R/R-I love Mondays

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dave W, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    Some don't. But I do. No one on the trails, and like Mark
    pointed out in his excellent repot earlier, Solo is where
    it's at sometimes.

    the owners had the shingle out;

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125716257Oilc-
    LT

    Good to see I didn't make the trip for nothing.

    The hounds are always glad to see riders;

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125702630eJhV-
    oR

    The owners are also into things with a little more power
    than my legs can generate, and they sometimes invite their
    friends to their little party, leaving the dry hard pack
    more than a little loose;

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125624412qhIf-
    Gi

    as well as a few other souvenirs;

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125714538jugU-
    lH

    The dirt was like poweder in some spots. Good thing there
    were more than enough rocks for the Motoraptors to bite on;

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125704794qRtG-
    ke

    Ahh, singletrack, (and something left by some dweeb for me
    to pack out for em');

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125626870TRvD-
    XX

    A shot I that I think is powerful. Deforestation, and GA
    Power giving me the finger;

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125626870TRvD-
    XX

    Choose (the line) carefully grasshopper;

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125625965nGTV-
    vD

    yep, just another Monday in the life...

    Dave (enjoy your ride)

    Tags:

  2. Kantspel

    Kantspel Guest

    Dave W wrote:

    snip

    Nice shots, what trail is that?

  3. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    kantspel <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > Dave W wrote:
    >
    > snip
    >
    > Nice shots, what trail is that?

    Thanks, getting the hang of the new camera :)

    Windridge in Newnan, GA

  4. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:45:35 -0000, Dave W wrote:

    > A shot I that I think is powerful. Deforestation, and GA
    > Power giving me the finger;

    Was there a fire there or something? Looks more like soot
    than soil...?

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
    address, at least)

  5. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    BB <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:45:35 -0000, Dave W wrote:
    >
    >> A shot I that I think is powerful. Deforestation, and GA
    >> Power giving me the finger;
    >
    > Was there a fire there or something? Looks more like soot
    > than soil...?

    yeah, probably, though I'm not sure. I was thinking just out
    and out hardwood removal for profit. There was some other
    clearcutting occuring just where the owners line ends, as
    was the case with that pic.

  6. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Nice! I can't wait until I can get back out on the dirt. We
    are in the middle of a snowstorm here, grrrr.

  7. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Hey I just check out your other bike photos. How do you like
    the trail riding with the platorms? I ride them exclusively.
    I really never liked being clipped in. I found they really
    took away from my bike handling skills. What about you? Sure
    I can't climb as well but if I spin and concentrate on the
    "horizontal" part of the spin I can not only push down but
    pull back and forth. The trick is to not put a lot into the
    upstroke pull. I find that I can climb pretty well this way
    and then I can rock on the DH's and stunts.

    To me the clipless pedal take away more than they give. What
    do you think?

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:35:39 +0000, Scott wrote:

    > To me the clipless pedal take away more than they give.
    > What do you think?

    Covered in the FAQ, section 2.5: http://www.j-
    harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm#2.5

  9. Scott

    Scott Guest

    "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:35:39 +0000, Scott wrote:
    >
    > > To me the clipless pedal take away more than they give.
    > > What do you
    think?

    > Covered in the FAQ, section 2.5: http://www.j-
    > harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm#2.5

    Nice ;-()

    Anyway i am not new to riding or clipless. I just don't like
    them. I have been riding since the late 60's. I have seen
    them come and go. I do recognize that clipless are very
    useful for a lot of people and I have successfully used them
    years ago for a couple seasons.

  10. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Some don't. But I do. No one on the trails, and like Mark
    > pointed out in his excellent repot earlier, Solo is where
    > it's at sometimes.
    >
    > the owners had the shingle out;
    >
    > http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/1257162-
    > 57OilcLT
    >
    > Good to see I didn't make the trip for nothing. yep, just
    > another Monday in the life...
    >
    > Dave (enjoy your ride)

    Nice shots, and looks like nice lonesome woods for good
    solo riding.

    paladin

  11. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "Scott" <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:vyJ5c.24598$%[email protected]

    > Hey I just check out your other bike photos. How do you
    > like the trail riding with the platorms? I ride them
    > exclusively.

    It's my prefferred method as well. There have been a few
    instances, particularly on climbs, where I probably could
    have benefitted from being "clipped in" But there have
    definetly been more than a few times that being "un-clipped"
    have saved me from serious injury. It's simply a matter of
    choice. I'm cool with mine :)

    Dave

  12. Dave W wrote:

    > It's my prefferred method as well. There have been a few
    > instances, particularly on climbs, where I probably could
    > have benefitted from being "clipped in" But there have
    > definetly been more than a few times that being "un-
    > clipped" have saved me from serious injury. It's simply a
    > matter of choice. I'm cool with mine :)
    >

    > Dave

    I know a guy who rides on flats and he is damn good, but it
    is difficult for me to see how I could become a better rider
    using them instead of clipless (there are plenty of other
    ways for me to become a better rider). Maybe it is because I
    don't do this free riding stuff, jumps and drops and such? I
    usually feel less secure not clipped in.

    BTW, I may fall over once or twice a year because I can't
    unclip, and usually that involves mud, but in a panic
    situation, I usually get out no problem.
    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

  13. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:45:35 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Some don't. But I do. No one on the trails, and like Mark
    >pointed out in his excellent repot earlier, Solo is where
    >it's at sometimes.
    >
    >the owners had the shingle out;
    >
    >http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125716-
    >257OilcLT
    >
    >Good to see I didn't make the trip for nothing.
    >
    >The hounds are always glad to see riders;
    >
    >http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125702-
    >630eJhVoR
    >
    >The owners are also into things with a little more power
    >than my legs can generate, and they sometimes invite their
    >friends to their little party, leaving the dry hard pack
    >more than a little loose;
    >
    >http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125624-
    >412qhIfGi
    >
    >as well as a few other souvenirs;
    >
    >http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125714-
    >538jugUlH
    >
    >The dirt was like poweder in some spots. Good thing there
    >were more than enough rocks for the Motoraptors to bite on;
    >
    >http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125704-
    >794qRtGke
    >
    >Ahh, singletrack, (and something left by some dweeb for me
    >to pack out for em');
    >
    >http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125626-
    >870TRvDXX
    >
    >A shot I that I think is powerful. Deforestation, and GA
    >Power giving me the finger;
    >
    >http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125626-
    >870TRvDXX
    >
    >Choose (the line) carefully grasshopper;
    >
    >http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125625-
    >965nGTVvD
    >
    >yep, just another Monday in the life...
    >
    >Dave (enjoy your ride)

    nice, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
    than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an
    immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]