R 'Glacier Gloves' D Bes' Cold Rain Gloves for Brooklyn?!

On Apr 2, 11:16 am, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 2, 3:34 pm, Jay <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Just wondering...

> >http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg

> > J.

> As long as they are cheap. $10 gets no-name neoprene fishing gloves:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2fkpt4
>
> And not just online.
>
> I like neoprene for freezing wet conditions. Warmer than 3-5C or so
> and normal Windtex type cycling gloves seem to work fine for me.
>
> Joseph

Yeah, but I need XXL. Not easy to find in the bargain bin.

J.

Jay wrote:
> On Apr 2, 11:16 am, "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Apr 2, 3:34 pm, Jay <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering...
>>> http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg
>>> J.

>> As long as they are cheap. $10 gets no-name neoprene fishing gloves:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2fkpt4
>>
>> And not just online.
>>
>> I like neoprene for freezing wet conditions. Warmer than 3-5C or so
>> and normal Windtex type cycling gloves seem to work fine for me.
>>
>> Joseph
>>

> Yeah, but I need XXL. Not easy to find in the bargain bin.
>
> J.

In the bargain or left over bin there are always XXL and XXS. The
average sizes, which I need, never. Maybe XXL is the average size on
your side of the pond.

Lou

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 06:34:59 -0700 (PDT), Jay <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just wondering...
>
>http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg
>
>J.

I use those for cold weather windsurfing. They are 2 or 3mm neoprene with
pre-bent fingers. I would look for something a little more breathable and
durable for the bike. I don't ride in the rain but I find my Gortex cross
country ski gloves are nice, and the Gortex should work in the rain too.

Ben

In article
<73807d7a-abda-4239-8a6c-8d916a0bcdfa@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

> On Apr 2, 3:34 pm, Jay <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Just wondering...
> >
> > http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg
> >
> > J.

> As long as they are cheap. $10 gets no-name neoprene fishing gloves:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2fkpt4
>
> And not just online.
>
> I like neoprene for freezing wet conditions. Warmer than 3-5C or so
> and normal Windtex type cycling gloves seem to work fine for me.
>
> Joseph

I second Joseph's position. I use MEC's "cycling/paddling" gloves, but
the formula is the same: several mm of neoprene all around, some form of
grippy palm.

They're my favorite wet-and-miserable gloves, and they make winter
riding in Vancouver a cheerful affair.

The downsides are that they barely breathe and they stink, but they are
washable and my hands don't get cold.

Did I mention they're cheap?

Jay Bollyn wrote:
> On Apr 2, 11:16 am, "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Apr 2, 3:34 pm, Jay <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering...
>>> http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg
>>> J.

>> As long as they are cheap. $10 gets no-name neoprene fishing gloves:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2fkpt4
>>
>> And not just online.
>>
>> I like neoprene for freezing wet conditions. Warmer than 3-5C or so
>> and normal Windtex type cycling gloves seem to work fine for me.
>>
>> Joseph
>>

> Yeah, but I need XXL. Not easy to find in the bargain bin.

When I go to most stores, the racks are full of L and XL gloves, but
precious few in M size. :(