Race Radios

Pureshot78

Oct 7, 2004
I've been hunting around the internet looking for the best radio to use for racing situations. I've found that Midland radios makes some good stuff, but I wonder if their earpieces and microphones would perform in racing situations.

Does anyone have any experience with race radios?

Please share brands used, when you used them (what 'era' if applicable), and how they performed.

http://www.midlandradio.com

I'm probably most interested in the earpiece / microphone performance but of course i couldn't want to carry a large radio.

Unless you belong to a pro team save your money. You will most likely not be allowed to use them. If the race is a USCF (USA cycling) sponsored race only the pro field riders are allowed to have any ear piece at all on. If you are caught with an earbud - be it a race radio or even just an ipod you get a warning if you are lucky or kicked out if they are not feeling charitable.

Eden said:
Unless you belong to a pro team save your money. You will most likely not be allowed to use them. If the race is a USCF (USA cycling) sponsored race only the pro field riders are allowed to have any ear piece at all on. If you are caught with an earbud - be it a race radio or even just an ipod you get a warning if you are lucky or kicked out if they are not feeling charitable.
Thanks, I'll take that into consideration.

Would still appreciate your experiences, so please share.