Quiznos Subs

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Dee Randall, Feb 13, 2006.

  1. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many a
    year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not changed.
    I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    different than Subway.
    Thanks,
    Dee Dee

    Tags:

  2. Doug Kanter

    Doug Kanter Guest

    "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many
    > a year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not
    > changed.
    > I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    > different than Subway.
    > Thanks,
    > Dee Dee

    Their ads suggest that their subs are grilled, or squeezed & heated, sort of
    like Cuban sandwiches.

    Incidentally, Subway's low fat subs are actually pretty good, especially if
    you're travelling by car and find yourself with limited choices at highway
    exits. Better than the BK Lounge or McD, unless of course you have a craving
    for fries.

  3. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2006-02-13, Dee Randall <[email protected]> wrote:
    > There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many a
    > year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not changed.
    > I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    > different than Subway.

    I've only been to a Quiznos once, when a new one opened just a couple
    blocks from me. I walked, I walked out. It really smelled bad. The
    place went belly up six months later.

    nb

  4. George

    George Guest

    Dee Randall wrote:
    > There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many a
    > year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not changed.
    > I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    > different than Subway.
    > Thanks,
    > Dee Dee

    Like subway nothing to write home about. My favorite subs are banh mi
    (Vietnamese, nothing local but a favorite when in a city with a
    Vietnamese population) or the excellent subs they make at the local mom
    & pop deli.

  5. Knit Chic

    Knit Chic Guest

    "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many
    > a year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not
    > changed.
    > I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    > different than Subway.
    > Thanks,
    > Dee Dee

    IMO they are spendy for what you get. What you get is pretty average.
    good luck.

  6. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 2006-02-13, Dee Randall <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many
    >> year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not
    >> changed.
    >> I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    >> different than Subway.

    > I've only been to a Quiznos once, when a new one opened just a couple
    > blocks from me. I walked, I walked out. It really smelled bad. The
    > place went belly up six months later.
    >
    > nb

    Whoa! Doesn't look (smell) good.
    Thanks a lot.
    Dee Dee

  7. On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:08:07 -0500, "Dee Randall"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many a
    >year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not changed.
    >I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    >different than Subway.
    >Thanks,
    >Dee Dee

    I don't eat Subway but I've been to the local Quiznos a few times
    (it's next door to the scrapbooking store and they open at 1pm on
    Sunday so if we're too early to pick up supplies we get lunch
    first...) Their food tends to be very salty but otherwise okay. I like
    their chicken and corn chowder... but like all these places the food
    is EXPENSIVE! It costs about twenty dollars for lunch for two...

    --
    ~Karen aka Kajikit
    Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

  8. Jessica V.

    Jessica V. Guest

    I went to Quiznos once when they first opened a store here. Much more
    expensive than Subway and quality only slightly better. If I had only
    the two options for a sub I'd go with a veggie & cheese on wheat from
    Subway, reasonably priced, reasonably healthy and not a sodium bomb.

    Jessica

  9. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many a
    >year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not changed.
    >I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    >different than Subway.
    >Thanks,
    >Dee Dee

    We have a Quiznos one at work. My impression is that both are
    similar. Perhaps Q has the advantage due to the toasting.

    At either place, I get the vegetable sub.

    Sue(tm)

  10. MareCat

    MareCat Guest

    "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many
    > a year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not
    > changed.
    > I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    > different than Subway.

    The quality of the subs, IMO, is better than Subway, but Quiznos is much
    more expensive. We usually get subs from other (much better) places, rather
    than either of those chains.

    Mary

  11. DWACON

    DWACON Guest

    "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many
    > a year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not
    > changed.
    > I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    > different than Subway.

    I find them superior to Subway -- even after Subway started offering toasted
    versions of their sammiches.

    Quisnos also has better soups!

    --
    The generation that used acid to escape reality
    is now using antacid to deal with reality

  12. Default User

    Default User Guest

    Doug Kanter wrote:

    > "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway
    > > for many a year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by)
    > > that it has not changed. I'm wondering if anyone has been to
    > > Quiznos and knows if it is much different than Subway. Thanks,
    > > Dee Dee
    > >

    > Their ads suggest that their subs are grilled, or squeezed & heated,
    > sort of like Cuban sandwiches.

    They're toasted, the sandwich made and then run open through a oven
    contraption. No pressing.

    One building I worked at shared a parking lot with a Quiznos. Many of
    the gang really liked it, I didn't so much.

    For subs in STL, I prefer to go the Amighetti's franchise at Village
    Square (I know this means nothing to 99% of you). It's not quite the
    same as the original on the Hill, but it's still pretty close.

    Brian
    won't shut up.

  13. salgud

    salgud Guest

    MareCat wrote:
    > "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many
    > > a year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not
    > > changed.
    > > I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    > > different than Subway.

