Quiznos UGLY Roadkill puppett

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Billkirch, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Billkirch

    Billkirch Guest

    What advertising idiot came up with that ugly, scarey character. That is THE stupidist company
    character I've ever seen. BG

    Tags:

  2. sjb56

    sjb56 Guest

    On 04 Feb 2004 04:08:09 GMT, [email protected] (BillKirch) wrote:

    >What advertising idiot came up with that ugly, scarey character. That is THE stupidist company
    >character I've ever seen. BG

    I agree! My daughter and I saw the commercial for the first time tonight. After staring at each
    other as if to say "What was that???", I mentioned that someone actually PAID the advertising
    company for that and then someone actually APPROVED using this campaign. Another one of those that
    makes you say "HUH??". SusanB in GA

  3. D.Currie

    D.Currie Guest

  4. Levelwave©

    Levelwave© Guest

    BillKirch wrote:

    > What advertising idiot came up with that ugly, scarey character. That is THE stupidist company
    > character I've ever seen. BG

    It's an act that's been around the 'net for quite a while... kinda like the singin' kitties...

    ~john

  5. Paulagarlic

    Paulagarlic Guest

    "BillKirch" <[email protected]> wrote

    > What advertising idiot came up with that ugly, scarey character. That is
    THE
    > stupidist company character I've ever seen. BG

    I am glad I am not the only one who thought so! We haven't got a Quiznos around here, but that ad
    certainly wouldn't inspire me to visit one!

    Paula

  6. "BillKirch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What advertising idiot came up with that ugly, scarey character. That is
    THE
    > stupidist company character I've ever seen. B

    I didn't like the ad either, but it obviously worked if so many people are talking about it.

    -Adam

  7. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

    On 2004-02-04, PaulaGarlic <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am glad I am not the only one who thought so! We haven't got a Quiznos around here, but that ad
    > certainly wouldn't inspire me to visit one!

    Some dumb smuck opened a new Quizno's in our slowly revitalizing downtown. Took six months to refurb
    the old brownstone to trash/flash newness, but only 3 months for it to die a quick painful death.
    Love it! :)

    nb

  8. The Cook

    The Cook Guest

    "Adam Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"BillKirch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >m02.aol.com...
    >> What advertising idiot came up with that ugly, scarey character. That is
    >THE
    >> stupidist company character I've ever seen. B
    >
    >I didn't like the ad either, but it obviously worked if so many people are talking about it.
    >
    >-Adam

    The propose of ads is to entice people to buy your product. If it does not increase your sales, it
    did not work.

    --
    Susan N.

    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

  9. Thecatintx

    Thecatintx Guest

    I just saw that tonight for the first time... what is that thing, a hamster?

  10. Ntantiques

    Ntantiques Guest

    >What advertising idiot came up with that ugly, scarey character. That is THE stupidist company
    >character I've ever seen.
    BG

    Husband & I caught the commercial last night and decided those creatures we observed dancing around
    the sponsor's product were singing rats. Big, honking, ugly rats. Immediate, unanimous decision made
    never to even consider trying a Quiznos sub.

    NT

  11. Lynn Gifford

    Lynn Gifford Guest

    "PaulaGarlic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>... (snip)
    > I am glad I am not the only one who thought so! We haven't got a Quiznos around here, but that ad
    > certainly wouldn't inspire me to visit one!
    >
    > Paula

    Quizno's is a little pricey for a sandwich shop, but the food is first rate. Lynn from Fargo
    Preferring Erbert's & Gerbert's

  12. Pennyaline

    Pennyaline Guest

    "NTANTIQUES" wrote:
    > Husband & I caught the commercial last night and decided those creatures
    we
    > observed dancing around the sponsor's product were singing rats. Big,
    honking,
    > ugly rats. Immediate, unanimous decision made never to even consider trying a Quiznos
    sub.

    The first thing I thought when I saw the ad was that it had all the production value of small budget
    local store ad made by a small budget local TV station. It looked and sounded like those old UHF stations--
    remember those? The first channels "above the dial"? Ha! Boy is my age showing.

    Thumb Theater animation and vocals that some adolescent boy somewhere thinks are very very funny...
    holy cow, it is so public access. Or worse, America's Funniest Home Videos.

    But anyway, that perception led to my extraordinary surprise when I learned that other people had
    seen it too. This annoying crud runs nationwide! Shoot me now! The product itself is bad enough.

    <No, I don't want balsamic roast beef and mesquite-cured ham with leek and gruyere... or was it mesquite-
    cured cheese... or was it just mesquite... with red wine vinegar-embalmed grape leaves and palm
    fronds... on toasted mint chocolate chip... anything! Don't come near me!

