R1000 Cannondale

damiansmith

Nov 6, 2003
Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are in the midst of converting to road bikers after being exclusively Mtbikers for a few years. I am building up my bike now, a crazy green Specialized Allez Pro (99) ... and my better half has finally decided on what she wants. A Cannondale, R1000 feminine with Mavic wheels and Ultegra groupset in Black with Pink flames. The problem we are having is, we can't find a picture of it anywhere. Its a 2004 model and every website that we find has a picture of the blue version.

Can anyone help me with a picture or where to go so we can see this bike before we sink $1700 into it?

I've emailed the manufacturer as well but haven't yet had a response.

Cheers
Damian

There's like a 30/70 chance that this is going to work, but I scanned a picture from the 10/03 edition of Bicycling mag, where the R1000 Feminine was reviewed.

Hang on....here goes....

Originally posted by damiansmith
Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are in the midst of converting to road bikers after being exclusively Mtbikers for a few years. I am building up my bike now, a crazy green Specialized Allez Pro (99) ... and my better half has finally decided on what she wants. A Cannondale, R1000 feminine with Mavic wheels and Ultegra groupset in Black with Pink flames. The problem we are having is, we can't find a picture of it anywhere. Its a 2004 model and every website that we find has a picture of the blue version.

Can anyone help me with a picture or where to go so we can see this bike before we sink $1700 into it?

Cheers
Damian

Originally posted by damiansmith
Hello all,

Cheers
Damian

Don't know if this will help. Here is a picture of the T-mobile Feminine frameset from their catalogue. I think (note "think" not "know") the paint-scheme should be the same except for the R1000 decal in place of the T-mobile one. You can sort of see the R1000 logo in:

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/cusa/model-4RW1T.html

These photos (starting with mine, of course) remind me of the t-shirts that show the evolution of the human species. Mine's still brewing in some primordial stew somewhere.

Incidentally, my wife rides the regular R1000 triple. She tried the Feminine, but wasn't quite as comfortable on it. Hers is light, stiff, comfortable, and was a good deal (new old stock) at about $1300.

Best,

Neil

Hey Damian,

$1700 is full retail, play hard ball and you can get them down a bit, I just got my LBS to go $2150 out the door for an R2000 which is norm $2400 plus tax =$2610. So my calcs are you should be able to get the 1000 for approx $1500. If you aren't rich it is worth the effort. And if you are rich, get the new 6-13...sweeeeet.

Good Luck
C'Rider

Thanks heaps ! I emailed Cannondale and they send me a picture eventually but not as good as clear as this one. I have talked to one shop and they are going to do it tax free for cash but that's still like 1800. I will call around.

Thanks for your help!

Hey hey hey,

Thanks for giving me the idea to call around C'rider, 17 bike shops later I know that 1800 is for ksyriums (sp?) and 1700 for Cosmos, and I found someone who will do the Cosmo version for 1530 + tax... and I found a bikeshop in CT that has it in the right size and color so we can go out and she can ride it and salivate a bit and see if she really wants it!!

If I could afford the 6-13 it would be for me, not the better half :) I must say that the 6-13 website is the coolest in ages.

Thanks!