    > The quality of the subs, IMO, is better than Subway, but Quiznos is much
    > more expensive. We usually get subs from other (much better) places, rather
    > than either of those chains.
    >
    > Mary

    I've eaten at both for years. I prefer Quizno's when I have the choice.
    I think they use better quality ingredients and much better bread. Of
    course, I'm used to old-fashioned NY/Philly subs, with nice crusty
    bread. If you can't tell the difference between Wonder Bread and and
    real bread (most Americans can't), opt for Subway. If you like really
    good bread, you'll be happier at Quizno's. Quizno's costs a bit more,
    but they have a lot of specials.
    Hope this helps in your world.

  14. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "Knit Chic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for

    many
    > > a year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not
    > > changed.
    > > I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    > > different than Subway.
    > > Thanks,
    > > Dee Dee

    > IMO they are spendy for what you get. What you get is pretty average.
    > good luck.

    I agree! $8.50 for a sub that looks smaller than the 6" subway? Uh uh. I
    went three times (because "they" say you have to give a place three times
    before you call it done) and one time Quiznos was even out of cheese! I've
    ordered soup, salad and subs there just to be fair and it's just NOT worth
    it.

    kili

  15. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    Dee Randall wrote:
    > There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many a
    > year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not changed.
    > I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    > different than Subway.
    > Thanks,
    > Dee Dee

    Hadn'tried Quiznos before a week or so. Had a couple of coupons so went
    to one in Honolulu. Coupon ok and sub was very good, on a par with
    Subway, although a little more pricey without the coupon. Went back
    later and tried to use a coupon and was refused "only good on the
    mainland". A few days later clipped a few coupons from the local paper
    and tried again. Only one of the coupons was acceptable. Screwy. I
    like their sandwiches, maybe a tad more than Subway, but their prices
    and coupon policies are a little off. Don't expect to make a return visit.

  16. alsandor

    alsandor Guest

    Default User a écrit :

    > For subs in STL, I prefer to go the Amighetti's franchise at Village
    > Square (I know this means nothing to 99% of you).

    Probably, more accurately, 99,9%.

    > It's not quite the
    > same as the original on the Hill, but it's still pretty close.

    This too is meaningless :)

  17. alsandor

    alsandor Guest

    Dee Randall a écrit :

    > > I've only been to a Quiznos once, when a new one opened just a couple
    > > blocks from me. I walked, I walked out. It really smelled bad. The
    > > place went belly up six months later.

    > Whoa! Doesn't look (smell) good.
    > Thanks a lot.

    I've been to two or three Quiznos in Ottawa. No smell problem that I
    noticed. Subs tended to be messy. My son quite likes them; too much
    meat for my taste. Odd thing is that the closest one is right next to
    a Subway and both seem to be doing well.

  18. ntantiques

    ntantiques Guest

    Dee Randall wrote:
    > There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many a
    > year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not changed.
    > I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    > different than Subway.
    > Thanks,
    > Dee Dee

    The one and only time I tried Quiznos I ended up worshipping the
    porcelain god for 2 days. Major food poisoning. Never again. Bought
    the sub at the drive thru window during a "non-peak" time of day. As I
    contemplated my demise, it occurred to me that the "hot" sub had
    probably been a leftover pre-fab from lunch. Still get queasy when I
    see one of their ads.

    Nancy T

  19. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "ntantiques" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Dee Randall wrote:
    >> There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many
    >> year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not
    >> changed.
    >> I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    >> different than Subway.
    >> Thanks,
    >> Dee Dee

    > The one and only time I tried Quiznos I ended up worshipping the
    > porcelain god for 2 days. Major food poisoning. Never again. Bought
    > the sub at the drive thru window during a "non-peak" time of day. As I
    > contemplated my demise, it occurred to me that the "hot" sub had
    > probably been a leftover pre-fab from lunch. Still get queasy when I
    > see one of their ads.
    >
    > Nancy T

    Maybe that's why the new Quiznos is located beside the Vitamin Shoppe --
    just in case.
    Wonder if Quiznos knows what they are doing? So sad, so much potential.
    Dee Dee

  20. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    DWACON wrote:
    > "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> There is a new Quiznos in Winchester. We haven't gone to Subway for many
    >> a year, but we feel (from looking in when we pass by) that it has not
    >> changed.
    >> I'm wondering if anyone has been to Quiznos and knows if it is much
    >> different than Subway.

    > I find them superior to Subway -- even after Subway started offering toasted
    > versions of their sammiches.
    >
    > Quisnos also has better soups!

    I had my first visit and lunch there today, before going to the gym. I
    had the warm veggie/cheese sub (small) and enjoyed the spring mix
    lettuce as well as the guacamole. Baked lays chips and a raspberry
    lemonaide and I was nicely sated. It didn't seem all that expensive to
    me considering all the fresh vegetables I had in my sub.
    Goomba