R u doing ur favorite job?

ARSteven

Aug 19, 2010
We know many people can not do their favorite job,like me,I just do a boring job for live,not for interest.It makes me unhappy,but I still can’t change it…
So what about u guys?Do u lucky enough to do ur favorite job?:confused::confused:

Haha, good question. My job I guess is not the most enjoyable, but I grew into it. I think I enjoy it simply for the flexibility and ability to be on my own and work how I want to. That being said, I still have to answer to the higher-up suits, and I do get aggravated 5 out of 6 days I work. Also the income does make this job much more enjoyable.

Mine is probably better than most but it has it's drawback in stress and frustration at times. Besides I get to ski as part of it.

When I didn't like a job, I went looking for a new one! My favorite was teaching.
I taught Aviation science and history in the careers department at a JR high school.
In five years of teaching no one ever failed my classes.

I spent nearly forty years as a free lance photographer.

I am now enjoying retirement! Having five grand kids makes it very enjoyable!

Charrena, Christina, David, Jason, Kayla!:D:D:D:D:D

My job pays enough to pay the bills and is boring enough to allow me to post on Cyclingforums.com all day. :D

There are times of stress and intense strategizing but still, I am one of the crowd on the look-out for a more exciting and rewarding career.

alienator said:
Does serial masturbation count as a job?

It seems to work for some film stars and most all politicians, so I would say possibly yes.

Im on my fourth year studying Mechanical engineering, so hopefully Im on my path to doing what I've always wanted to do. having said that:
a)I still dont really know what its like to be an engineer, so Im not 100% sure its going to be my 'dream job"
b)A job is not entirely responsible for making you happy/fulfiled as a person. A job is there to make you money. if you also enjoy it, thats great, but there are so many other ways to be happy and fulfiled. Ultimately, even if you have a job that you like, there are responsabilities/stress/duties which you dont like to do, so its not all fun. Hobbies on the other hand have no expectations of you and ARE all fun!

I have only recently found an entirely whole new level and ability of whoop ass in the the field of hvac (mechanical with some slight to medium levels of electrical- install/retrofit, new construction with some of a bit of whatever I have to do to get the job done under my rule ) and I am thoroughly enjoying it at the moment. Onward and upward, as they say.

Good money too, an entirely new stratosphere so overall I would have to say that I am extremely satisfied with what I fell into over ten years ago just for work finally blossoming into a full on vibrant, bright, brilliant career.

ARSteven said:
We know many people can not do their favorite job,like me,I just do a boring job for live,not for interest.It makes me unhappy,but I still can’t change it…
So what about u guys?Do u lucky enough to do ur favorite job?:confused::confused:
yeah, i am doing my favorite job, i am fond of writing, and now i am working in Topons. very happy.people there are very kind and responsible, hardworking. i love my job.

spacebar said:
a)I still dont really know what its like to be an engineer, so Im not 100% sure its going to be my 'dream job"

Did you do time as an engineering co-op student?

Not having a job that I didn't love would make life truly suckworthy. Job is not synonymous with drudgery, boredom, torture, or anything else negative, nor does a job have to be just "a means to an end."

alienator said:
Not having a job that I didn't love would make life truly suckworthy. Job is not synonymous with drudgery, boredom, torture, or anything else negative, nor does a job have to be just "a means to an end."

I agree. That's why it's too bad that most people don't understand that until they are too old and by then it's too late to do much about it. If more people realized that earlier in their lives, I think they would be able to go towards something they like doing.

I wish I went to college right out of high school, but my hands were tied.:eek:

gman0482 said:

That takes guts, following your sexual perversions like that. More power to ya! I'm also glad that you stuck with your high school sweetheart...

gman0482 said:

Same here, my big break came from being a victim of a mass layoff in 1991, I was able to get a federal grant in conjunction with a workers' assistance program to pay for my schooling.

roadhouse said:
I have only recently found an entirely whole new level and ability of whoop ass in the the field of hvac (mechanical with some slight to medium levels of electrical- install/retrofit, new construction with some of a bit of whatever I have to do to get the job done under my rule ) and I am thoroughly enjoying it at the moment. Onward and upward, as they say.

Good money too, an entirely new stratosphere so overall I would have to say that I am extremely satisfied with what I fell into over ten years ago just for work finally blossoming into a full on vibrant, bright, brilliant career.

Setting a Cutler-Hammer three (3) phase 100 amp sub panel ( jumping out of an existing but full three phase 400 amp panel) for our condensors was fun today. Electrician quoted $1200 on material alone at job site today, I got it all for just over $500. No pay electrician, I did it myself and saved the company $800 quoted for electrical labor alone, not too mention the $1200 for their overly priced material.

Onward and upward. I'm good with tools, very good and I am really beginning to enjoy my work for the first time in a long time.

And yes, I have four years electrical experience, hvac guys just do it all though.

College is still on the list though, I can't wait to go back to school. For what? I don't know, I guess just to learn something, anything, be a better man not only for myself but for my future wife and kids which God willingly I'll have someday.