Rabobank to ride Giant

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by LewisBricktop, Aug 26, 2008.

1. LewisBricktop

LewisBricktop New Member

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/rabobank-on-board-giant-bikes-for-2009-18181

i suppose its not that big of a deal, but im coming to like the new stuff that Giant is putting out. much better than the shite they were forcing ulle to ride for t-mobile. although colnago is certainly hard to pass up.

anyone know why? was it just a money thing or did colnago have any issues with the rasmussen/dekker affairs of late?

Tags:

2. thunder

thunder New Member

1. Giant is based in The Netherlands.

2. Giant wanted the German market, Germany is the third biggest economy in the world (China might have them covered now for 3rd)

3. Giant originally were paying the largest amount for an endorsement. 2 million US. Specialized bid higher for QS in the latest contract with Lefevre.

4. High Road/Columbia are shifting their squadra to US/international riders.

3. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Not sure but they have new jersey's thou......

4. huboon

huboon New Member

Cyclo-cross on a compact frame. Sven Nys probably got out at the right time.

5. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

I believe that Giant was willing to pay almost any amount of money to sponsor a top notch pro team, while Colnago does not feel the need to pay up. Although it is interesting that, if I am correct, Colnago will only be sponsoring Milram in terms of one of the top team this year.

6. alvynmcq

alvynmcq New Member

Scott are sponsoring Team Columbia next season.

7. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

Yup. Read more about it here...

8. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Rabobank are already riding Giants if you look at where Colnago gets most of his outsourcing done.

9. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

LOL. Touché.

BTW, I believe I was mistaken about Milram. Apparently they will be riding Focus (?) frames. So the three big teams that rode Colnago last year will not be riding Ernesto's finest this year.

I wonder if he will take a year off pro sponsorship and pocket the extra cash.