Quote of the night

Richard Bates

Guest
On 09 Dec 2004 20:19:51 GMT, [email protected]omcom
(dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

>& acres of reflectives. As I cycled through Dereham town centre, a local yoof
>spotted me and I got a good-natured "F!!!ing h*ll! You're not going to get run
>over dressed like that!" I laughed & said that that was the general idea ;-)

I thought the definition of "Yoof" was somebody of subamoeboid
intelligence who drove a **** car in a deliberate attempt to run over
cyclists. Are you sure he was a real Yoof?

--
Amazon: "If you are interested in 'Asimov's I-Robot',
you may also be interested in 'Garfield - The Movie'.

It's been a while since I've done some night cycling as opposed to dusk
cycling. I went to a meeting in Dereham tonight, so I thought I'd cycle there.
I was in my standard "The Mothership has Landed" get-up of multitudinous lights
& acres of reflectives. As I cycled through Dereham town centre, a local yoof
spotted me and I got a good-natured "F!!!ing h*ll! You're not going to get run
over dressed like that!" I laughed & said that that was the general idea ;-)
Yoof went on his way smiling.

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

>I thought the definition of "Yoof" was somebody of subamoeboid
>intelligence who drove a **** car in a deliberate attempt to run over
>cyclists. Are you sure he was a real Yoof?

He was of yoof age, wearing the type of chav clothes worn by yoof, but he was
not in car at the time, but with a bunch of yoof on street corner, all in
similar clothes. I think he was a semi-tame yoof, as he was good-natured.

Cheers, helen s ;-)

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

> He was of yoof age, wearing the type of chav clothes worn by yoof, but he was
> not in car at the time, but with a bunch of yoof on street corner, all in
> similar clothes. I think he was a semi-tame yoof, as he was good-natured.

I was in full Close Encounters mothership mode once when I stopped at a
set of lights and a set of drunk students staggered past. One of them
looked at me, nudged his mates, pointed, and started to laugh and jeer
at the same time. Unfortunately this was beyond the capacities of his
windpipe and he started to choke noisily. The lights turned green,
sadly, before I could witness either his passing or the rearrival of his
dinner. :)

R.