Rachael Ray frittata a bust

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ntantiques, Apr 9, 2004.

  1. Ntantiques

    Ntantiques Guest

    Am hosting the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt and brunch this
    Sunday for about 16 adults and various munchkins. The
    grownups sip Mimosas and Bloody Marys while the kids do
    their thing. Thought I'd do an easy buffet with muffins,
    fresh fruits, and a couple of frittatas - one with
    mushrooms, chives, and Asiago and another with apple smoked
    bacon & Gruyere. For a little variety I thought I'd throw in
    one I saw on Rachael Ray's 30 Minute meals this week. Did a
    test run on it last night. Glad I did - it was just awful.
    For any among you tempted to try her Egg Pasta Frittata
    using the recipe on the Food TV website, try at your own
    risk...following her recipe exactly, I ended up with a
    barely edible rubbery hockey puck...think noodle casserole
    thats been reheated one too many times.

    TV recipe called for 12 oz. of fettuccini, cooked al dente,
    1C cream, 1 C grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and 12 eggs - it
    looked awfully dry going in. She called for cooking it at
    425 for 10 minutes - isn't that awfully hot for eggs? I do
    my other fritattas in the oven in a large cast iron skillet
    for 10-15 min at 350 and start out with a soupier egg/cream
    mixture with great results.

    Anybody have a good frittata recipe to balance out my menu?

    NT

    Tags:

  2. Louis Cohen

    Louis Cohen Guest

    Tortilla Española

    2 lbs (or a little less) potatoes, quartered and sliced thin
    1/2 medium onion, diced 6 eggs

    Heat a 10" skillet/omelet pan (ie rounded sides) over low
    heat and add some olive oil. Cook the potatoes slowly in the
    oil (don't brown them) 10-15 minutes Add the onion to teh
    potatoes, and some salt and cook another 10-15 minutes until
    teh potatoes are tender

    Meanwhile beat the eggs with a little salt.

    When the potatoes are done, add to the eggs and mix well

    Make sure the pan is clean and slick, add some oil, and heat
    to medium. Add the potato-egg mixture, and shake the pan
    occasionally to keep it from sticking; cover the pan to help
    cook the egg through. run a spatula under the eggs to make
    sure they haven't stuck. When the egg has set (5-8 minutes),
    cover the pan with the cover or a plate, and flip it over
    (so that the stuff in teh pan is now upside down on the
    plate. Add more oil to teh pan if necessary and slide the
    tortilla back into teh pan to cook the other side (3 minutes
    or so). Do the plate flip thing again. Let it rest a awhile
    and serve warm or room temp (great for picnics).

    The original recipe from Janet mendel's _My Kitchen in
    Spain_ is just potatoes, onions, and eggs. I like to cut
    back on teh potatoes, and add some color with diced bell
    peppers and/or parsley. You can probably also get more eggs
    into a 10" pan, but getting it to set well enough to flip
    can be tricky.

    ----------------
    ----
    Louis Cohen Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8'
    42.8"

    "NTANTIQUES" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Am hosting the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt and brunch
    > this Sunday for
    about 16
    > adults and various munchkins. The grownups sip Mimosas and
    > Bloody Marys
    while
    > the kids do their thing. Thought I'd do an easy buffet
    > with muffins, fresh fruits, and a couple of frittatas -
    > one with mushrooms, chives, and
    Asiago and
    > another with apple smoked bacon & Gruyere. For a little
    > variety I thought
    I'd
    > throw in one I saw on Rachael Ray's 30 Minute meals this
    > week. Did a test
    run
    > on it last night. Glad I did - it was just awful. For any
    > among you
    tempted to
    > try her Egg Pasta Frittata using the recipe on the Food TV
    > website, try at
    your
    > own risk...following her recipe exactly, I ended up with a
    > barely edible rubbery hockey puck...think noodle casserole
    > thats been reheated one too
    many
    > times.
    >
    > TV recipe called for 12 oz. of fettuccini, cooked al
    > dente, 1C cream, 1
    > grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and 12 eggs - it looked
    > awfully dry going
    in.
    > She called for cooking it at 425 for 10 minutes - isn't
    > that awfully hot
    for
    > eggs? I do my other fritattas in the oven in a large cast
    > iron skillet
    for
    > 10-15 min at 350 and start out with a soupier egg/cream
    > mixture with great results.
    >
    > Anybody have a good frittata recipe to balance out
    > my menu?
    >
    > NT

  3. "NTANTIQUES" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Anybody have a good frittata recipe to balance out
    > my menu?

