R.I.P

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Mar 1, 2003.

  1. Kingcycle stopped building production bikes, but continued to make one-off racers. But the story is
    that They Shall, like General Macarthur, Return - Rob English tells us that "Kingcycle have taken me
    on to develop a new production bike"

    Add Speed Ross, Orbit Crystal, Cresswell Rapide, Aerocycle, Pashley PDQ3...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  2. There used to be a Japanese company called Sunaga that made recumbents. The main model was a fairly
    standard USS LWB bike called the NASCA Street Recumbent. Here's a photo:

    http://www.ikd21.co.jp/bike/rcbt.html

    It's the second photo. (The top photo is a MASA Slingshot.) Apparently they also made a LWB lowracer
    - there's a tiny photo at the bottom of the page:

    http://www.rintendo.com/Products/Recumbent/check.htm

  3. [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Feel free to add to this list of Dead Bents. I know there is more for the list.
    > 1. hypercycle?
    > 2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
    > 4. Re-Bike
    > 5. Bike E 6 Trek
    > 7. Cannondale

    RANS Gliss RANS Nimbus Vision Metro I Vision Metro II R32

  4. The Danish Semi-Homebuild Evita isn't any more.. Both the first 20/20 and the later big/small (700c
    559 / 451 406) is discontinued. Maybe we will blow some life into it again in a local HPV group near
    Copenhagen.

    I thought Mikael would have mentioned that, but apparently he sold his (guessing) - did you get the
    price you asked?

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Feel free to add to this list of Dead Bents. I know there is more for the
    list.
    > 1. hypercycle?
    > 2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
    > 4. Re-Bike
    > 5. Bike E 6 Trek
    > 7. Cannondale

  5. "Torben Scheel" skrev...
    > The Danish Semi-Homebuild Evita isn't any more.. Both the first 20/20 and the later big/small
    > (700c 559 / 451 406) is discontinued. Maybe we will blow some life into it again in a local HPV
    > group near Copenhagen.
    >
    > I thought Mikael would have mentioned that, but apparently he sold his (guessing) - did you get
    > the price you asked?

    Yep, it went to someone in Stenlille I think that wanted to commute on it to work Went for 4800
    since I didn't have time to adjust the gears and the pesky threadless left bb shell worked its way
    out as I rode it up to him.

    I hope he's happy with it. No complaints to me so far at any rate.

    I just got my front hub so I'm off to the bikeshop to get wheels built.

    Regards Mikael

  6. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    skip wrote:

    > Here's a few more: Dead Bent Companies - Not Dead Bents - The Bents Live On
    >
    > Counterpoint Presto Reveille Lemele Lightning Earthbikes Sunset (whatever TS has) Backsafer
    > Kingcycle DH 500

    The correct names are Earth Cycles Dragonflyer [TM] [1] and Sunset Lowracer [TM]. [2]

    The Counterpoint Presto lives on as the Pashley PDQ, the Counterpoint Triad was resurrected for a
    time as the Pashley PDQ3, and the Counterpoint Opus IV lives on as the Bilenky Viewpoint.

    [1] What it says on the cruciform tube on mine.
    [2] Do trademarks from defunct companies go back into the public domain?

  7. Skip

    Skip Guest

    <snip>
    > Counterpoint Opus IV lives on as the Bilenky Viewpoint.

    Interesting bike. Saw one on a ride where a guy had his son with MS in the front seat. The son
    seemed to be enjoying the experience.

    There's one on eBay right now with a bid of $1,116.00 with five hours to go.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2716540941&category=7298

    If you are interested you may have to unwordwrap the url to go there.

    skip

  8. Skip

    Skip Guest

    "skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Interesting bike. Saw one on a ride where a guy had his son with MS in
    the
    > front seat. The son seemed to be enjoying the experience.

    I better rephrase this before Harv gets me again.

    The son seemed to be enjoying the ride experience.

    skip

  9. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    skip wrote:

    > "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > <snip>
    > > Counterpoint Opus IV lives on as the Bilenky Viewpoint.
    >
    > Interesting bike. Saw one on a ride where a guy had his son with MS in the front seat. The son
    > seemed to be enjoying the experience....

    The Viewpoint is also available with foot rests and hand cranks for paraplegic stokers.

    < http://www.bilenky.com/viewpnt.html >