General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Race Report: Seal Beach 10K

Started by Eduardo Suasteg · · Last activity · 1 post · 990 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
14 September 2003
Last activity
14 September 2003
Original author
Eduardo Suasteg
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
990
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Against the better judgement of those here who would counsel me to not run given the slight Achilles
    strain I have struggled for a week, and with much trepidation, I went ahead and participated in this
    year's Seal Beach 5K/10K event. The strain held steady, only bothering me on a couple of occassions.
    My overall time, 57:34:22 was not a PR (in fact, 3 sec slower than my worst 10K time), but
    respectable since my PR, on this same race last year, was
    56:15:44. Not bad considering I was running tentatively and two of the miles featured significant
    head winds.

    As for the race, I truly enjoyed its local flavor and smaller crowds (2,000 altogether for the 5 and
    10K events). I love how it ends by the peer and how I can cool down as I look over the Seal Beach
    Peer and the Pacific ocean, and the breezes (strong ones, this year) that welcome you there.
    Definitely a must-do-again race.

    Now, for a week of rest and/or cross-training on the stationary bike and see how this thing feels a
    week from now.

    --
    ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º Eduardo Suastegui "Test everything.
    Hold on to the good." (remove '701' when replying via e-mail)
    ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.