Quite a good wee article about Cycle Route 75. Bit dated though.

[email protected] wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4737899.stm
>
> Has anybody managed to get passed Newton? Everytime I get to that
> point I get completely lost, and have to turn back.

Its a good article.
And everyone here now knows that the neds in Clydebank are only offering
you a friendly swig of their Buckfast :)

But note the bloke from Cycling Scotland encouraging people to cycle on
quiet country roads.
And the next thing Sustrans saying (in effect) that the Grim Reaper will
descend and your children will be wiped out if they so much as set wheel
to tarmac. Sigh.

"John Hearns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4737899.stm
>>
>> Has anybody managed to get passed Newton? Everytime I get to that
>> point I get completely lost, and have to turn back.
>>

> Its a good article.
> And everyone here now knows that the neds in Clydebank are only offering
> you a friendly swig of their Buckfast :)
>

> But note the bloke from Cycling Scotland encouraging people to cycle on
> quiet country roads.
> And the next thing Sustrans saying (in effect) that the Grim Reaper will
> descend and your children will be wiped out if they so much as set wheel
> to tarmac. Sigh.

Knew i had read it before, its got my rant about the Sustrans Ranger in
Killin website and the changeable surface of the route.

Niall

> At certain times of night the Glasgow Green section for sure
> and I would imagine some of the Coatbridge/Airdrie sections of the
> Sustrans Glw-Ed route could be "interesting".
> Iain

The Glasgow Green section would at night be reasonable I'd have
thought. Security cameras and police everywhere, buts thats around the
People's Palace section.

I'd imagine north of Rutherglen Bridge to be a bit hairy after 7pm.