Quick Release wheels with disk brakes

The_ferret_live

Guest
I may be a lightweight here and have in the past been really simple with my tastes and needs in
bicycles but recently I bought a saracen mountain bike with front disk brakes. On my maiden voyage I
managed to get a puncture on the front wheel.

The wheel has a quick release and pretty soon I had the wheel off no problem. Getting back on was a
bit trickier (figuring out which way the springs went and which way round the bolt next to the
release handle needed to be, but managed to work it out through trial and error).

When I'd finally managed to get the wheel back on nice and safe and solid it hardly turned, as if
the brake was on. Thanks to having no manual that goes into the disk brake or quick release system I
am stumped, I can't think of any other way I could have done it.

Help! I just wanna ride me bike!!!

> When I'd finally managed to get the wheel back on nice and safe and solid it hardly turned, as if
> the brake was on. Thanks to having no manual that goes into the disk brake or quick release system
> I am stumped, I can't think of any other way I could have done it.

Sounds like you have a self-adjusting disc brake, and accidentally squeezed the brake lever when the
wheel was out of the bike (don't do that!). If you let us know what brand (and type, as in
mechanical or hydraulic) of disc brake it is, we can try to help you with the adjustment.

news:[email protected]...