    Something green soundsgood for balance. I like Marcella
    Hazan's zucchini frittata from Essentials of Italian
    Cooking...lots of fresh basil and parmesan. It has gone over
    very well the times I've served it to guests. Of course, an
    asparagus frittata would be nice for spring. I don't have a
    particular recipe, though.

    Chris

  4. Roy Batty

    Roy Batty Guest

    [email protected] (NTANTIQUES) wrote:

    >For a little variety I thought I'd throw in one I saw on
    >Rachael Ray's 30 Minute meals this week. Did a test run on
    >it last night. Glad I did - it was just awful. For any
    >among you tempted to try her Egg Pasta Frittata using the
    >recipe on the Food TV website, try at your own
    >risk...following her recipe exactly, I ended up with a
    >barely edible rubbery hockey puck...think noodle casserole
    >thats been reheated one too many times.

    I am not surprised.

    Let me ask you something. Did you do it in 30 minutes? That
    show is a load of crap as far as that is concerned. I have
    tried a number of her recipes. NONE of them can be done in
    30 minutes. Some of them are very tasty, but no way they can
    be done in 30 minutes. I just can't believe they have the
    balls to say you can do what she does in 30 minutes. I have
    noticed that everytime she goes to turn on the oven, she
    will place her hand on the oven thermostat but it doesn't
    move. She fakes it. When she goes to the fridge or pantry
    everything is right there waiting for her. They do a good
    job of planning out everything for her, and I'm sure they do
    some serious editing, too.

    I think she is cute and she does do a good job of quickly
    putting everything together, but it's not realistic for most
    of us. She must have a large staff that plans everything out
    for her. She probably even practices the episodes. No way
    she thought all that out herself, but she sure loves to brag
    on herself and take credit for eveything.

    And I have really become annoyed with some of the things she
    says. "How cool is that, huh?" She brags way too much, and
    she comes off very unpolished with some of her boastings.
    "COOL!" "NIIIIIIIIIIIICE!" for example.

  5. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On 10 Apr 2004 00:45:18 GMT, [email protected] (NTANTIQUES)
    wrote:

    >Am hosting the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt and brunch this
    >Sunday for about 16 adults and various munchkins. The
    >grownups sip Mimosas and Bloody Marys while the kids do
    >their thing. Thought I'd do an easy buffet with muffins,
    >fresh fruits, and a couple of frittatas - one with
    >mushrooms, chives, and Asiago and another with apple smoked
    >bacon & Gruyere. For a little variety I thought I'd throw
    >in one I saw on Rachael Ray's 30 Minute meals this week.
    >Did a test run on it last night. Glad I did - it was just
    >awful. For any among you tempted to try her Egg Pasta
    >Frittata using the recipe on the Food TV website, try at
    >your own risk...following her recipe exactly, I ended up
    >with a barely edible rubbery hockey puck...think noodle
    >casserole thats been reheated one too many times.
    >
    >TV recipe called for 12 oz. of fettuccini, cooked al dente,
    >1C cream, 1 C grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and 12 eggs - it
    >looked awfully dry going in. She called for cooking it at
    >425 for 10 minutes - isn't that awfully hot for eggs? I do
    >my other fritattas in the oven in a large cast iron skillet
    >for 10-15 min at 350 and start out with a soupier egg/cream
    >mixture with great results.

    I would also cook the pasta past al dente. I doubt it would
    cook much more in the oven under those conditions.

  6. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

    On 2004-04-10, Roy Batty <[email protected]> wrote:

    > And I have really become annoyed with some of the
    > things....

