Quiting cycling, giving my bikes away and hiding in shame!

I don't do long distance workouts much too. So when I worked out on my CF Cervelo Soloist with Zipp 404's I was hurt when a woman on a simple Specialized passed me up. But I ride in the fat burning zone.

waxbytes wrote, in part:
"....the second thought, as the voice faded into the distance, was "Does she ever shut up?".

My reply:
Too funny, dude. An older aquaintance told me years ago that if I want to watch some miles eaten up quick, try pacing a couple chatting teenage girls on a bicycle. They don't even seem to realize they're doing anything that requires effort. He may have something there. I've found it also seems to work with some older folks like me, too.

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Check your ego in at the door on the left when you get on a bike. LOL!

There are plenty of women in the local area here that will hand my a$$ to me when going up hills - don't know about the downhills as I have some weight on 'em. If the women aren't ego-bruising enough, there are plenty of teenagers around here that will use me to "wax on, wax off" in even flat crits...
So true, so true. I don't care who passes me, hopefully it is a pretty girl so I can get a good view from behind. I'm 58 but I'm not dead yet. I don't care how fast or slow I'm going. As long as I get from point A to point B in one piece, and get some exercise, I'm happy.

I rode in my first MS charity ride this year. At the second rest stop, my fiance and I saw this little old man who could barely walk. Well, we left the rest area and a few miles down the road, here comes the little old man and he went by us like we were standing still. We later found out that the man was 91 years old. We never thought that we would be setting any speed records, but to be totally smoked by someone almost twice my age (I'm 46) was truly humbling. I could only wish I could ride like that at 91... Hell, I wish I could ride like that now.

Just you wait how badly she can smoke you in video games or texting.....

Originally Posted by Nukuhiva .

lol I wouldn't be surprised I never game and texting is not my thing on a standard cellphone keyboard

Originally Posted by Nukuhiva .

I would take her on on the gaming. I have the greatest video game there is!
200gb of fun.

Over four thousand aircraft to fly and the whole world to explore.

And when I get tired of flying, jump in a million dollar car and go for a spin.