Raceline Giro

Deano

Guest
Looking a purchasing some new wheels,

LBS has shown me a Raceline Giro 105 10 Speed groupset, for $1499,
Anyone have any views on Racline. Any other views on bikes with
similair specs & $, would be greatly appreciated. Looking to use it for
beginer Tri's, but not after Tri Specific bike at the moment,
I am located in Perth, any other Bike Shops people could suggest.

Thanks

that sounds ok for 10sp 105. The group-set alone sells for about $1100.
Is it full 105?

There are several Asain-made, alu frames which, in my opinion, are pretty much identical in quality and value, such as the 'introduction' models sold by GT, Raceline, Diamondback, Gitane, Cytek, Norco, Merida, etc.

531Aussie said:
that sounds ok for 10sp 105. The group-set alone sells for about $1100.
Is it full 105?

There are several Asian-made, alu frames which, in my opinion, are pretty much identical in quality and value, such as the 'introduction' models sold by GT, Raceline, Diamondback, Gitane, Cytek, Norco, Merida, etc.
add to that Scattane, some Orbea models all "reputed" to come from the same factory...

Generally these 105 specs are a mix of low end stuff with a bit of 105 tossed in

Cranks/Chainrings likely generic, same as front & rear derailleurs and brakes...may get just the 105 brake lever/shifter combo and a 10spd 105 cassette...

Fuji also have a good set up for similar $$s

for $3-400 more you will get a much better spec - particularly in the frame
and wheels dept

the option below is unlikely to be full 105 unless a) it is 1+ seasons
oldstock; or b) the frame and wheel quality is a compromise

"Deano" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looking a purchasing some new wheels,
>
> LBS has shown me a Raceline Giro 105 10 Speed groupset, for $1499,
> Anyone have any views on Racline. Any other views on bikes with
> similair specs & $, would be greatly appreciated. Looking to use it for
> beginer Tri's, but not after Tri Specific bike at the moment,
> I am located in Perth, any other Bike Shops people could suggest.
>
> Thanks

Thanks For Input,

FYI - is the 2006 Model , Except for Crankset & BB ( Truative Elita)
bike is full 105 Spec. with Shimano R-550 wheels & hubs.

Cheers

Deano wrote:
> Looking a purchasing some new wheels,
>
> LBS has shown me a Raceline Giro 105 10 Speed groupset, for $1499,
> Anyone have any views on Racline.

Yep. Try and swap a rear tyre while it's inflated.

Unless they fixed it in the larger size frames, that's one *dumb* frame
design.

Raceline is Apollo, btw, in case you were wondering.