Quit littering this forum with your recumbent trash

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by OCRoadie, Dec 1, 2004.

1. OCRoadie

OCRoadie New Member

Okay, at first I found entertainment in reading the ridiculous posts from Johnnynocum, Raffiman, Lowracer etc. Now this is just stupid, take this BS somewhere else, you are just polluting this forum. I really could care less about how slow Chris Evans is or what kind of fairings you have on your hpv. Shut up and go ride, or take this nonsense somewhere else.

Tags:

2. MrCjolsen

MrCjolsen New Member

Did a recumbant run over your dog or something?

I don't ride one, and probably never will. But they're bikes and this is a forum for bikes, so what's the problem?

3. OCRoadie

OCRoadie New Member

I don't have a problem with recumbents or people making posts about them on this forum. I was referring to the particular nonsense posts that were going on between the above mentioned users. This morning this forum was flooded with tons of repeat posts by the same obnoxious people.

4. blazingpedals

blazingpedals New Member

Johnny, raffi, billg, and okee are denizens from Monkey Island, a spot on the web where some bad-mannered lowracer recumbent riders could entertain themselves with unmoderated trash talk, trade insults, and post fictitious derogatory pictures. Believe me, the group's behavior is disgusting to everyone else in the recumbent world, and most of them are banned on the major moderated lists. Unfortunately, their forum was shut down. (Big surprise!) So now they are rooting around for another home. The last time they lost their server they harassed r.b.m. for a month or two with the same-type stuff. I've councelled lowracervk to quit responding to them, but it's hard to do when they're making personal attacks and spreading false information. If you think their posts here are obnoxious, have a look at the recumbent forum where they've hijacked just about every thread and everybody is afraid to post anything.

I thought these forums were moderated?

5. Johnny NoCom

Johnny NoCom New Member

There are many HPV riders that are sick and tired of all the BS that John Foltz and "Slowdio" Chris Evans have been posting about how fast they pretend to be on recumbent forums. Add to that the insult to the diamond frame community with all their bozo talk about how they "kill" roadies with the recumbents and how they out climb traditional diamond frame riders.

The fact is they are both slow recumbent riders and MANY diamond frame riders and many recumbent riders are faster than both of them combined.

No trash just the facts.

Cheers,
    Johnny NoCom

6. raffiman

raffiman Guest

Frankly,

What irks the cycling body as a whole is FALSE information based on pure exaggerated claims regarding outrageous speed attained by mere mortals.

Fact in point: When was the last time you heard a sprint rider brag about 46.5 mph "cruising?" CK Slowdio does it all the time????

Fact in point: "I passed Frankie Andreu" on the Hilly Hundred. Blazingpedals, John Foltz assumes this will impress others with his athletic prowless. This deed conducted on a cycling Fall Invitational with families and children is about as ludricous as bragging about how Sam Whittingham goes 83 mph on a bicycle compared to 12 mph beach going cruisers.

Fact in point: "We bents are going to beat up the pacelines of roadies on the AVITA Black Bear Boat event." Totally a waste of time as Ck SLOWDIO AND Blazingpedals John Foltz was handily passed by a bunch of upright cyclists on purportedly slower bikes? These two can't seem to grasp the idea of healthy competiton but rather state blanket statements that can't be substantiated.

We are all cyclists from every facet imaginable and frankly bragging about anything is senseless in the manner these two have chosen, it certainly doesn't impress me nor do I see any POINT in their bravado.

I've always known that when you think you've won an event, enjoy it as victory is inevitably short lived as there is always someone faster, smarter, and can crank better than you.......Those two should exercise some degree of humility once in a while.

Johnny NoCom, and other "denizens" from Monkey Island DO NOT brag about personal achievement as it's not necessary when we KNOW WE'VE already ARRIVED. THERE IS NO ONE TO IMPRESS BUT OURSELVES....

Raffi

7. tanggoman

tanggoman New Member

Yeah, who the h#ll cares about someone bragging something. I don't.

8. lowracervk2

lowracervk2 New Member

Johnny nocom and raffiman are the same person. I can't believe he is over here either littering your forum. We frankly are also sick of him. He will take one statement someone says and dwell on it for weeks at a time and just annoy the living crap out of everybody.

I've already sent an email to the administrator. He won't be around here much longer.

As blazing pedals has already said, the person portraying johnny nocom and raffiman as well as bill gout have been banned from everywhere else. Its only a matter of time before they are booted from here as well. I also am not a slow rider as they portray. I hold a time trial course record and also took first in a 62 mile road race this summer with average speed for the race at 24.4mph. If that is slow, then well excuse me. I took a break last summer from doing any hpv races. I had better events to do which involved long distances. I couldn't see traveling 6 hours to an hpv event to get in a total of 2 hours worth of racing over two days. The monkees dwell on my past hpv racing inexperience as .........yeah thats all the faster he can go.
    Getting out on the road and training with road racers is much better training and more fun than going in circles on a velodrome anyhow.
    Would you want to go to a race with these guys around.

9. Johnny NoCom

Johnny NoCom New Member

Did you check out this story CK? Its a Slowdio classic about what happens when you race on the road.

http://www.lmb.org/mhpva/newsletter/2004-09/page3.htm

It was Chris Evans, on his VK2 with RazzFazz tailbox. As I passed him, he complained that his legs were dead. Bonked, he was only able to manage 16 mph or so.

