Quotable Quotes

DOC69

Sep 4, 2004
Please put down your favorite quotes that exemplify why you're scared the other guy will win the election. Just quotes only, please. We have plenty of long-winded discussions going on in other boards. I'll start:

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."
-- George W. Bush to Mahmoud Abbas, then the Palestinian prime minister, June 2003

DOC69 said:
Please put down your favorite quotes that exemplify why you're scared the other guy will win the election. Just quotes only, please. We have plenty of long-winded discussions going on in other boards. I'll start
I'll start with one of my top ten, this one being number 10.

''For those of us who are fortunate to share an Irish ancestry, we take great pride in the contributions that Irish-Americans …" (John Kerry - Congressional Record, March 18, 1986).

"My answer is bring them on." —On Iraqi militants attacking U.S. forces, Washington, D.C., July 3, 2003

"Terrorist organizations with specific political agendas may be encouraged and emboldened by Yasser Arafat's transformation from outlaw to statesman." From the "The New Soldier," John Kerry

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program."
-St. Charles, Mo., Nov. 2, 2000

"I don't want the Democrats to nominate me because I'm a charter member of one of the most selective but fastest growing sports clubs in the world: the NASCAR fans of Massachusetts." - John Kerry,

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."
-George W. Bush, declining to take reporters' questions during a photo op with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, April 21, 2001

"As always, my wife Teresa, provides advice and support, along with the example she constantly sets in the policy work she undertakes at the Heinz Family Foundations." - John Kerry, A Call to Service

Okay, this has nothing to do with the election, but it's still a great quotable quote...

“[We're starting an initiative] to make on-base military life a more desirable experience, and attempt to diminish the seductive appeal of many of the less wholesome off-duty pursuits."

- Gen. Leon LaPorte, commander of the 37,000 U.S. troops in South Korea, commenting on the effort to make U.S. troops stop using the services of prostitutes.

By the way, efforts include offering expanded evening and weekend education programs, band concerts, late-night sports leagues and expanded chaplains’ activities. Oh, and if those don't work, making it a court-martial offense to have contact with a prostitute. Education programs? Expanded chaplains' activities??! :confused:

"One evening while he was campaigning for the Senate in North Carolina, Edwards was faced with a choice of several events he might attend. An advance man suggested, 'Maybe we ought to go to the reception for Leah Rabin.' Edwards responded, 'Who's she?' 'Yitzhak Rabin's widow,' replied the aide. 'Who was he?' asked Edwards" The one term senator....

"Yes, I am mindful that we're all sinners, and I caution those who may try to take the speck out of the neighbor's eye when they've got a log in their own." -On homosexuality, Washington DC, July 31, 2003

“I’m an internationalist. “I’d like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations.” - John Kerry February 18th, 1970

"Should we have to go in, our mission is very clear: disarmament. And in order to disarm, it would mean regime change.'' -On Iraq, Press Conference. March 6, 2003, Washington DC

"If you want to keep the peace, you've got to have the authorization to use force. ... This is a chance for Congress to indicate support. It's a chance for Congress to say, we support the administration's ability to keep the peace. That's what this is all about.'' -On the vote currently described in campaign rhetoric as "the vote to go to war." Sept. 19, 2002

"I saw a poll that said the right track/wrong track in Iraq was better than here in America. It's pretty darn strong. I mean, the people see a better future." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 23, 2004

"Those who would give up essential liberties for a measure of security, deserve neither liberty nor security."

-- Benjamin Franklin

Our All is at Stake, & the little Conveniencys & Comforts of Life, when set in Competition with our Liberty, ought to be rejected not with Reluctance but with Pleasure.

George Mason
April 5, 1769

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly as necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else. "

- Theodore Roosevelt, on criticizing President Wilson during WWI - May 7th, 1918 - Kansas City Star

"To the 'C' students, I say, 'You too can be president of the United States,"' George W. Bush recieving an honourary degree from Yale University in 2001

There is also a ton of great Bush quotes at www.bushisms.com
including:

"We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans."—Scranton, Pa., Sept. 6, 2000

"...more and more of our imports are coming from overseas."
* -- On NPR's Morning Edition* (9/26)

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
—Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29,

"We cannot let terriers* and rogue nations hold this nation hostile
(hostage) or hold our allies hostile.''*
—Des Moines, Iowa, Aug. 21, 2000

mint.

pomod said:
"To the 'C' students, I say, 'You too can be president of the United States,"' George W. Bush recieving an honourary degree from Yale University in 2001

There is also a ton of great Bush quotes at www.bushisms.com
including:

"We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans."—Scranton, Pa., Sept. 6, 2000

"...more and more of our imports are coming from overseas."
* -- On NPR's Morning Edition* (9/26)

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
—Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29,

"We cannot let terriers* and rogue nations hold this nation hostile
(hostage) or hold our allies hostile.''*
—Des Moines, Iowa, Aug. 21, 2000
mint.

I think there has been an exaggeration of the terrorist threat.
John F. Kerry

I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force if necessary to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.
John F. Kerry

I'm an internationalist. I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations.
John F. Kerry

I'm Going To Make Available To Every American The Same Health Care Plan That Senators And Congressmen Give Themselves.
John F. Kerry

President Clinton was often known as the first black president. I wouldn't be upset if I could earn the right to be the second,
John F. Kerry

The June 30 deadline is a fiction. You don't set an arbitrary date for the transfer of power to a nonentity.
John F. Kerry

We do not need to divide America over who served and how. I have personally always believed that many served in many different ways. Someone who was deeply against the war in 1969 or 1970 may well have served their country with equal passion and patriotism by opposing the war as by fighting in it.
John F. Kerry

What I've always said is - and I defended Bill Clinton's position, and I would defend the president's choice with respect to going into the Guard. I've never made any judgments about any choice somebody made about avoiding the draft, about going to Canada, going to jail, being a conscientious objector, going into the National Guard.
John F. Kerry
:confused: :confused: :confused: