Race Report: New Bedford 1/2

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Cleveland Steam, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Marathon, not IM.

Great weather this year, 60 F and sunny skies. 1500 runners, and perhaps a surprise 2nd place
    finisher Eddy Hallybuck (40+) in 1:08 and change.

You should definitely check out this race, it is a great place to run a good time in the early
    season, since the field is usually pretty stacked as a lot of people use this for a Boston Marathon
    tune up. Almost 200 runners did this race at under 7:00 pace. I was welcomed back to the world of
    pain that is racing and remembered why I have run several halves, but have not bothered to go the
    full distance. Of course my longest run of the season so far had only been 10 miles, so I should
    have expected the pain. Great post race meal, home made fish chowder and fish sandwiches. This is my
    second straight year and I am hooked, no pun intended.

A few observations. I saw a few other triathletes, whom I recognized by the tri shorts they were
    wearing for this race. Why not wear something more comfortable like running shorts for a race, that
    does not involve biking or swimming, could not quite figure that one out.

Tags:

2. Brother Steamer,

Some of our multisport brethren enjoy the support afforded by a tighter garment. That is why, my
    son, they don't wear running shorts. Take care to protect your package, my boy.

Don't let your dingle-dangle dingle in the dirt. Pick up your dingle-dangle and tuck it in with your
    shirt. Fr. Guido wants your dingle-dangle to stay firm and supported so it'll last a long time. A
    floppy dingle-dangle is no fun for anyone, especially on 42km run. Take care of your boys.

Fr. Guido

"Cleveland Steamer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Marathon, not IM.
    >
    > Great weather this year, 60 F and sunny skies. 1500 runners, and perhaps a surprise 2nd place
    > finisher Eddy Hallybuck (40+) in 1:08 and change.
    >
    > You should definitely check out this race, it is a great place to run a good time in the early
    > season, since the field is usually pretty stacked as a lot of people use this for a Boston
    > Marathon tune up. Almost 200 runners did this race at under 7:00 pace. I was welcomed back to the
    > world of pain that is racing and remembered why I have run several halves, but have not bothered
    > to go the full distance. Of course my longest run of the season so far had only been 10 miles, so
    > I should have expected the pain. Great post race meal, home made fish chowder and fish sandwiches.
    > This is my second straight year and I am hooked, no pun intended.
    >
    > A few observations. I saw a few other triathletes, whom I recognized by the tri shorts they were
    > wearing for this race. Why not wear something more comfortable like running shorts for a race,
    > that does not involve biking or swimming, could not quite figure that one out.