Race highlights

collin2985

Mar 26, 2013
Here's a highlight video of my first race of 2016.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Elkridge Spring Classic Cat 3/4

I like the self reflection in the videos and the fact that you purposely train or race with people who are faster than you. The videos will give you something to look back on as you progress. Cool videos, keep it up!

It's great to see you back again this season, Colin! Nice job in the 1-2-3 race. Hellova effort! Stay safe and race hard!

Thanks guys. Here's another one for you.

Holy ****! The rider that pulled a Johnny Hoogerland OK? If that was a barbed wire fence...and it looked like one to me...he's going to need some stitches. Well, you were near Intercourse, Pa. and he got screwed!

You get a new race bike this season? I don't see the old shimaNO antennae wire shifters.

Bob you're gonna hate me but I got a deal on a ultegra 6800 set. As much as you hate Shimano, I got to say that switching from 2005 shifters to 2016 shifters is like going from a 1990 Nissan to a Ferrari.

Heheh! I don't hate shimaNO, I just know how it works compared to Campagnolo!

I put in about 1200 miles this Winter (and maybe 800-1000 miles last Winter) on shimaNO 5800 105 11-speed stuff. It's competent equipment. The Ultegra pedals are very comfortable and secure, albeit with a cheap sounding release noise. The brakes are good. The driveline is a bit noisy compared to Campy, but the biggest fault I can find with shimaNO shifting is that it is much slower than Campy in its response time. Other than that, it's accurate and wearing well so far.

That was a good race. Hope that accident doesn't escalated to something more drastic. Those videos also are good source to measure self progress also.