Morning,
I recently saw a little flip-down tire holder on a bike during a recent
ride. The little spring loaded clip flipped down against the front tire to
keep the handlebars straight when leaning the bike against a wall, tree or
the like.

Anyone know of this product?

Thanks!

Kyle

On 2006-09-16, KM <[email protected]> wrote:
> Morning,
> I recently saw a little flip-down tire holder on a bike during a recent
> ride. The little spring loaded clip flipped down against the front tire to
> keep the handlebars straight when leaning the bike against a wall, tree or
> the like.
>
> Anyone know of this product?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kyle

I had one about 25 years ago. Made by Rhode Gear and I believe it was
called a flipstand. I seem to remember it working ok, but that was alot
of years ago.

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:55:17 GMT, "KM" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Morning,
> I recently saw a little flip-down tire holder on a bike during a recent
>ride. The little spring loaded clip flipped down against the front tire to
>keep the handlebars straight when leaning the bike against a wall, tree or
>the like.
>
>Anyone know of this product?

These were made some years ago, late 70's I think. Some time ago I
was looking for one for a friend but I think they were/are not made
any more.

Too gadgety for me; they appeared about the same time bicycles
starting making too many clicking noises. Simple enough to lean the
seat against the tree/wall/post/other bicycle seat, balanced so the
front does not move.

chuck wrote:
> On 2006-09-16, KM <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Morning,
> > I recently saw a little flip-down tire holder on a bike during a recent
> > ride. The little spring loaded clip flipped down against the front tire to
> > keep the handlebars straight when leaning the bike against a wall, tree or
> > the like.
> >
> > Anyone know of this product?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Kyle
> >

> I had one about 25 years ago. Made by Rhode Gear and I believe it was
> called a flipstand. I seem to remember it working ok, but that was alot
> of years ago.

Remember then from late 80s, but I think they were called "flickstand".
Good idea, though a front lever with a parking brake is better. :p

Great response! Thanks for all of the info. I will go from here.

Kyle
"Mike A Schwab" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> KM wrote:
> > Morning,
> > I recently saw a little flip-down tire holder on a bike during a

recent
> > ride. The little spring loaded clip flipped down against the front tire

> > keep the handlebars straight when leaning the bike against a wall, tree

or
> > the like.
> >
> > Anyone know of this product?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Kyle

> http://search.ebay.com/flickstand_W0QQfnuZ1
> http://www.bicycle-forum.net/tech/Flickstand_445570.html

OMG! do they still make those things? here's a tip, you don't have to
keep the front wheel straight to prevent the bike from falling over,
just squeeze the front brake lever and jam something into it to hold the
front brake closed, like a small pebble, or even a folded cigarette butt
(goodness knows there are enough of those laying around!).

Signed:
MacGyver.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,