RAAM separates the men from the children.



C

Claudius Vitalis

Guest
Extreme concentration for days and thousands of miles on end. This
isn't your typical crit 50 mile playground, this is continental racing from
sea to shining sea. Testing equipment, and physical capabilities to the
maximum. No going home to watch Deadwood, after a few hours of fun and
games and false bravado, this competition is for men, not children.
 
We met a Corporate Team lastnight in San Diego. They shoved off @ 2PM
Tues. Great what RAAM've done with that format. No longer 1man=1bike.
Letting the corporates play the game, really ups the participation,
buy in and support for the sport. Way to go RAAM.
 
T

Tim Lines

Guest
Claudius Vitalis wrote:
> Extreme concentration for days and thousands of miles on end. This
> isn't your typical crit 50 mile playground, this is continental racing from
> sea to shining sea. Testing equipment, and physical capabilities to the
> maximum. No going home to watch Deadwood, after a few hours of fun and
> games and false bravado, this competition is for men, not children.
>
>


While you're typing ignorant messages on your keyboard, Catherina Berge
is competing solo in this sport "for men".

What does that make you?
 
K

Kurgan Gringioni

Guest
Claudius Vitalis wrote:
> Extreme concentration for days and thousands of miles on end. This
> isn't your typical crit 50 mile playground, this is continental racing from
> sea to shining sea. Testing equipment, and physical capabilities to the
> maximum. No going home to watch Deadwood, after a few hours of fun and
> games and false bravado, this competition is for men, not children.





Dumbass -

troll-o-meter
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
^
|




thanks,

K. Gringioni.
 
P

psycholist

Guest
"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
>
> Claudius Vitalis wrote:
>> Extreme concentration for days and thousands of miles on end. This
>> isn't your typical crit 50 mile playground, this is continental racing
>> from
>> sea to shining sea. Testing equipment, and physical capabilities to the
>> maximum. No going home to watch Deadwood, after a few hours of fun and
>> games and false bravado, this competition is for men, not children.

>
>
>
>
> Dumbass -
>
> troll-o-meter
> 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
> ^
> |
>
>
>
>
> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.


****. Now that you've posted your troll-o-meter, does that mean I can't
take the bait and tell the OP how I think the the folks who do RAAM aren't
"real men" at all, but rather are insane, self-obsessed idiots? I mean,
after watching that stupid RAAM broadcast last year, I almost didn't want to
ride my bike anymore. It just seemed so stupid and pointless.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)
 
P

PanFan

Guest
"Claudius Vitalis" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> to the maximum. No going home to watch Deadwood, after a few hours of
> fun and games and false bravado, this competition is for men, not
> children.


.... or is the competition for insomniacs, not narcoleptics?
 
H

Howard Kveck

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I mean, after watching that stupid RAAM broadcast last year, I almost
> didn't want to ride my bike anymore. It just seemed so stupid and
> pointless.


Maybe that's the point of showing it on TV.

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
 
C

Callistus Valerius

Guest
> Claudius Vitalis wrote:
> > Extreme concentration for days and thousands of miles on end. This
> > isn't your typical crit 50 mile playground, this is continental racing

from
> > sea to shining sea. Testing equipment, and physical capabilities to the
> > maximum. No going home to watch Deadwood, after a few hours of fun and
> > games and false bravado, this competition is for men, not children.
> >
> >

>
> While you're typing ignorant messages on your keyboard, Catherina Berge
> is competing solo in this sport "for men".
>
> What does that make you?


A fan of Cat. Cat is in 11th place. As of Wednesday morning she's
about 300 miles behind the leader, but 100 miles ahead of some of the men
behind her. Hope she holds on. Disappointing that there was only 1 woman
solo rider entry. As I write this she is pedaling towards Durango, CO 51
degrees Wind North 5 mph , 3200' of climbing between timestations 14 & 15.
She's a mountain goat, so I fear she'll be caught be some of the men behind
her, once they get out of the mountains. The race doesn't really begin till
they get to the Missippi river. A fact for some of you 50 mile crit heroes,
there is no drafting in RAAM. No holding hands in massive packs, talking
about how you're kicking ass.
 
O

Olebiker

Guest
Sorry man, but the individual category of RAAM is just an exercise in
sleep deprivation. I'm not impressed.
 
T

Tom Kunich

Guest
Isn't it strange that when you take an incredibly cool idea, like
riding across the USA and make it into a race it becomes something
stupid and boring?
 
R

Robert Chung

Guest
I believe the court should separate Michael Jackson from the children,
too.
 
B

B. Lafferty

Guest
"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>> Claudius Vitalis wrote:
>> > Extreme concentration for days and thousands of miles on end. This
>> > isn't your typical crit 50 mile playground, this is continental racing

> from
>> > sea to shining sea. Testing equipment, and physical capabilities to
>> > the
>> > maximum. No going home to watch Deadwood, after a few hours of fun and
>> > games and false bravado, this competition is for men, not children.
>> >
>> >

>>
>> While you're typing ignorant messages on your keyboard, Catherina Berge
>> is competing solo in this sport "for men".
>>
>> What does that make you?

>
> A fan of Cat. Cat is in 11th place. As of Wednesday morning she's
> about 300 miles behind the leader, but 100 miles ahead of some of the men
> behind her. Hope she holds on. Disappointing that there was only 1 woman
> solo rider entry. As I write this she is pedaling towards Durango, CO 51
> degrees Wind North 5 mph , 3200' of climbing between timestations 14 & 15.
> She's a mountain goat, so I fear she'll be caught be some of the men
> behind
> her, once they get out of the mountains. The race doesn't really begin
> till
> they get to the Missippi river. A fact for some of you 50 mile crit
> heroes,
> there is no drafting in RAAM. No holding hands in massive packs, talking
> about how you're kicking ass.


Interesting woman and a DVM. http://www.catharinaberge.com/index.htm
 
G

gds

Guest
Claudius Vitalis wrote:

this competition is for men, not children.

Or at least men with the minds of children.
 
J

Jay Beattie

Guest
"gds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
>
> Claudius Vitalis wrote:
>
> this competition is for men, not children.
>
> Or at least men with the minds of children.


Or men with no children.

I guess the giant prize money and huge endorsement contracts
makes it all worth while, though. Plus there's the chicks. I
hear Pete Penseyres is dating Chery Crow's second cousin, twice
removed. -- Jay Beattie.
 
S

SH

Guest
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 04:17:35 GMT, PanFan <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Claudius Vitalis" <jazz[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> to the maximum. No going home to watch Deadwood, after a few hours of
>> fun and games and false bravado, this competition is for men, not
>> children.

>
>... or is the competition for insomniacs, not narcoleptics?


I was waiting for someone to answer in the following vein:

Dumbass,

It's a competition for insomniacs that induces narcolepsy in
spectators.

Your Welcome,

K. Grungioni

But since no one did, I had too.

This group is getting slack.
 
>From Bob Roll's "51 Things to Do before You Die" (Bobke II):

"Ride across America, stopping in every podunk burg along the way. Rely
graciously upon the generosity of strangers. Never ever race across
America."

Bob Breedlove, RAAM soloist, was killed today in Colorado.
 

Similar threads