Race Face SYStem or Deuce

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Justin Collins

Hey, I can get a good deal on a SYStem but I have heard that the Deuce is the ****! what do you
think...opinions/suggestions

Justin

--

--
Justin Collins [email protected]

Neither - get a Roox. Danny's Stem is a beauty!

Steve

"Justin Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Y9%[email protected]...
> Hey, I can get a good deal on a SYStem but I have heard that the Deuce is the ****! what do you
> think...opinions/suggestions
>
> Justin
>

I think you mean "Deus" - pronounced DAY-us, meaning "God in the..." , not "Deuce". I'm talking
about this one, see if you are too: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.asp?number=38022

Anyway, I put a Deus on my bike, and, well, it certainly connects the handlebar to the steerer tube.
What do you need out of a stem? The Deus

tests that say it is stiffer than the Thomson Elite, and has a longer fatigue life. Of course, those
tests were done by RaceFace, but they've earned my trust - I've not broken any of thier stuff yet.

I hear the SYStem creaks a bit, but any goober with an allen wrench can put on a stem half-assed.

So, my bottom line: The Deus is a kick-ass stem, but if and only if you want to spend $70 to keep
your handlebar in front of you.

Chris

"Justin Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<Y9%[email protected]>...
> Hey, I can get a good deal on a SYStem but I have heard that the Deuce is the ****! what do you
> think...opinions/suggestions

Well, if the Deuce is the ****, then flush that idea.

I have a SYStem on the Freak bike and it does rather well. I like the idea of bolts instead of welds
on a stem.

JD

I've got a SYstem on my ACCESS and I would have to go along with what JD said.

Fire up MTB 03

Status
Not open for further replies.