Race Face Cranks - Are they any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W A S A T C H

As a gift I received a Race Face Prodigy XC and Race Face SRX bottom bracket. I have always ridden
Shimano cranks, so I am a little reluctant to install these. Should I return this crankset to the
shop an purchase a Shimano XT crankset? Do any of the shop owners/bike mechanics out there have any
experience with these cranksets? Which one is preferred over the other?

Thanks for your help,

Nate

"W A S A T C H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> As a gift I received a Race Face Prodigy XC and Race Face SRX bottom bracket. I have always ridden
> Shimano cranks, so I am a little reluctant
to
> install these. Should I return this crankset to the shop an purchase a Shimano XT crankset? Do any
> of the shop owners/bike mechanics out there
have
> any experience with these cranksets? Which one is preferred over the
other?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Nate
>

If I were riding XT, and someone gave a RaceFace to replace it, I would kneel down and kiss
their feet.

Chris (RaceFace Next LP, RaceFace Taperlock BB)

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 02:25:08 -0700, "W A S A T C H"
<[email protected]> may have said:

>As a gift I received a Race Face Prodigy XC and Race Face SRX bottom bracket. I have always ridden
>Shimano cranks, so I am a little reluctant to install these. Should I return this crankset to the
>shop an purchase a Shimano XT crankset? Do any of the shop owners/bike mechanics out there have any
>experience with these cranksets? Which one is preferred over the other?

I accidentally acquired a RaceFace crank set in a pile of used parts; I like it a lot. I haven't
tried their BBs, but I'd expect them to be good. Your mileage may vary; opinions are highly
subjective.

--
My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.
Yes, I have a killfile. If I don't respond to something,
it's also possible that I'm busy.
Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

I'd say it's hardly worth returning. The Prodigy is Race Face's budget line, and I'd say it's still on par with LX/XT. I like it for a couple reasons-they're Canadian, amde by good guys, and it's not Shimano. Never had any customers with a problem with any Race Face product.

Status
Not open for further replies.