Race Types

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Denunzio, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Denunzio

    Denunzio Guest

    Just developing an interest in cycling, and I was hoping someone could tell me what those
    abbreviations for the different types of races mean. I've figured that "GT" means "Grand Tour", like
    the Tour de France. What about the numeric ones, like "1.2" or "2.3"?

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Jiyang Chen

    Jiyang Chen Guest

    1.x are one day races. 2.x are stage races. WC are World Cup races.
    "denunzio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:66y%[email protected]...
    > Just developing an interest in cycling, and I was hoping someone could
    tell
    > me what those abbreviations for the different types of races mean.
    I've
    > figured that "GT" means "Grand Tour", like the Tour de France. What
    about
    > the numeric ones, like "1.2" or "2.3"?
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. WC World Cup
    1. and 2.HC: Hors (=extra) categorie.

    importance goes further down over the .1 .2 .3 lower numbers are not for the top pro peloton.

    these categories correspond with the world rankings points scale, which is explained at
    www.cycling4all.com