Race Face Cranks - Are they any good?

W A S A T C H

Guest
As a gift I received a Race Face Prodigy XC and Race Face SRX bottom bracket. I have always ridden
Shimano cranks, so I am a little reluctant to install these. Should I return this crankset to the
shop an purchase a Shimano XT crankset? Do any of the shop owners/bike mechanics out there have any
experience with these cranksets? Which one is preferred over the other?

Thanks for your help,

Nate

"W A S A T C H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> As a gift I received a Race Face Prodigy XC and Race Face SRX bottom bracket. I have always ridden
> Shimano cranks, so I am a little reluctant
> install these. Should I return this crankset to the shop an purchase a Shimano XT crankset? Do any
> of the shop owners/bike mechanics out there
have
> any experience with these cranksets? Which one is preferred over the
other?

> Thanks for your help,
>
> Nate

If I were riding XT, and someone gave a RaceFace to replace it, I would kneel down and kiss
their feet.

Chris (RaceFace Next LP, RaceFace Taperlock BB)

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 02:25:08 -0700, "W A S A T C H"
<[email protected]> may have said:

>As a gift I received a Race Face Prodigy XC and Race Face SRX bottom bracket. I have always ridden
>Shimano cranks, so I am a little reluctant to install these. Should I return this crankset to the
>shop an purchase a Shimano XT crankset? Do any of the shop owners/bike mechanics out there have any
>experience with these cranksets? Which one is preferred over the other?

I accidentally acquired a RaceFace crank set in a pile of used parts; I like it a lot. I haven't
tried their BBs, but I'd expect them to be good. Your mileage may vary; opinions are highly
subjective.

it's also possible that I'm busy.

I'd say it's hardly worth returning. The Prodigy is Race Face's budget line, and I'd say it's still on par with LX/XT. I like it for a couple reasons-they're Canadian, amde by good guys, and it's not Shimano. Never had any customers with a problem with any Race Face product.