Quick release retainer clip missing

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Joe Nordic, May 18, 2003.

  1. Joe Nordic

    Joe Nordic Guest

    When I removed my front wheel today to change the tire, the quick release lever fell out of the
    skewer. On closer inspection, I see that the tiny retainer clip is gone. Is it dangerous to ride
    without the clip? Can I buy a new clip, or do I need a new QR? It's a Campy Mirage.

    Thanks.

    Joe

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Joe Nordic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > When I removed my front wheel today to change the tire, the quick release lever fell out of the
    > skewer. On closer inspection, I see that the tiny retainer clip is gone. Is it dangerous to ride
    > without the clip? Can I buy a new clip, or do I need a new QR? It's a Campy Mirage.

    It's a cheap fastener at any hardware store.