Race Face SYStem or Deuce

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Justin Collins, Apr 21, 2003.

  1. Hey, I can get a good deal on a SYStem but I have heard that the Deuce is the shit! what do you
    think...opinions/suggestions

    Justin

    Justin Collins [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Neither - get a Roox. Danny's Stem is a beauty!

    Steve

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Justin Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Y9%[email protected]...
    > Hey, I can get a good deal on a SYStem but I have heard that the Deuce is the shit! what do you
    > think...opinions/suggestions
    >
    > Justin

    I think you mean "Deus" - pronounced DAY-us, meaning "God in the..." , not "Deuce". I'm talking
    about this one, see if you are too: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.asp?number=38022

    Anyway, I put a Deus on my bike, and, well, it certainly connects the handlebar to the steerer tube.
    What do you need out of a stem? The Deus

    tests that say it is stiffer than the Thomson Elite, and has a longer fatigue life. Of course, those
    tests were done by RaceFace, but they've earned my trust - I've not broken any of thier stuff yet.

    I hear the SYStem creaks a bit, but any goober with an allen wrench can put on a stem half-assed.

    So, my bottom line: The Deus is a kick-ass stem, but if and only if you want to spend $70 to keep
    your handlebar in front of you.

    Chris

  4. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Justin Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<Y9%[email protected]>...
    > Hey, I can get a good deal on a SYStem but I have heard that the Deuce is the shit! what do you
    > think...opinions/suggestions

    Well, if the Deuce is the shit, then flush that idea.

    I have a SYStem on the Freak bike and it does rather well. I like the idea of bolts instead of welds
    on a stem.

    JD

  5. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    I've got a SYstem on my ACCESS and I would have to go along with what JD said.

    Fire up MTB 03