Race 2 Replace Lance - Cool Webisodes at Race2Replace.com

Diceman

May 24, 2006
Anyone interested in the race 2 replace Lance within the Discovery team should check the webisodes that are posted at race2replace.com

They profile George, Tom, Popo, (even Johan) as they prep to step in for Lance at the Tour this year and in the future. They get inside these guys lives and are really well done - kind of like "Chasing Lance" last year. I think that they are releasing new episodes regularly until the Tour begins.

They are also availabkle for download on iTunes as video podcasts.

Diceman said:
Anyone interested in the race 2 replace Lance within the Discovery team should check the webisodes that are posted at race2replace.com

They profile George, Tom, Popo, (even Johan) as they prep to step in for Lance at the Tour this year and in the future. They get inside these guys lives and are really well done - kind of like "Chasing Lance" last year. I think that they are releasing new episodes regularly until the Tour begins.

zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz

Diceman: if you're going to get WBT's attention, you're going to have to include a link to a photo of Ullrich without a shirt on. ;)

Diceman said:

What is this about, can I ask?

Are they not trying to get some younger candidates, to try to meld for the future?

Popo is young enough, and has the previous results to back it up. However its not just that Lance is gone. His support cast is getting old too. All the guys that Bruyneel hired to pull the peloton to pieces in the mountains/TTT are within one or two years of retirement. I think the team needs a makeover.

Diceman said:

You are right Dice, that is a fun web site but it's old news. This thread should have been posted in the Road Racing Forum. This is the Grand Tours Forum, this is where we talk about whether Jan Ullrich is fat or not.

lwedge said:
You are right Dice, that is a fun web site but it's old news. This thread should have been posted in the Road Racing Forum. This is the Grand Tours Forum, this is where we talk about whether Jan Ullrich is fat or not.

It was a hark back to the good old days when the forums thread read like this:

How large is Lance's VO2 max ?
Can Lance win 8 tours ?
Can Lance win 7 Tours ?
How many minutes will Lance win the Tour by ?
Lance trains harder than every other rider put together.
Bruyneel and Lance to wed.
Can Hincapie win the Tour after Lance retires ?
Can USPS take 1-2-3 at Tour ?
Can USPS win all major Tours in one year ?

It was nauseating.. at least now we talk about cycling and races !

whiteboytrash said:

Can Lance win 8 tours ?
Can Lance win 7 Tours ?
classic...:D

whiteboytrash said:

Can Lance win 8 tours ?
Can Lance win 7 Tours ?

It was nauseating.. at least now we talk about cycling and races !
Ah, yes. "Cycling and races".

How large is Jan's gut?
Can Jan win a 2nd TdF?
Did Jan grow his hair out in response to people talking about his weight?
Did Jan's daddy smack him around when he was little?
People who discuss Jan's fitness know nothing about cycling.
Men who do not get an erection at the mention of "Ullrich" know nothing about cycling.
Jan is fit this year. (When I said that last year, and the year before, I was just setting you up for this year.)
WBT to have sex-change and become master chef in order to woo Ullrich.

"Cycling and races" indeed. :cool:

Actually, this could be the Discovery / T-Mobile / CSC forum. Discussion of other teams optional and likely ignored.

rejobako said:
Ah, yes. "Cycling and races".

How large is Jan's gut?
Can Jan win a 2nd TdF?
Did Jan grow his hair out in response to people talking about his weight?
Did Jan's daddy smack him around when he was little?
People who discuss Jan's fitness know nothing about cycling.
Men who do not get an erection at the mention of "Ullrich" know nothing about cycling.
Jan is fit this year. (When I said that last year, and the year before, I was just setting you up for this year.)
WBT to have sex-change and become master chef in order to woo Ullrich.

"Cycling and races" indeed. :cool:
LOL, you both forgot one.:D
WBT-Did Lance wait for JU?
rejobako-Did JU wait for Lance?

Not that my pitiful legs could even dream of competing professionally, but race2replace is a chance for anyone to ride their bike around the Indy 500 circuit, a legendary venue. I'm going for that reason alone. Should be fun.

For those of us in the US, it's about the same as being able to ride Silverstone, Modena, or Nurburgring. How many of you would turn down that opportunity?

It's a silly PR stunt, but to paraphrase Woody Allen: as silly PR stunts go, it's one of the best.

JohnO said:
Not that my pitiful legs could even dream of competing professionally, but race2replace is a chance for anyone to ride their bike around the Indy 500 circuit, a legendary venue. I'm going for that reason alone. Should be fun.

For those of us in the US, it's about the same as being able to ride Silverstone, Modena, or Nurburgring. How many of you would turn down that opportunity?

It's a silly PR stunt, but to paraphrase Woody Allen: as silly PR stunts go, it's one of the best.
The R2R sounds like a lot of fun and good promotions as well. Have a good time.

Just watch out for the wall in turn 2. It has taken many drivers. :D Start the turns high and draft as much as you can. And never pass on the outside unless you are Paul Newman or Steve McQueen.

Good luck and take pictures.

tcklyde said:
Actually, this could be the Discovery / T-Mobile / CSC forum. Discussion of other teams optional and likely ignored.

Well, just to get things started, O'Grady made the cut in CSC's squad for LeTour. A good thing.

Well...I did manage to check out the webisodes and I tought they were pretty damn awesome.....I thought the music on the episodes were superb and i would really appreciate it if somebody could tell me the names of some or all of the tracks used in the webisodes....thanks a mil