Race ready bike for $3000

Gustaf

Aug 16, 2003
Race ready bike for $3000, do they exist? Could you give me some suggestions in this price range? My friend and I were having a discussion about this today, just wondering what you guys have in mind.

How about the 2003 Merckx Race model......nearl identical to the SC model, just a little cheaper. A very capable bike

the new giant tcr range are probably the best value for money.....and you can race them no problems

merida are well priced for $3000 AUSD i would try to get a chours or ulterga bike trek though good are dear same with cannondale good but dear but not any better than a merida or giant.
i brought my Merida Gross venus C7 carbon frame buit up with complete Campagnolo record and ergo brain with light weight velocity areo head rims sap spokes and record hubs for $4000 and it's A1 class le Tour De France ready

You can race a $1000 beater and win ............. I can attest to that ......

It's not about equipment ...... people need to get that out of their head.

You can get a VERY nice bike for 3 grand ............

The TCR composite series are very bad azz ....... and light.

Unless you are a Cat. 1/2 and you are looking to get a pro ride, or if you just feel like bling blinging .......... you really don't NEED a $3000 bike.

Specialized Tarmac Pro. Maybe an 04 Specialized S-Works E5. Felt will carry a race-ready bike in that price range. $3k is a LOT of bike.