Quizz Time

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Gonzalez, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    Motorists, like smokers, quite literally have money to burn.

    What ingenious methods can you think of to extract money from motorists to subsidise the
    general taxpayer?

    Tags:

  2. Vernon Levy

    Vernon Levy Guest

    > What ingenious methods can you think of to extract money from motorists to subsidise the general
    > taxpayer?

    Offer narrow minded f~ck witted cyclists a bounty to throw themselves and their bikes under the
    wheels of motorised transport which would subsidise the NHS through the inflated, for this very
    purpose, medical charges payable by victims of RTA's and does us all a favour by temporarily or
    better still, permanently removing the sources of half baked notions from this news group.

    Vernon, seeking volunters for this noble venture to lower income tax, in Leeds

  3. Gonzalez wrote:

    > Motorists, like smokers, quite literally have money to burn.
    >
    > What ingenious methods can you think of to extract money from motorists to subsidise the general
    > taxpayer?

    Oooh... a tax on white baseball caps for all the Nova boys.

  4. On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:54:03 +0000, in
    <[email protected]>, Gonzalez
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Motorists, like smokers, quite literally have money to burn.
    >
    >What ingenious methods can you think of to extract money from motorists to subsidise the general
    >taxpayer?

    How about:

    £1.00 X Road_area_of_vehicle X Annual_mileage for journeys over 10 miles.

    £1.50 X Road_area_of_vehicle X Annual_mileage for journeys of 5-10 miles

    £2.00 X Road_area_of_vehicle X Annual_mileage for journeys upto 5 miles.

    Plus a bill for the total NHS expense caused by any incident which is the driver's fault.

    Add to that an annual pollution charge of 99% of the scrap value of the vehicle.

    Subtract £10 for every incidence of safe-overtaking of cyclists.

    Then add on £1.50 for each unnecessary use of the horn.

    --
    I remember when the internet was only in black & white. It only had a few pages but at least they
    all worked. Email: Put only the word "richard" before the @ sign.

  5. "Gonzalez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Motorists, like smokers, quite literally have money to burn.
    >
    > What ingenious methods can you think of to extract money from motorists to subsidise the general
    > taxpayer?

    How about a tax on making stupid suggestions on newsgroups?

  6. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Nathaniel Porter wrote:
    > "Gonzalez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Motorists, like smokers, quite literally have money to burn.
    >>
    >> What ingenious methods can you think of to extract money from motorists to subsidise the general
    >> taxpayer?
    >
    > How about a tax on making stupid suggestions on newsgroups?

    That'll be £10 please

    Tony

  7. "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Nathaniel Porter wrote:
    > > "Gonzalez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> Motorists, like smokers, quite literally have money to burn.
    > >>
    > >> What ingenious methods can you think of to extract money from motorists to subsidise the
    > >> general taxpayer?
    > >
    > > How about a tax on making stupid suggestions on newsgroups?
    >
    > That'll be £10 please

    What's stupid about that may I ask? I mean, P**l Sm*th will be financing the NHS all be himself!