  13. Levelwave©

    Levelwave© Guest

    The Cook wrote:

    > The propose of ads is to entice people to buy your product. If it does not increase your sales, it
    > did not work.

    The purpose of the ad is also to promote product awareness... And it seems lately the product
    awareness strategy has been to completely annoy the audience until you give in and see what all the
    fuss is about... It worked with the EXTREMELY obnoxious Hardee's commercials featuring the "Thick
    Burger"... not to mention those Tylenol Tension Headache commercials are pretty annoying
    themselves...

    ~john

    --
    Say hello to the rug's topography...It holds quite a lot of interest with your face down on it...

  14. The Ranger

    The Ranger Guest

    Lynn Gifford <[email protected]> espoused in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "PaulaGarlic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>... (snip)
    > > I am glad I am not the only one who thought so! We haven't got a Quiznos around here, but that
    > > ad certainly wouldn't inspire me to visit one!
    > >
    > Quizno's is a little pricey for a sandwich shop, but the food is first rate.

    Quizno's sandwiches are most certainly NOT "first rate food!" I'd hate to see the competition around
    Fargo if that's the best y'all can do!

    The Ranger

  15. Kilikini

    Kilikini Guest

    (snip)

    > But anyway, that perception led to my extraordinary surprise when I
    learned
    > that other people had seen it too. This annoying crud runs nationwide!
    Shoot
    > me now! The product itself is bad enough.

    Hasn't made it to Hawaii yet. I don't know what you are all talking about.

    kili

  16. Lynn Gifford wrote:

    > "PaulaGarlic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>... (snip)
    > > I am glad I am not the only one who thought so! We haven't got a Quiznos around here, but that
    > > ad certainly wouldn't inspire me to visit one!
    > >
    > > Paula
    >
    > Quizno's is a little pricey for a sandwich shop, but the food is first rate. Lynn from Fargo
    > Preferring Erbert's & Gerbert's

    I've been once not long after they first opened in Pittsburgh. The main reason I haven't been back
    is because they don't have one in the east suburbs where I live. I would have to go downtown or to
    the north suburbs. Not worth it. I liked the flavors but I was disappointed that the bread wasn't a
    good crusty chewy Italian style bread. It's tasty but the texture is to soft and airy. No substance
    to it. But when toasted it still tastes pretty good. I would only get a toasted or baked sub for
    that reason and because I don't really like cold sandwiches. Anyway if they ever open one out my way
    I'll go. The toasted subs in their commercials always look so tempting. You're right about the
    prices though, really high. But once in a while I'd still go for one.

    Kate
    --
    Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that
    smiles back, Until you bite their heads off.” What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all

  17. D.Currie

    D.Currie Guest

    "kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > (snip)
    > >
    > > But anyway, that perception led to my extraordinary surprise when I
    > learned
    > > that other people had seen it too. This annoying crud runs nationwide!
    > Shoot
    > > me now! The product itself is bad enough.
    >
    > Hasn't made it to Hawaii yet. I don't know what you are all talking
    about.

    > kili

    Imagine a Quizno's storefront in the background. Then go to this website:

    http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

    and imagine that these things are in front of the quiznos singing about subs instead of the
    moon & cheese.

    Now, whatever you imagine, it probably better than the actual commercial.

  18. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

    On 2004-02-05, D.Currie <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Now, whatever you imagine, it probably better than the actual commercial.

    While the rest of the stuff is not exactly endearing, some of it does approach clever.

    http://www.rathergood.com/

    Other than having a bizarre fetish for kittens and rather grotesque periodontia, you gotta admit,
    this/these guy(s) are ...a ...um... prolific!

    nb

  19. Saerah

    Saerah Guest

    notbob wrote in message ...
    >On 2004-02-05, D.Currie <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> Now, whatever you imagine, it probably better than the actual commercial.
    >
    >While the rest of the stuff is not exactly endearing, some of it does approach clever.
    >
    >http://www.rathergood.com/
    >
    >Other than having a bizarre fetish for kittens and rather grotesque periodontia, you gotta admit,
    >this/these guy(s) are ...a ...um... prolific!

    my daughter was so happy when we saw that quizno's commercial. because sometimes i have brought up
    the page with the spongemonkeys, and she gets a big kick out of the song. however, she is also only
    2, so i maybe that is quizno's new target audience :>

    --
    Saerah

    TANSTAAFL

    Hangovers only last a day, but a good drinking story lives on forever....

  20. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

    On 2004-02-05, Saerah <[email protected]> wrote:

    > big kick out of the song. however, she is also only 2, so i maybe that is quizno's new target
    > audience :>

    Perhaps, so. The horrific mouth shots do look like they might be an unfortunate 2 yrs old who's
    suffered long term mouth damage from trying to eat oversized sandwiches containing blistering hot
    meat and cheese.

    nb