R.I.P

Bill B

Guest
Feel free to add to this list of Dead Bents. I know there is more for the list.
1. hypercycle?
2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
3. Re-Bike
4. Bike E 6 Trek
5. Cannondale

> 8. Thebis
"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Feel free to add to this list of Dead Bents. I know there is more for the
list.
> 1. hypercycle?
> 2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
> 4. Re-Bike
> 5. Bike E 6 Trek
> 7. Cannondale

Nils Palm Gecko and Wind Ryan recumbents Linear Infinity?

Joshua Goldberg wrote:
>>8. Thebis
>
> "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Feel free to add to this list of Dead Bents. I know there is more for the
>
> list.
>
>>1. hypercycle?
>>2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
>>4. Re-Bike
>>5. Bike E 6 Trek
>>7. Cannondale

In article <[email protected]>,
bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote:

Name change? Aerocycle to Bachetta?

> Nils Palm Gecko and Wind Ryan recumbents Linear Infinity?
>
> Joshua Goldberg wrote:
> >>8. Thebis
> >
> > "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Feel free to add to this list of Dead Bents. I know there is more for the
> >
> > list.
> >
> >>1. hypercycle?
> >>2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
> >>4. Re-Bike
> >>5. Bike E 6 Trek
> >>7. Cannondale

Here's a few more: Dead Bent Companies - Not Dead Bents - The Bents Live On

Counterpoint Presto Reveille Lemele Lightning Earthbikes Sunset (whatever TS has) Backsafer
Kingcycle DH 500

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Feel free to add to this list of Dead Bents. I know there is more for the
list.
> 1. hypercycle?
> 2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
> 4. Re-Bike
> 5. Bike E 6 Trek
> 7. Cannondale

Lemle Lightning isn'te dead, he just builds on custom order now.

skip wrote:
> Here's a few more: Dead Bent Companies - Not Dead Bents - The Bents Live On
>
> Counterpoint Presto Reveille Lemele Lightning Earthbikes Sunset (whatever TS has) Backsafer
> Kingcycle DH 500
>
> "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Feel free to add to this list of Dead Bents. I know there is more for the
>
> list.
>
>>1. hypercycle?
>>2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
>>4. Re-Bike
>>5. Bike E 6 Trek
>>7. Cannondale

Well, I think Velocars are out of production. Since R.I.P. is the theme of this thread, Dan
Duchaine's Pharobike Fat should be right on target. There are also a bunch of discontinued trikes;
MASA slingshot, the Russian A.S. 32 Zenit, Baccura delta trikes, the list could go on and on. . . .

Cheers, Derek

"bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Lemle Lightning isn'te dead, he just builds on custom order now.

Glad to hear that. Some time ago I was on a ride and a fellow from Ohio had one that he let me ride.
I liked it. It road good like a lwb should.

Did I say Pharobike Fat? I meant the Lowfat, of course. Hey, I just remembered the Roadrunner bent,
an aluminum frame bent rocket had a brief following in this NG, but now appears to be out of
production. My guess is that there are more defunct bent companies than those still left in
business. It's not the bike design at fault, tho'.

Derek

[email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Feel free to add to this list of Dead Bents. I know there is more for the list.
> 1. hypercycle?
> 2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
> 4. Re-Bike
> 5. Bike E 6 Trek
> 7. Cannondale

Brike, and the only Schwinn tadpole never made it beyond "concept" before the company failed. Many
others (Varna, Kingcycle, etc.) but the first ones made it into my garage.

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

great Scott 28 dead companies. Any More
1. hypercycle?
2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
3. Re-Bike
4. Bike E 6 Trek
5. Cannondale 8maxxam 9roulandt 10 via 11just2bikes 12Lowfat 13Roadrunner 14MASA slingshot, 15the
Russian A.S. 32 Zenit ,16 Baccura delta trikes 17Counterpoint Presto 18Reveille 19 Earthbikes
20Sunset (whatever TS has) 21 Backsafer 22Kingcycle 23DH 500 24Nils Palm Gecko and Wind 25 Ryan
recumbents 26Linear 27Infinity? 28Thebis

[email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Feel free to add to this list of Dead Bents. I know there is more for the list.
> 1. hypercycle?
> 2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
> 4. Re-Bike
> 5. Bike E 6 Trek
> 7. Cannondale

You can take the Cannondale off your list of "dead bents". They're still making them and until the
company actually goes out of business (if it ever does), it is not advisable to spread
disinformation.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/03/cusa/model-3BMER.html

Edward Wong Orlando, FL

Take Linear off the list. It was bought by Peter The Bicycleman and is being built again!!