    Chill, Roy ...it's only tv.

    nb

  7. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Roy Batty wrote:

    > I have noticed that everytime she goes to turn on the
    > oven, she will place her hand on the oven thermostat but
    > it doesn't move. She fakes it.

    I will have to watch for that next time!

    > When she goes to the fridge or pantry everything is right
    > there waiting for her.

    Just makes me shake my head. Open the refrigerator, the two
    things she needs are front and center. Then she does that
    annoying, save a trip and pick up the stuff out of the
    pantry, open the door, there's the spice and the beans
    (whatever) sitting there front and center.

    I don't know about anyone else, but I have to look for the
    ingredients/spices/etc.

    > And I have really become annoyed with some of the things
    > she says. "How cool is that, huh?" She brags way too much,
    > and she comes off very unpolished with some of her
    > boastings. "COOL!" "NIIIIIIIIIIIICE!" for example.

    She's extremely repetitive. Doesn't someone with the show's
    producers (this is true of other shows, as well, that I can
    think of) have her sit down and watch her show and say, do
    you realize you said EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil eight times
    in one episode, and why do you say both, just pick one?

    I wouldn't mind if she didn't say garlic overboard!! (giggle
    giggle) ever again, either. Eh, I would just think they'd
    have production meetings where it would be someone's job to
    occasionally mention what she could change.

    nancy

  8. Jimlane

    Jimlane Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:

    > Roy Batty wrote:
    >

    >>I have noticed that everytime she goes to turn on the
    >>oven, she will place her hand on the oven thermostat but
    >>it doesn't move. She fakes it.
    >

    > I will have to watch for that next time!
    >

    >>When she goes to the fridge or pantry everything is right
    >>there waiting for her.
    >

    > Just makes me shake my head. Open the refrigerator, the
    > two things she needs are front and center. Then she does
    > that annoying, save a trip and pick up the stuff out of
    > the pantry, open the door, there's the spice and the beans
    > (whatever) sitting there front and center.
    >
    > I don't know about anyone else, but I have to look for the
    > ingredients/spices/etc.
    >

    >>And I have really become annoyed with some of the things
    >>she says. "How cool is that, huh?" She brags way too much,
    >>and she comes off very unpolished with some of her
    >>boastings. "COOL!" "NIIIIIIIIIIIICE!" for example.
    >

    > She's extremely repetitive. Doesn't someone with the
    > show's producers (this is true of other shows, as well,
    > that I can think of) have her sit down and watch her show
    > and say, do you realize you said EVOO Extra Virgin Olive
    > Oil eight times in one episode, and why do you say both,
    > just pick one?
    >
    > I wouldn't mind if she didn't say garlic overboard!!
    > (giggle giggle) ever again, either. Eh, I would just
    > think they'd have production meetings where it would
    > be someone's job to occasionally mention what she
    > could change.
    >
    > nancy

    Perhaps they have. However, despite your comment, do you
    still watch it? That is the point.

    jim

  9. Steve Ritter

    Steve Ritter Guest

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:52:10 -0400, Nancy Young <[email protected]>
    Interjected.. :

    > Roy Batty wrote:
    >
    > > I have noticed that everytime she goes to turn on the
    > > oven, she will place her hand on the oven thermostat but
    > > it doesn't move. She fakes it.
    >
    > I will have to watch for that next time!
    >
    > > When she goes to the fridge or pantry everything is
    > > right there waiting for her.
    >
    > Just makes me shake my head. Open the refrigerator, the
    > two things she needs are front and center. Then she does
    > that annoying, save a trip and pick up the stuff out of
    > the pantry, open the door, there's the spice and the beans
    > (whatever) sitting there front and center.
    >
    > I don't know about anyone else, but I have to look for the
    > ingredients/spices/etc.
    >
    > > And I have really become annoyed with some of the things
    > > she says. "How cool is that, huh?" She brags way too
    > > much, and she comes off very unpolished with some of her
    > > boastings. "COOL!" "NIIIIIIIIIIIICE!" for example.
    >
    > She's extremely repetitive. Doesn't someone with the
    > show's producers (this is true of other shows, as well,
    > that I can think of) have her sit down and watch her show
    > and say, do you realize you said EVOO Extra Virgin Olive
    > Oil eight times in one episode, and why do you say both,
    > just pick one?
    >
    > I wouldn't mind if she didn't say garlic overboard!!
    > (giggle giggle) ever again, either. Eh, I would just
    > think they'd have production meetings where it would
    > be someone's job to occasionally mention what she
    > could change.
    >
    > nancy

    The time I'd stop watching Food TV if she had a guest
    appearance on Emeril and they'd cook together.