Cheers,
    Johnny NoCom

10. Johnny NoCom

Johnny NoCom New Member

You're slow and you keep misleading the cycling public about the races you participate in.

24.4 MPH will not cut it at an HPV race against recumbents. Sorry to inform you that is a SLOW speed for anyone who races a faired recumbent.

The time trial course had no other recumbents and you were the only rider using a tailfaired bike. All the other competitors did not have fairings. There is NO fair race when a faired rider competes against non faired riders. You cheated. Lets see you try a course record on an unfaired bike you cheater.

You did not show up to race at any HPV recumbent races in 04 because you looked for easy targets at non recumbent events. Time trials with no other recumbents or faired competition. Events that you were able to cheat at with your fairing.

Show up to race HPV Stock in '05 and you will see just how fast you are when you are in competition with real recumbent racers with no cheater fairing gimmicks.

The road racers at Black Bear dropped you like a sack of bricks.

Plenty of legitimate racers will be in HPV stock class in '05. Lets see what you have at a real HPV race Slowdio.

Cheers,
    Johnny NoCom

11. tyler_derden

tyler_derden New Member

It is a shame they carry on the way they do. Some of them might have some useful input, but sorting through all the childish raving to find any real info is like volunteering to sit in the comfy chair at the Spanish inquisition.

Click the "user CP" link at the top left of the page and put the offending people on your ignore list. Then you won't have to see their stuff. That's what I did. If they change their IDs it will become obvious pretty quickly and you can just add the new IDs to the list as well.

TD

12. lowracervk2

lowracervk2 New Member

24.4 MPH will not cut it at an HPV race against recumbents. Sorry to inform you that is a SLOW speed for anyone who races a faired recumbent

HPV racing does not have 62 mile road races. A 24.4mph average speed on a hilly course is nothing like an hpv event.

You guys also had your chance to show up for such an event and not one of you did.

13. Johnny NoCom

Johnny NoCom New Member

You keep misleading the cycling public by insisting your 24.4 mph speed is fast. 24.4 mph with a partially faired bike is not fast. You should know better by now but your head is too thick to know how fast partially faired recumbents are.

Take your cheater fairing off and try the same 24.4 average in 2005. If you compete against non faired DFs you ride non faired just like they do or you will be cheating with the fairing.

When "the guys" see you in '05 you will be a spec in their mirrors because you can not ride faster than 24.4 mph on the road with your cheater fairing.

Cheers,
    Johnny NoCom

14. raffiman

raffiman Guest

Chris SLOWDIO just doesn't get it. Again he is LYING. Cyclevision has 1/2/3/6 hour Time Trials and yes it is all recumbents. Some of these ARE on open roads. What is interesting is the speeds these real racers produce, some above 30 mph, averaging for hours on end. Just look at the 2003 3 hour TT results, note that the 5th place finisher was a WOMAN, Ellen van Vugt completed over 90 miles in 3 hours.

http://www.ligfiets.net/cyclevision/resultaten2003/3uur/

There is a general consistency amongst well performing athletes, Chris Slowdio Evans seems not to grasp, the humbleness and demeanor of the well accomplished athlete NOT needing to toot his horn. Ever hear the phrase, "It's not about the bike" from a REAL accomplished bike rider?

It's this constant barrage of bravado posted by Chris Evans and John Foltz through the years that just irks me the wrong way. Everyone strives to succeed in one way or another regarding cycling endeavors. It is NOT all about how fast you ride a 62 mile event....especially when REAL hpv racers have results far exceeding what you accomplished.

Raffi

15. Johnny NoCom

Johnny NoCom New Member

No one is taking over cycling.com Slowdio. You are being confronted for all of your BS claims about your racing speeds.

Your BS speed and racing claims are leaving a bad taste to the HPV racers in the cycling community. You can redeem yourself by showing up at an HPV race to race against recumbents.

No you do not have to quit you just have to show up to some real HPV races to have accurate results posted of your racing speed against other recumbents.

You are doing more harm to the HPV sport by posting inaccurate speeds of your recumbent riding on the net. Keep it legitimate and back your speed up with race data that is chip timed by HPV race officials.

It is easy to blame others for quitting. The fact is Thoms friend has no one to blame but himself.

Slowdio you are getting called on all your BS speed posts. Stop whining like a baby and show up on the track in 2005. Stop cheating by fantasy racing DFs with no fairings. Recumbents race recumbents.

Cheers,
    Johnny NoCom

16. raffiman

raffiman Guest

And I must point out the author of this encounter was Blazingpedals himself, John Foltz. Taking into fact John only averaged 17 mph on this years Hilly puts him in comparable company............ 16 for SLOWDIO, 17 for FOLTZY..........
    Hey wait one second, 15,16,17 mph.........just about what FOG'S ride at on the Bentrideronline Board. For those not in-the-know, FOG is (Fat Old Geezers).

Raffi

17. lowracervk2

lowracervk2 New Member

I got rid of those guys with a little email to the forum moderator. Apparently the moderator saw it my way and Johnny Nocom got the highway.
    You are welcome guys.

18. tyler_derden

tyler_derden New Member

The problem with the ignore list is that when these guys post, if you are subscribed to the thread, you still get an email letting you know that they have posted another message.

The forum software needs a mod to check notifications against ignore lists and NOT send the email if the posted message is from someone on the list.

The only solution is to unsubscribe from the thread and just manually check in from time to time to see if there is anything useful.

TD