R.I.P. Grandpa

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by JD, Feb 4, 2006.

  1. JD

    JD Guest

    Tags:

  2. Marty

    Marty Guest

  3. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

  4. Slack™

    Slack™ Guest

    JD wrote:
    > http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
    >
    > One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
    >
    > JD

    Dang, that guy was old back then... And he was one funny dude. I used
    to know/went to HS with his grandson.
    _____
    Slack

  5. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Slack™ wrote:
    > JD wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
    >>
    >> One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
    >>
    >> JD
    >>

    > Dang, that guy was old back then... And he was one funny dude. I used
    > to know/went to HS with his grandson.

    I was married by his daughter-in-law Pepper.

    Greg
    --
    "All my time I spent in heaven
    Revelries of dance and wine

  6. JD

    JD Guest

    G.T. wrote:
    > Slack™ wrote:
    > > JD wrote:
    > >
    > >> http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
    > >>
    > >> One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
    > >>
    > >> JD
    > >>

    > > Dang, that guy was old back then... And he was one funny dude. I used
    > > to know/went to HS with his grandson.
    > >

    > I was married by his daughter-in-law Pepper.

    That's rad. Last night the kiddo and I had a Munsters-Fest. Grampa
    issued a majorly PI statement in reference to Herman's taking a
    correspondence detective course based in Tijunana: "Oh boy...my
    son-in-law, the wetback detective." He was a major crack-up.

    JD

  7. At 95 bless his soul.

  8. JD wrote:
    > http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
    >
    > One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
    >
    > JD

    I remember him when he was in the original TV series from the early
    sixties called 'Mc Hale's Navy' . He was still a hoot then .

    MTB Man

  9. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > JD wrote:
    >> http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
    >>
    >> One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
    >>
    >> JD

    > I remember him when he was in the original TV series from the early
    > sixties called 'Mc Hale's Navy' . He was still a hoot then .

    Actually, he was in "Car 54" in the 50s, I believe. Don't recall him in
    McHale's Navy, at least not as a "regular" like Tim Conway, Ernest Borgnine,
    and (too lazy to look it up) the guy who played Capt. Binghamton.

    Bill "Grandpa was how *I'll* remember him" S.

  10. JD

    JD Guest

    Sorni wrote:
    > the guy who played Capt. Binghamton.

    Joe Flynn

    JD google-free

  11. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    JD wrote:
    > Sorni wrote:

    >> the guy who played Capt. Binghamton.

    > Joe Flynn

    Yup, I should have remembered that. He was great.

    > JD google-free

    Bill "bad w/names" S.

  12. Scott Gordo

    Scott Gordo Guest

    JD wrote:
    > http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
    >
    > One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
    >
    > JD

    I think of him as a kind of Jewish, Eastern Euro, first generation
    Brooklyn personality archetype. Original, energetic, eccentric,
    outgoing, intelligent, curious, visionary, opinionated, funny,
    motivated, righteous, not just a little wacky, totally loveable. He
    would have been a perfect fit at one of my family's Seders, even while
    ranting to the orthodox members that religious belief is outdated
    claptrap.
    I'm telling you. Go to areas of southern Brooklyn and Grandpa Al is
    everywhere.

    BTW: have you read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Lewis? Lawyer,
    teacher, basketball scout, Merchant Marine, politician, vaudevillian,
    shrink, union leader, actor.... This guy apparently kicked more ass
    than Chuck Norris.

    /s

  13. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Scott Gordo wrote:
    > JD wrote:
    >> http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
    >>
    >> One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
    >>
    >> JD

    > I think of him as a kind of Jewish, Eastern Euro, first generation
    > Brooklyn personality archetype. Original, energetic, eccentric,
    > outgoing, intelligent, curious, visionary, opinionated, funny,
    > motivated, righteous, not just a little wacky, totally loveable. He
    > would have been a perfect fit at one of my family's Seders, even while
    > ranting to the orthodox members that religious belief is outdated
    > claptrap.
    > I'm telling you. Go to areas of southern Brooklyn and Grandpa Al is
    > everywhere.

    Sounds like my Uncle Sheldon.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  14. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Scott Gordo wrote:

    > BTW: have you read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Lewis? Lawyer,
    > teacher, basketball scout, Merchant Marine, politician, vaudevillian,
    > shrink, union leader, actor.... This guy apparently kicked more ass
    > than Chuck Norris.

    Jack Bauer may knock on your door soon to discuss that remark.

    Bill "R.I.P., Blubberpuss?" S.

  15. Frugal Joe

    Frugal Joe Guest

    > Slack™ wrote:
    >> JD wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.mannoandcondon.com/grandpa.gif
    >>>
    >>> One very funny dude. R.I.P. Al.
    >>>
    >>> JD
    >>>

    >> Dang, that guy was old back then... And he was one funny dude. I used to
    >> know/went to HS with his grandson.
    >>

    > I was married by his daughter-in-law Pepper.
    >
    > Greg

    That worked out well didn't? Was your divorce lawter related to Raymond
    Burr?

  16. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    "Frugal Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > SlackT wrote:

    > >> Dang, that guy was old back then... And he was one funny dude. I used

    > >> know/went to HS with his grandson.
    > >>

    > > I was married by his daughter-in-law Pepper.
    > >
    > > Greg

    > That worked out well didn't? Was your divorce lawter related to Raymond
    > Burr?

    Actually Sam Waterston's son-in-law Al handled our divorce.

    Greg

  17. Frugal Joe

    Frugal Joe Guest

    > "Frugal Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >> > I was married by his daughter-in-law Pepper.
    >> >
    >> > Greg

    >> That worked out well didn't? Was your divorce lawter related to Raymond
    >> Burr?
    >>

    > Actually Sam Waterston's son-in-law Al handled our divorce.
    >
    > Greg

    Good to have connections for #'s 2, 3, 4....

  18. He was one of Mc Hale's crew . I also remember him in 'Car 54'

    MTB Man

  19. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > He was one of Mc Hale's crew . I also remember him in 'Car 54'
    >

    > MTB Man

    Nope. Not Mc Hales navy but it's clone Sgt. Bilko.

    Also in Gomer Pyle, Here's Lucy, and Green Acres among others.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  20. Arrgh !!!
    I remember 'Sgt Bilko' from the fifties . Al Lewis sure did
    get around . I think I was about 5 or 6 years old when my parents would
    watch 'Bilko' every week .

    MTB Man.