Quiet electric cooker.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Edgar Iredale, Mar 2, 2006.

  1. After about 25 years it seems time to change our Carron Capri three
    electric cooker.

    I don't like fan ovens. They seem always to be dreadfully noisy and from
    experience long ago with industrial controlled environment ovens it was
    always the fans that failed first and frequently.

    Can anybody suggest a suitable replacement model either fanless or with
    a reliable quiet fan.

    Edgar

    Tags:

  2. Peter Aitken

    Peter Aitken Guest

    "Edgar Iredale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > After about 25 years it seems time to change our Carron Capri three
    > electric cooker.
    >
    > I don't like fan ovens. They seem always to be dreadfully noisy and from
    > experience long ago with industrial controlled environment ovens it was
    > always the fans that failed first and frequently.
    >
    > Can anybody suggest a suitable replacement model either fanless or with
    > a reliable quiet fan.
    >
    > Edgar

    I am not sure what you mean by "electric cooker" but our Dacor range has
    fans for both convection and cooling and they are quite quiet and have been
    trouble-free for many years.

    --
    Peter Aitken

  3. limey

    limey Guest

    "Peter Aitken" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Edgar Iredale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> After about 25 years it seems time to change our Carron Capri three
    >> electric cooker.
    >>
    >> I don't like fan ovens. They seem always to be dreadfully noisy and from
    >> experience long ago with industrial controlled environment ovens it was
    >> always the fans that failed first and frequently.
    >>
    >> Can anybody suggest a suitable replacement model either fanless or with
    >> a reliable quiet fan.
    >>
    >> Edgar

    > I am not sure what you mean by "electric cooker" but our Dacor range has
    > fans for both convection and cooling and they are quite quiet and have
    > been trouble-free for many years.
    > --
    > Peter Aitken

    Electric cooker is the UK term for an electric range. I don't know if the
    Dacor is sold there.

    Dora

  4. limey wrote:

    > "Peter Aitken" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> "Edgar Iredale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> After about 25 years it seems time to change our Carron Capri three
    >>> electric cooker.
    >>>
    >>> I don't like fan ovens. They seem always to be dreadfully noisy and
    >>> from experience long ago with industrial controlled environment
    >>> ovens it was always the fans that failed first and frequently.
    >>>
    >>> Can anybody suggest a suitable replacement model either fanless or
    >>> with a reliable quiet fan.
    >>>
    >>> Edgar

    >> I am not sure what you mean by "electric cooker" but our Dacor range
    >> has fans for both convection and cooling and they are quite quiet and
    >> have been trouble-free for many years.
    >> --
    >> Peter Aitken

    > Electric cooker is the UK term for an electric range. I don't know if
    > the Dacor is sold there.
    >
    > Dora

    Thanks. Dora is right I'm in England and we still use the expression
    "cooker" although "range" is starting to come in for wide cookers. To
    me a range is a solid fuel cooker - Rayburn or Aga, etc.

    I've just Googled(UK) for Dacor but it seems they are sufficiently
    rare here that it would be inadvisable to buy one. Anyway I really
    don't want a fan.

    Part of the trouble is that suppliers here never seem able to switch on
    the things they sell so it's quite impossible to judge the noise. In
    other people's homes I notice that fan ovens always seem to make a loud
    irritating roar. Much worse than an un-quietened PC.

    Edgar

  5. limey

    limey Guest

    "Edgar Iredale" wrote >>
    > I've just Googled(UK) for Dacor but it seems they are sufficiently
    > rare here that it would be inadvisable to buy one. Anyway I really
    > don't want a fan.
    >
    > Part of the trouble is that suppliers here never seem able to switch on
    > the things they sell so it's quite impossible to judge the noise. In
    > other people's homes I notice that fan ovens always seem to make a loud
    > irritating roar. Much worse than an un-quietened PC.
    >
    > Edgar

    Edgar, you might want to ask your question on the newsgroup
    uk.food+drink.misc . They're a friendly group and would be happy to help
    if they can, I'm sure.

    Dora

  6. limey wrote:

    > "Edgar Iredale" wrote >>
    >> I've just Googled(UK) for Dacor but it seems they are sufficiently
    >> rare here that it would be inadvisable to buy one. Anyway I really
    >> don't want a fan.
    >>
    >> Part of the trouble is that suppliers here never seem able to switch
    >> on the things they sell so it's quite impossible to judge the noise.
    >> In other people's homes I notice that fan ovens always seem to make a
    >> loud irritating roar. Much worse than an un-quietened PC.
    >>
    >> Edgar

    > Edgar, you might want to ask your question on the newsgroup
    > uk.food+drink.misc . They're a friendly group and would be happy to
    > help if they can, I'm sure.
    >
    > Dora

    Thanks Dora. I assumed quiet cookers would be pretty international
    things. This group came up when I googled for "quiet cooker" although I
    noticed "roaster" didn't get an answer.
    Anyway thanks to all for putting up with me.

    Edgar