Rab Positron Waterproof

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Pj, Feb 9, 2003.

  1. Pj

    Pj Guest

    Has anyone tried a Rab Positron jacket ? Can it be recommended ? I after spending some money on a
    waterproof and found this as an alternative to the usual Paclite based jackets.

    Tags:

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    PJ wrote:
    > Has anyone tried a Rab Positron jacket ? Can it be recommended ? I after spending some money on a
    > waterproof and found this as an alternative to the usual Paclite based jackets.

    the resident fabric goddess gurus sez: never heard of it. Which usually is not a good thing. Is that
    the brand of the jacket or the branding of the fabric? Remember, you get what you pay for.

    Penny S

    --
    Specialty Outdoors Modification & Repair of Outdoor Gear & Clothing Factory Authorized by The North
    Face www.specialtyoutdoors.com/whatis.htm

  3. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Penny S. wrote:
    > PJ wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone tried a Rab Positron jacket ? Can it be recommended ? I after spending some money on a
    >>waterproof and found this as an alternative to the usual Paclite based jackets.
    >

    > the resident fabric goddess gurus sez: never heard of it. Which usually is not a good thing. Is
    > that the brand of the jacket or the branding of the fabric? Remember, you get what you pay for.

    Aren't Rab the people what make nice sleeping bags?

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    bomba wrote:
    > Penny S. wrote:
    >> PJ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone tried a Rab Positron jacket ? Can it be recommended ? I after spending some money on
    >>> a waterproof and found this as an alternative to the usual Paclite based jackets.
    >>

    >> the resident fabric goddess gurus sez: never heard of it. Which usually is not a good thing. Is
    >> that the brand of the jacket or the branding of the fabric? Remember, you get what you pay for.
    >
    > Aren't Rab the people what make nice sleeping bags?

    *I've* never heard of them, is that a European brand? Sometimes I google this stuff because I do
    have a serious interest in fabrics but I just don't have the time these days.

    penny

  5. Panda

    Panda Guest

    there is a rab that makes top line sleeping bags and down jackets etc (i have a jacket and its ace)
    they are well regarded here in the UK, assuming its the same ppl

    panda

    > bomba wrote:
    > > Penny S. wrote:

    > >> the resident fabric goddess gurus sez: never heard of it. Which usually is not a good thing. Is
    > >> that the brand of the jacket or the branding of the fabric? Remember, you get what you pay for.
    > >
    > > Aren't Rab the people what make nice sleeping bags?
    >
    > *I've* never heard of them, is that a European brand? Sometimes I google this stuff because I do
    > have a serious interest in fabrics but I just
    don't
    > have the time these days.
    >
    > penny

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    panda <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > there is a rab that makes top line sleeping bags and down jackets etc (i have a jacket and its
    > ace) they are well regarded here in the UK,
    assuming
    > its the same ppl
    >
    > panda

    They make insulated mountaineering gear - I have friends that do this sorta thing, and hear that Rab
    stuff is the canine's testes.

    Shaun aRe

  7. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > panda <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> there is a rab that makes top line sleeping bags and down jackets etc (i have a jacket and its
    >> ace) they are well regarded here in the UK, assuming its the same ppl
    >>
    >> panda
    >
    > They make insulated mountaineering gear - I have friends that do this sorta thing, and hear that
    > Rab stuff is the canine's testes.

    if someone wants to google their fabric technical info/specs and either post or send me the link,
    I'd do my best to tell you what it really is.

    > Shaun aRe

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Penny S. wrote:

    >>>the resident fabric goddess gurus sez: never heard of it. Which usually is not a good thing. Is
    >>>that the brand of the jacket or the branding of the fabric? Remember, you get what you pay for.
    >>
    >>Aren't Rab the people what make nice sleeping bags?
    >

    > *I've* never heard of them, is that a European brand?

    Erm, hang on <google>... yep, they're British: www.rab.uk.com

    It's a long time since I was interested in the outdoor kit market, but I seem to recall Rab being a
    top brand. Maybe someone else knows.

  9. Panda

    Panda Guest

    sorry should have said - i do mountaineering stuff and dogs danglies they are

    panda

    > panda <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > there is a rab that makes top line sleeping bags and down jackets etc (i have a jacket and its
    > > ace) they are well regarded here in the UK,
    > assuming
    > > its the same ppl
    > >
    > > panda
    >
    > They make insulated mountaineering gear - I have friends that do this
    sorta
    > thing, and hear that Rab stuff is the canine's testes.
    >

    > Shaun aRe

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > > panda <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> there is a rab that makes top line sleeping bags and down jackets etc (i have a jacket and its
    > >> ace) they are well regarded here in the UK, assuming its the same ppl
    > >>
    > >> panda
    > >
    > > They make insulated mountaineering gear - I have friends that do this sorta thing, and hear that
    > > Rab stuff is the canine's testes.
    > >

    > if someone wants to google their fabric technical info/specs and either
    post
    > or send me the link, I'd do my best to tell you what it really is.

    Ripstop Pertex, Primaloft PL1, and 'Rab Downpour' or summink. HTH.

    Shaun aRe