R.I.P. Grandpa

Slack™ wrote:
> JD wrote:
>
>> http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
>>
>> One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
>>
>> JD
>>

> Dang, that guy was old back then... And he was one funny dude. I used
> to know/went to HS with his grandson.

I was married by his daughter-in-law Pepper.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

G.T. wrote:
> Slack™ wrote:
> > JD wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
> >>
> >> One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
> >>
> >> JD
> >>

> > Dang, that guy was old back then... And he was one funny dude. I used
> > to know/went to HS with his grandson.
> >

> I was married by his daughter-in-law Pepper.

That's rad. Last night the kiddo and I had a Munsters-Fest. Grampa
issued a majorly PI statement in reference to Herman's taking a
correspondence detective course based in Tijunana: "Oh boy...my
son-in-law, the wetback detective." He was a major crack-up.

JD

[email protected] wrote:
> JD wrote:
>> http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
>>
>> One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
>>
>> JD

> I remember him when he was in the original TV series from the early
> sixties called 'Mc Hale's Navy' . He was still a hoot then .

Actually, he was in "Car 54" in the 50s, I believe. Don't recall him in
McHale's Navy, at least not as a "regular" like Tim Conway, Ernest Borgnine,
and (too lazy to look it up) the guy who played Capt. Binghamton.

Bill "Grandpa was how *I'll* remember him" S.

Sorni wrote:
> the guy who played Capt. Binghamton.

Joe Flynn

JD google-free

JD wrote:
> Sorni wrote:

>> the guy who played Capt. Binghamton.

> Joe Flynn

Yup, I should have remembered that. He was great.

> JD google-free

Bill "bad w/names" S.

JD wrote:
> http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
>
> One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
>
> JD

I think of him as a kind of Jewish, Eastern Euro, first generation
Brooklyn personality archetype. Original, energetic, eccentric,
outgoing, intelligent, curious, visionary, opinionated, funny,
motivated, righteous, not just a little wacky, totally loveable. He
would have been a perfect fit at one of my family's Seders, even while
ranting to the orthodox members that religious belief is outdated
claptrap.
I'm telling you. Go to areas of southern Brooklyn and Grandpa Al is
everywhere.

BTW: have you read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Lewis? Lawyer,
teacher, basketball scout, Merchant Marine, politician, vaudevillian,
shrink, union leader, actor.... This guy apparently kicked more ass
than Chuck Norris.

/s

Scott Gordo wrote:
> JD wrote:
>> http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
>>
>> One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
>>
>> JD

> I think of him as a kind of Jewish, Eastern Euro, first generation
> Brooklyn personality archetype. Original, energetic, eccentric,
> outgoing, intelligent, curious, visionary, opinionated, funny,
> motivated, righteous, not just a little wacky, totally loveable. He
> would have been a perfect fit at one of my family's Seders, even while
> ranting to the orthodox members that religious belief is outdated
> claptrap.
> I'm telling you. Go to areas of southern Brooklyn and Grandpa Al is
> everywhere.

Sounds like my Uncle Sheldon.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Scott Gordo wrote:

> BTW: have you read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Lewis? Lawyer,
> teacher, basketball scout, Merchant Marine, politician, vaudevillian,
> shrink, union leader, actor.... This guy apparently kicked more ass
> than Chuck Norris.

Jack Bauer may knock on your door soon to discuss that remark.

Bill "R.I.P., Blubberpuss?" S.

> Slack™ wrote:
>> JD wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
>>>
>>> One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
>>>
>>> JD
>>>

>> Dang, that guy was old back then... And he was one funny dude. I used to
>> know/went to HS with his grandson.
>>

> I was married by his daughter-in-law Pepper.
>
> Greg

That worked out well didn't? Was your divorce lawter related to Raymond
Burr?

"Frugal Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > SlackT wrote:

> >> Dang, that guy was old back then... And he was one funny dude. I used

> >> know/went to HS with his grandson.
> >>

> > I was married by his daughter-in-law Pepper.
> >
> > Greg

> That worked out well didn't? Was your divorce lawter related to Raymond
> Burr?

Actually Sam Waterston's son-in-law Al handled our divorce.

Greg

> "Frugal Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > I was married by his daughter-in-law Pepper.
>> >
>> > Greg

>> That worked out well didn't? Was your divorce lawter related to Raymond
>> Burr?
>>

> Actually Sam Waterston's son-in-law Al handled our divorce.
>
> Greg

Good to have connections for #'s 2, 3, 4....

[email protected] wrote:
> He was one of Mc Hale's crew . I also remember him in 'Car 54'
>

> MTB Man

Nope. Not Mc Hales navy but it's clone Sgt. Bilko.

Also in Gomer Pyle, Here's Lucy, and Green Acres among others.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Arrgh !!!
I remember 'Sgt Bilko' from the fifties . Al Lewis sure did
get around . I think I was about 5 or 6 years old when my parents would
watch 'Bilko' every week .

MTB Man.