quotables

Barry Gaudet

Guest
'Smells like teen spirit'

- the late Kurt Cobain

'You smell that? Do you smell that?' 'I love the smell of napalm in the morning.' 'The
smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like - victory.'

-Robert Duvall; Apocalypse Now

Wednesday and Thursday: each day dawned below freezing but were beautifully balmy. As the sun rose
to it's zenith - or as close as it gets in these lattitudes. The sheets of ice on the ground at
work warm, melt and turn liquid, creating rivulets across the truck pads.

True, melting snow leaves a salt/sand residue of crud over everything - but I smell it - It smells
like spring.

Granted we're sure to get at least three good wallops of snow - and I never have trusted that mangy
little groundhog. But I'm ready for some warm weather biking NOW.

I'm thinking it's a severe case of cabin fever.

--
'Any variable chosen as a monetary policy target immediately starts to behave differently.'

- Goodhart's Law

>Granted we're sure to get at least three good wallops of snow - and I never have trusted that mangy
>little groundhog. But I'm ready for some warm weather biking NOW.

I figured it was bad when it was 16 degrees F, then the snow REALLY hit. What a picnic, I mean
highly unusual weather here.

On the bright side, I was able to refine my riding skills. Like this is going to come in handy
unless I move to Siberia, OK, that could happen.

How often do you get to practice riding under these conditions, this is a real opportunity that we
lucky individuals shouldn't miss out on. If the summer ever shows up, we can vanquish the weak with
tales of road salt, grit and ice.

The only immediate threat here is the extensive flooding, which is predicted to begin momentarily.

the Texas Elvis"------------------

Eric S. Sande <[email protected]> wrote:
:>Granted we're sure to get at least three good wallops of snow - and I never have trusted that
:>mangy little groundhog. But I'm ready for some warm weather biking NOW.

: I figured it was bad when it was 16 degrees F, then the snow REALLY hit. What a picnic, I mean
: highly unusual weather here.

: On the bright side, I was able to refine my riding skills. Like this is going to come in handy
: unless I move to Siberia, OK, that could happen.

: How often do you get to practice riding under these conditions,

Every other day on average but those are short utility rides about town and commuting. What I'm
really getting antsy for is a nice long warm weather ride where I don't have to bundle up like
Nanook of the North.

I enjoy winter and even winter riding but as with every season by the end I'm looking forward
to the next.

[And of course last night we got walloped with snow]