Race Lincense

stanngg

Oct 14, 2007
Is the renewal cost the same as the new lincense cost? Trying to renew my lincense but only getting the new lincense option for $70. Assuming the cost for both are the same...

Originally Posted by stanngg
$70
That is what it just cost me. I am running unattached this season, but I don't see why that would make a difference.

Originally Posted by danfoz

That is what it just cost me. I am running unattached this season, but I don't see why that would make a difference.
Yeah, I don't know why I thought it was less for renewal. Team or unattached...oh well, let me drop this 70.

Originally Posted by stanngg
Is the renewal cost the same as the new lincense cost? Trying to renew my lincense but only getting the new lincense option for $70. Assuming the cost for both are the same...
Thats pretty cheap, it costs us about $250 here.

Originally Posted by steve

yep and we probably don't get any extra benefits compared to you guys.
You mean like the included $5000 deductible medical insurance coverage, which essentially means one has to get completely messed up in a crash before any coverage kicks in.

Interestingly while the policy covers riders in an accident during a USAC event or training program, there is an exclusion policy in the case of a declared or undeclared war :p

danfoz said:
You mean like the included $5000 deductible medical insurance coverage, which essentially means one has to get completely messed up in a crash before any coverage kicks in. Interestingly while the policy covers riders in an accident during a USAC event or training program, there is an exclusion policy in the case of a declared or undeclared war :p
You haven't kept up with medical costs. $5000 can be ****** away quickly, especially if you live in area where the costs are higher.

Originally Posted by alienator

You haven't kept up with medical costs. $5000 can be ****** away quickly, especially if you live in area where the costs are higher.
You are correct, a broken bone requiring medical attention could easily rack up $20,000 in medical expenses, however it would be entirely plausible to spend the night in a hospital for monitoring after a concussion for less than $5000 (including the ambulance ride).

Meh...$5K? Cat. 5's are competing on bikes that cost more than that. BEFORE the SRM and $2000 Zipps were added on.

I think the USCF/USAC insurance is pretty good. Personal HC will pick up some of costs and failing that, Obummer Care will give you a free ride (if you didn't shoot your wad on a Dogma F2.714 IThinkICan 2.3 and only saved enough for your Bronze Plan).

Remember, If you currently have a personal race health insurance plan and you like it, you can keep it! I promise!

Or not.

Correction my license fee was $315 plus the club membership, so about $350.

Wow...free post-race massage from curvaceous girls recruited off the beach?

Does your $315 (so...like $100 U.S.!) at least buy you closed roads to race on? For $70 I get to dodge Dodges and come to near stops at unmarshalled intersections. There's usually an ambulance or EMT squad onsite or on course, but not always.

We also have the option of buying a Day License...good for only that event at a cost not to exceed $15.

Complete license costs for all USAC categories: https://www.usacycling.org/2014-schedule-of-fees.htm

I thought day licenses were only available for those racing in the bikeageddon bunch (Cat 5)?

Originally Posted by swampy1970
I thought day licenses were only available for those racing in the bikeageddon bunch (Cat 5)?
They is. One of my buds is thinking of doing as much for Battenkill however despite my warnings I'm not sure he's taking prep very seriously, the downside of which may include riding solo for 60 of the 65 miles.

Day licenses can be issued to 4's. While the rule states only men Cat. 5 and women Cat. 4 are eligible, I've watched organizers and refs sign in men Cat. 4's on the One-Day.