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> great Scott 28 dead companies. Any More
> 1. hypercycle?
> 2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
> 4. Re-Bike
> 5. Bike E 6 Trek
> 7. Cannondale 8maxxam 9roulandt 10 via 11just2bikes 12Lowfat 13Roadrunner 14MASA slingshot, 15the
> Russian A.S. 32 Zenit ,16 Baccura delta trikes 17Counterpoint Presto 18Reveille 19 Earthbikes
> 20Sunset (whatever TS has) 21 Backsafer 22Kingcycle 23DH 500 24Nils Palm Gecko and Wind 25
> Ryan recumbents 26Linear 27Infinity? 28Thebis

Good Grief I guess you can't include Avatar as I think it has returned from the grave. I also used
to have a Nordic Recumbent Trike...I think it was made in or Distributed from Utah and (it bought
the farm).
"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> great Scott 28 dead companies. Any More
> 1. hypercycle?
> 2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
> 4. Re-Bike
> 5. Bike E 6 Trek
> 7. Cannondale 8maxxam 9roulandt 10 via 11just2bikes 12Lowfat 13Roadrunner 14MASA slingshot, 15the
> Russian A.S. 32 Zenit ,16 Baccura delta trikes 17Counterpoint Presto 18Reveille 19 Earthbikes
> 20Sunset (whatever TS has) 21 Backsafer 22Kingcycle 23DH 500 24Nils Palm Gecko and Wind 25
> Ryan recumbents 26Linear 27Infinity? 28Thebis

[email protected] (Edward Wong) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Feel free to add to this list of Dead Bents. I know there is more for the list.
> > 1. hypercycle?
> > 2.Red Bent 3Black Bent
> > 4. Re-Bike
> > 5. Bike E 6 Trek
> > 7. Cannondale
>
> You can take the Cannondale off your list of "dead bents". They're still making them and until the
> company actually goes out of business (if it ever does), it is not advisable to spread
> disinformation.
>
> http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/03/cusa/model-3BMER.html
>
> Edward Wong Orlando, FL

Whoops, Sorry bout that Edward. Spoke too soon. In a coma with one wheel in the grave is pretty
close though

> Good Grief I guess you can't include Avatar as I think it has returned from the
grave.
> I also used to have a Nordic Recumbent Trike...I think it was made in or Distributed from Utah and
> (it bought the farm).

What do you mean by Avatar returning from the grave? Are you talking about the Avatar/Ryan/Longbikes
evolution?

And the Nordic Recumbent Trike. Wasn't that a complete Lemon? Where did you happen find the one?

Skip

Nordic = Lemon = well I liked it, but so few people did, NordicTrack (sp?) killed it. Got it from a
bike shop near Detroit Mich., they had one left (in 2 boxes). I only had it a short time. It was
(accidently) backed over (twice) by a Waste Disposal Truck lifting up a gabage dumpster. They
admitted fault and gave me the full replacement cost...and I used it to build a TE-Clone from plans
I mailed away for.

As for the Avatar, I got one after the Masa Slingshot. I sold it to a chap in California in great
shape cept for all the dings and scratches to the frame...caused by my NOT getting the hang of USS
on a 2 wheeler. The Avatar and self spent most of the time riding into Shrubbery, small trees,
parked cars, women with Prams etc. Kinda wished I'd kept the Avatar...but I was a total menace to
all living creatures learning to ride it. I kept in contact with the buyer for several years and
when ReBike came out I was soo excited I kinda convinced him to sell the Avatar and buy one....last
letter went something like...you ******* and he stopped writing.

I guess I need to stop telling people to dump their bent classics and (then) buy winners
like a ReBike.

I had this great idea for a money making service to all people thinking about buying a bent. They
would mail me $100.00 and I would send them a list of ALL my favorite bents. Then they could feel
safe buying a bent (NOT) on my list.

Had a similar idea for a sure fire way to Win playing Lotteries. I would give out a list of ALL the
Numbers I was sure will win. This way they can IMPROVE their odds of winning by making sure Their
numbers are NOT the same as my numbers...re: mine never ever win.

I suppose you could declare that Calfee bent a winner because I hated it.

Can just imagine bent makers praying I don't start writing here that IMHO (their) bent has been
added to my Favorite Bents List....be afraid, be verrrry afraid.
--------------------
"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Good Grief I guess you can't include Avatar as I think it has returned from the
> grave.
> > I also used to have a Nordic Recumbent Trike...I think it was made in or Distributed from Utah
> > and (it bought the farm).
>
> What do you mean by Avatar returning from the grave? Are you talking
about
> the Avatar/Ryan/Longbikes evolution?
>
> And the Nordic Recumbent Trike. Wasn't that a complete Lemon? Where did you happen find the one?
>
> Skip

news:%[email protected]... <snip>
> Nordic = Lemon = well I liked it, but so few people did, NordicTrack (sp?) killed it. Got it from
> a bike shop near Detroit Mich., they had one left (in 2
boxes).
> I only had it a short time. It was (accidently) backed over (twice) by a Waste Disposal Truck
> lifting up a gabage dumpster. They admitted fault and gave me the full replacement cost...and I
> used it to build a TE-Clone from plans I mailed away for.

The Nordic Track (sp?) was in the right place at the right time. How lucky can you get?

> As for the Avatar, I got one after the Masa Slingshot. I sold it to a chap in California in great
> shape cept for all the dings and scratches to the frame...caused by my NOT getting the hang of USS
> on a 2 wheeler. The
> and self spent most of the time riding into Shrubbery, small trees, parked cars, women with Prams
> etc. Kinda wished I'd kept the Avatar...but I was a total menace to all living creatures learning
> to ride it.

I can see now why you prefer trikes.

>I kept in contact with the buyer for several years and when ReBike came out I was soo
excited
> I kinda convinced him to sell the Avatar and buy one.....

Joshua, I don't think I would have told that.

> I had this great idea for a money making service to all people thinking about buying a bent. They
> would mail me $100.00 and I would send them a
list
> of ALL my favorite bents. Then they could feel safe buying a bent (NOT) on my list.

I'm begining to think this proposal might have a decent chance of of making
it.

news:[email protected]...