Race face turbine LP, which one?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bruce Edge, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    Tags:

  2. On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:08:26 +0000, bruce edge did issue forth:

    > compact drive vs. standard drive
    > 94/58mm and 110/74mm BCD configurations

    Compact drive and 94/58 BCD are the same thing. Compact drive refers to smaller chainrings and
    sprockets than standard drive, saving you an ickle bit of weight and giving more ground
    clearance too.

    BCD is the bolt circle diameter, this refers to the diameter of a circle drawn so that it runs
    through the centre of the chainring bolts.

    > isis vs. square

    Isis is the new funky way of holding your cranks onto your bottom bracket, using a splined system.
    Square is ye olde system with a tapered bottom bracket. Whatever you do here, make sure that your
    bottom bracket and cranks match.

  3. John G

    John G Guest

    bruce edge wrote:
    > I'm trying to figure out what I need. This is my 1st time trying to build a bike up from parts.
    >
    > I'm Looking at http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.asp?number=12045&sc=mr08&x=y#Description and
    > http://www.beyondbikes.com/shopping.asp?type=11
    >
    > There's: compact drive vs. standard drive isis vs. square
    > 94/58mm and 110/74mm BCD configurations
    >
    > What the hell is the difference?

    94/58mm is "compact Drive" Go compact if you wat to run lower gears (like a 22T or even a 20T
    inner ring)

    95/74mm is "standard drive" for bigger gear at the cost of not being able to go below 24T for inner

    ISIS VS Square.... ISIS _ROCKS_ however they can be a real B!TCH to fully seat. Race Face has now
    revised thier instalation procedures. (seat as well as you can, go ride, tighten, ride, tighten,
    repeat untill crank is fully seated.)

    all that being said I ride Race Face ISIS Compact on everything (x-ceptin' for the SS) and could not
    be more delighted.

  4. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:28:05 +0100, Huw Pritchard wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:08:26 +0000, bruce edge did issue forth:
    >
    >> compact drive vs. standard drive
    >> 94/58mm and 110/74mm BCD configurations
    >
    > Compact drive and 94/58 BCD are the same thing. Compact drive refers to smaller chainrings and
    > sprockets than standard drive, saving you an ickle bit of weight and giving more ground
    > clearance too.
    >
    > BCD is the bolt circle diameter, this refers to the diameter of a circle drawn so that it runs
    > through the centre of the chainring bolts.
    >
    >> isis vs. square
    >
    > Isis is the new funky way of holding your cranks onto your bottom bracket, using a splined system.
    > Square is ye olde system with a tapered bottom bracket. Whatever you do here, make sure that your
    > bottom bracket and cranks match.

    Perfect, Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know.

    -Bruce.