RacerX Ti Exogrid Vs SC Blur

windsplitter

Apr 6, 2004
Am currently riding a Blur which has never let me down but have been hearing alot of good things about the Racer X Exogrid.

What are the the pros and cons between both frames, their advantages over each other and is it great enough a difference to change over to the Exogrid?

Originally posted by windsplitter
Am currently riding a Blur which has never let me down but have been hearing alot of good things about the Racer X Exogrid.

What are the the pros and cons between both frames, their advantages over each other and is it great enough a difference to change over to the Exogrid?

The Blur is a smoother bike with more travel. The RX is a pretty standard race bike type. Its extremely efficient although both of them are. The racer X is a bit more nimble since it has considerably shorter chainstays and is overeal steeper as far as the tube angle are concerned making it a very nimble bike. The blur is a more forgiving bike but not as quick handling in some aspects. Both are top notch bikes and as far as quality, durability and strengh the RX is a better bike. Personally though I consider the exogrid to be a terrible waste of money. Its about $3K for just the frame and really doesn't offer much over the standard Ti version which is $2K. Honestly I would recommend the aluminum version which is $1600. Titanium is nice for hardtails but its mainly a gimmick with FS bikes. Al is simply a better material for most FS applications.

Originally posted by Hecubus
The Blur is a smoother bike with more travel. The RX is a pretty standard race bike type. Its extremely efficient although both of them are. The racer X is a bit more nimble since it has considerably shorter chainstays and is overeal steeper as far as the tube angle are concerned making it a very nimble bike. The blur is a more forgiving bike but not as quick handling in some aspects. Both are top notch bikes and as far as quality, durability and strengh the RX is a better bike. Personally though I consider the exogrid to be a terrible waste of money. Its about $3K for just the frame and really doesn't offer much over the standard Ti version which is $2K. Honestly I would recommend the aluminum version which is $1600. Titanium is nice for hardtails but its mainly a gimmick with FS bikes. Al is simply a better material for most FS applications.

This is probably one of the more down to earth opinions between the two frames that i have seen. thanks!