R/R-I love Mondays

Dave W

Guest
Some don't. But I do. No one on the trails, and like Mark
pointed out in his excellent repot earlier, Solo is where
it's at sometimes.

the owners had the shingle out;

http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125716257Oilc-
LT

Good to see I didn't make the trip for nothing.

The hounds are always glad to see riders;

http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125702630eJhV-
oR

The owners are also into things with a little more power
than my legs can generate, and they sometimes invite their
friends to their little party, leaving the dry hard pack
more than a little loose;

http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125624412qhIf-
Gi

as well as a few other souvenirs;

http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125714538jugU-
lH

The dirt was like poweder in some spots. Good thing there
were more than enough rocks for the Motoraptors to bite on;

http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125704794qRtG-
ke

Ahh, singletrack, (and something left by some dweeb for me
to pack out for em');

http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125626870TRvD-
XX

A shot I that I think is powerful. Deforestation, and GA
Power giving me the finger;

http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125626870TRvD-
XX

Choose (the line) carefully grasshopper;

http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125625965nGTV-
vD

yep, just another Monday in the life...

Dave (enjoy your ride)

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:45:35 -0000, Dave W wrote:

> A shot I that I think is powerful. Deforestation, and GA
> Power giving me the finger;

Was there a fire there or something? Looks more like soot
than soil...?

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
address, at least)

BB <[email protected]> had this to say
news:[email protected]

> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:45:35 -0000, Dave W wrote:
>
>> A shot I that I think is powerful. Deforestation, and GA
>> Power giving me the finger;
>
> Was there a fire there or something? Looks more like soot
> than soil...?

yeah, probably, though I'm not sure. I was thinking just out
and out hardwood removal for profit. There was some other
clearcutting occuring just where the owners line ends, as
was the case with that pic.

Nice! I can't wait until I can get back out on the dirt. We
are in the middle of a snowstorm here, grrrr.

Hey I just check out your other bike photos. How do you like
the trail riding with the platorms? I ride them exclusively.
I really never liked being clipped in. I found they really
took away from my bike handling skills. What about you? Sure
I can't climb as well but if I spin and concentrate on the
"horizontal" part of the spin I can not only push down but
pull back and forth. The trick is to not put a lot into the
upstroke pull. I find that I can climb pretty well this way
and then I can rock on the DH's and stunts.

To me the clipless pedal take away more than they give. What
do you think?

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:35:39 +0000, Scott wrote:

> To me the clipless pedal take away more than they give.
> What do you think?

Covered in the FAQ, section 2.5: http://www.j-
harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm#2.5

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:35:39 +0000, Scott wrote:
>
> > To me the clipless pedal take away more than they give.
> > What do you
think?

> Covered in the FAQ, section 2.5: http://www.j-
> harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm#2.5

Nice ;-()

Anyway i am not new to riding or clipless. I just don't like
them. I have been riding since the late 60's. I have seen
them come and go. I do recognize that clipless are very
useful for a lot of people and I have successfully used them
years ago for a couple seasons.

Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Some don't. But I do. No one on the trails, and like Mark
> pointed out in his excellent repot earlier, Solo is where
> it's at sometimes.
>
> the owners had the shingle out;
>
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/1257162-
> 57OilcLT
>
> Good to see I didn't make the trip for nothing. yep, just
> another Monday in the life...
>
> Dave (enjoy your ride)

Nice shots, and looks like nice lonesome woods for good
solo riding.

paladin

"Scott" <[email protected]> had this to say
news:vyJ5c.24598$%[email protected]

> Hey I just check out your other bike photos. How do you
> like the trail riding with the platorms? I ride them
> exclusively.

It's my prefferred method as well. There have been a few
instances, particularly on climbs, where I probably could
have benefitted from being "clipped in" But there have
definetly been more than a few times that being "un-clipped"
have saved me from serious injury. It's simply a matter of
choice. I'm cool with mine :)

Dave

Dave W wrote:

> It's my prefferred method as well. There have been a few
> instances, particularly on climbs, where I probably could
> have benefitted from being "clipped in" But there have
> definetly been more than a few times that being "un-
> clipped" have saved me from serious injury. It's simply a
> matter of choice. I'm cool with mine :)
>

> Dave

I know a guy who rides on flats and he is damn good, but it
is difficult for me to see how I could become a better rider
using them instead of clipless (there are plenty of other
ways for me to become a better rider). Maybe it is because I
don't do this free riding stuff, jumps and drops and such? I
usually feel less secure not clipped in.

BTW, I may fall over once or twice a year because I can't
unclip, and usually that involves mud, but in a panic
situation, I usually get out no problem.
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:45:35 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

>Some don't. But I do. No one on the trails, and like Mark
>pointed out in his excellent repot earlier, Solo is where
>it's at sometimes.
>
>the owners had the shingle out;
>
>http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125716-
>257OilcLT
>
>Good to see I didn't make the trip for nothing.
>
>The hounds are always glad to see riders;
>
>http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125702-
>630eJhVoR
>
>The owners are also into things with a little more power
>than my legs can generate, and they sometimes invite their
>friends to their little party, leaving the dry hard pack
>more than a little loose;
>
>http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125624-
>412qhIfGi
>
>as well as a few other souvenirs;
>
>http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125714-
>538jugUlH
>
>The dirt was like poweder in some spots. Good thing there
>were more than enough rocks for the Motoraptors to bite on;
>
>http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125704-
>794qRtGke
>
>Ahh, singletrack, (and something left by some dweeb for me
>to pack out for em');
>
>http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125626-
>870TRvDXX
>
>A shot I that I think is powerful. Deforestation, and GA
>Power giving me the finger;
>
>http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125626-
>870TRvDXX
>
>Choose (the line) carefully grasshopper;
>
>http://community.webshots.com/photo/125623130/125625-
>965nGTVvD
>
>yep, just another Monday in the life...
>
>Dave (enjoy your ride)

nice, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an
immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]