Quinn Cylces?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Saint, May 30, 2003.

  1. Saint

    Saint Guest

    Hi

    Went into their shop in Liverpool today and have to say I was really impressed with the service I
    got. Explained to the guy I have a Specialized comfort bike for poodling about on but wanted
    something more road-like for improving my general fitness?

    Basically he pointed me towards either a Ridgeback Genesis flat bar or one of Quinn's own custom
    build road bikes, alloy frame, full Campag Groupset, San Marco saddle, the lot.

    Just wondered whether anyone had any views as to the quality of their stuff as I genuinely don't
    know. The cost was a tad over £500 whilst the Ridgeback was £499.

    Help!!

    Saint

    Tags:

  2. Andy Dingley

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Fri, 30 May 2003 11:40:42 +0000 (UTC), "Saint" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Just wondered whether anyone had any views as to the quality of their stuff as I genuinely
    >don't know.

    Well, it all depends whether it's a Harry or a Ronnie, doesn't it :cool:

    I've got a Quinn frame, built for my dad in 1947. It's getting hard to find Whitworth BB parts and a
    stick-shift front mech, but it's still a nice classic English frame, hand-filed lugwork and
    everything.

    For sheer novelty value, I'd go with the Quinn. Anyone and everyone can ride the mass-market brands.
    Nice to have something a bit more local.

  3. W K

    W K Guest

    "Andy Dingley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 30 May 2003 11:40:42 +0000 (UTC), "Saint" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Just wondered whether anyone had any views as to the quality of their
    stuff
    > >as I genuinely don't know.
    >
    > Well, it all depends whether it's a Harry or a Ronnie, doesn't it :cool:
    >
    > I've got a Quinn frame, built for my dad in 1947. It's getting hard to find Whitworth BB parts and
    > a stick-shift front mech, but it's still a nice classic English frame, hand-filed lugwork and
    > everything.

    Yebbut Raleighs used to be good.

    > For sheer novelty value, I'd go with the Quinn. Anyone and everyone can ride the mass-market
    > brands. Nice to have something a bit more local.

    My LBS - (itd sound like name dropping) ... rekons its quite easy to put together such racing bikes
    (buy frames ... stick on the bits and hey presto). Much as I'd like to support (other, lower
    profile) local shops, I'd be tempted to get a ribble for this type of bike.

    Much as people spit at the mention of their names, the OP is presumably a reasonable distance to
    drive to preston, and they do have an interesting set of choices at this price level.

  4. Saint <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Went into their shop in Liverpool today and have to say I was really impressed with the service I
    > got. Explained to the guy I have a Specialized comfort bike for poodling about on but wanted
    > something more road-like for improving my general fitness?
    >
    > Basically he pointed me towards either a Ridgeback Genesis flat bar or one of Quinn's own custom
    > build road bikes, alloy frame, full Campag Groupset, San Marco saddle, the lot.
    >
    > Just wondered whether anyone had any views as to the quality of their stuff as I genuinely don't
    > know. The cost was a tad over £500 whilst the Ridgeback was £499.
    >
    > Help!!

    Well, the shop's owner and many other members of our club ride these bikes and are perfectly happy
    with them. People who use his shop are full of praise for it's service.

  5. Saint

    Saint Guest

    "Andrew Templeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1fvsm9p.5gdkbpkl8awwN%[email protected]...
    > Saint <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Went into their shop in Liverpool today and have to say I was really impressed with the service
    > > I got. Explained to the guy I have a
    Specialized
    > > comfort bike for poodling about on but wanted something more road-like
    for
    > > improving my general fitness?
    > >
    > > Basically he pointed me towards either a Ridgeback Genesis flat bar or
    one
    > > of Quinn's own custom build road bikes, alloy frame, full Campag
    Groupset,
    > > San Marco saddle, the lot.
    > >
    > > Just wondered whether anyone had any views as to the quality of their
    stuff
    > > as I genuinely don't know. The cost was a tad over £500 whilst the Ridgeback was £499.
    > >
    > > Help!!
    > >

    > Well, the shop's owner and many other members of our club ride these bikes and are perfectly happy
    > with them. People who use his shop are full of praise for it's service.

    I'd certainly agree with that - they guy was absolutely great with me and no hard sell. Take a bow
    Quinn Cycles.

    Saint