Quick Question re:Great North Road.

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by IIIIIIIIIIIIIII, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Hi just a quick question to anyone who has ridden the great
    north road from Wisemans ferry, would one need full nobby's
    on or would the half and half tyres do the job ? Just trying
    to save myself extra legwork !! Thanks, Steve.

    Tags:

  2. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wrote:

    > Hi just a quick question to anyone who has ridden the
    > great north road from Wisemans ferry, would one need full
    > nobby's on or would the half and half tyres do the job ?
    > Just trying to save myself extra legwork !! Thanks, Steve.

    Standard road tyres are fine. Did it a number of time on 27"
    1.125" tyres with gneric tread.

    The major problem is sand drifts, the gravel (pebbles)

  3. Thanks !!

    "Terry Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi just a quick question to anyone who has ridden the
    > > great north road
    from
    > > Wisemans ferry, would one need full nobby's on or would
    > > the half and
    half
    > > tyres do the job ? Just trying to save myself extra
    > > legwork !! Thanks, Steve.
    >
    > Standard road tyres are fine. Did it a number of time on
    > 27" 1.125" tyres with gneric tread.
    >
    > The major problem is sand drifts, the gravel (pebbles)

  4. Bikelux

    Bikelux New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2004
    Ordinary standard tyres should be fine , I've ridden that road a couple of times. The track gets sandy in some spots , a few rock steps and baby heads but 90% of the time you'll be cruisin.
    Have fun.