quick release seat

wanderer390000

Aug 31, 2004
:D I was wondering how i can stop someone stealing my quick release seat off my bike? :p do you guys worry about that any ideas would be help full :eek:

You really have 3 options.

1) Leverless binder bolt. Instead of a quick release with a lever, it is just an allen key bolt. Someone would need to be carrying the allen key to get your saddle.

2) Several companies make thin cable locks designed to wrap around the top tube and around one of the rails of the saddle. Depending on how high your saddle is, you might have to drop it down before you would be able to threat this type of cable.

3) Take your saddle with you. Though this is the most inconvenient, it is the most fool proof.

Cheers,
Juba

wanderer390000 said:
:D I was wondering how i can stop someone stealing my quick release seat off my bike? :p do you guys worry about that any ideas would be help full :eek:

I saw some of my friends doing this. You lock up your bike, remove the seat with the quick release and then you hang your lock over one of the two bars at the bottom of the saddle(the two bars where youlock it to the post. Do you understand?). Or if you have U locks or the cable is too big to fit in, then take it with you.

Super Otaku said:
I saw some of my friends doing this. You lock up your bike, remove the seat with the quick release and then you hang your lock over one of the two bars at the bottom of the saddle(the two bars where youlock it to the post. Do you understand?). Or if you have U locks or the cable is too big to fit in, then take it with you.
Ok thanks, takeing it with you would be a pain in the bum:cool:

Juba said:
You really have 3 options.

1) Leverless binder bolt. Instead of a quick release with a lever, it is just an allen key bolt. Someone would need to be carrying the allen key to get your saddle.

2) Several companies make thin cable locks designed to wrap around the top tube and around one of the rails of the saddle. Depending on how high your saddle is, you might have to drop it down before you would be able to threat this type of cable.

3) Take your saddle with you. Though this is the most inconvenient, it is the most fool proof.

Cheers,
Juba
Ok thanks
this sound like my best bet i will look in to it at my LBS taking it with you would be a pain in the bum. my seat and stem would be worth $80 so i don't wanta have it stolen
" Several companies make thin cable locks designed to wrap around the top tube and around one of the rails of the saddle. Depending on how high your saddle is, you might have to drop it down before you would be able to threat this type of cable"