Quintana Roo caliente 2005

jantito

Sep 29, 2005
Hiya, i´ve seen 2005 quintana roo caliente bike on sale for 1999$, just want to know some experience over this bike, especially wheels, not well known. Thanks

jantito said:
Hiya, i´ve seen 2005 quintana roo caliente bike on sale for 1999$, just want to know some experience over this bike, especially wheels, not well known. Thanks

That is a good price. Real Design wheels are nice wheels. I don't particularly know much about their durability, but they are pretty light. I assume that you are aware that this is a steep-seat angle Tri/TT designed frame.

jantito said:
Just bought one in the UK for £1250. The bike is awesome. I've been riding small Giant TCR's for the last few years but started getting back ache. Got the Caliente a week before the World Tri Champs and rode it there and in Ironman Hawaii to pretty good effect I think. I didnt get the dreaded back ache after either and was able to run well. I did use my Zipp 404s as the Real Design wheels hadn't arrived. I was a surprise when they came as carbon as I thought they were going to be aluminium for that price.
Seat angle is 76.5 compared to 73 for the Giant.I got a size 53cm but this equates to a 47 top tube height.My inside leg is 31''. Components were Durace front and back with Ultegra brakes.Vision tech bars and brake levers are fantastic. Never had a set of tribars that dont move even a little.These are rigid.Not sure on QR saddle. I changed for my SLR XP. Stick to what your rear likes!
I was made up when I saw one for sale in Island Triathlon Bike shop in Honolulu for $3000. Knew I'd got a bargain.
Hope this helps

I just got one of these great bikes, but it needs a bit of work. Do any of you still happen to have yours? If so, and you have any docs handy, could you send them along? I've sent an email to inform at quintana roo tri dot c0m so I may be getting something back from them.

Thanks.