    BAM! (giggle giggle) EVOO BAM! .. Cool!

    It would make me watch mountain goats mating for the
    zillionth time on the Animal channel.

    Steve

    Buffering... _69%_ |||||||||||||||||||

  10. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Roy Batty wrote:
    >
    >> I have noticed that everytime she goes to turn on the
    >> oven, she will place her hand on the oven thermostat but
    >> it doesn't move. She fakes it.
    >
    >I will have to watch for that next time!
    >
    >> When she goes to the fridge or pantry everything is right
    >> there waiting for her.
    >
    >Just makes me shake my head. Open the refrigerator, the two
    >things she needs are front and center. Then she does that
    >annoying, save a trip and pick up the stuff out of the
    >pantry, open the door, there's the spice and the beans
    >(whatever) sitting there front and center.
    >
    >I don't know about anyone else, but I have to look for the
    >ingredients/spices/etc.

    One of the most amazing things about my new refrigerator is
    that I open the door and what I'm looking for is right
    there. I think it's because the fresh food compartment is
    shallower than my old one whereas the door shelves are
    deeper. The net result is that things don't get lost. Also,
    it's a side-by-side so I can put stuff right at eye level.
    My old refrigerator was a "freezer on top" and the fresh
    food area was a deep cavern that I had to bend over to mine
    for stuff.

  11. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    JimLane wrote:

    > Nancy Young wrote:

    > > She's extremely repetitive. Doesn't someone with the
    > > show's producers (this is true of other shows, as well,
    > > that I can think of) have her sit down and watch her
    > > show and say, do you realize you said EVOO Extra Virgin
    > > Olive Oil eight times in one episode, and why do you say
    > > both, just pick one?
    > >
    > > I wouldn't mind if she didn't say garlic overboard!!
    > > (giggle giggle) ever again, either. Eh, I would just
    > > think they'd have production meetings where it would be
    > > someone's job to occasionally mention what she could
    > > change.

    > Perhaps they have. However, despite your comment, do you
    > still watch it? That is the point.

    No, not really, but it is on in the background sometimes.
    But you could watch a show from any given time and it's the
    same thing, over and over. That's how shows die. If I was in
    the producer's place, I'd try to keep it fresh. Whatever
    show that might be.

    nancy

  12. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Curly Sue wrote:

    > On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:52:10 -0400, Nancy Young

    > >Just makes me shake my head. Open the refrigerator, the
    > >two things she needs are front and center. Then she does
    > >that annoying, save a trip and pick up the stuff out of
    > >the pantry, open the door, there's the spice and the
    > >beans (whatever) sitting there front and center.
    > >
    > >I don't know about anyone else, but I have to look for
    > >the ingredients/spices/etc.
    >
    > One of the most amazing things about my new refrigerator
    > is that I open the door and what I'm looking for is
    > right there. I think it's because the fresh food
    > compartment is shallower than my old one whereas the
    > door shelves are deeper. The net result is that things
    > don't get lost. Also, it's a side-by-side so I can put
    > stuff right at eye level.

    That was a requirement when I replaced my refrigerator. I
    want to say my new refrigerator, but it's gotta be going on
    three years old now. Side by side, big, and *clear* drawers.
    My old side by had smoked drawers, I lost stuff in there all
    the time. Managed to find them when they had liquidized.

    I wouldn't have anything but a side by side, assuming I had
    a choice, for a miriad of reasons. So I can't spell miriad,
    so what!? (laugh) Cannot stand top freezers, the stuff would
    just get all jammed in there and slide out onto me just to
    piss me off.

    nancy

  13. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:

    > I wouldn't have anything but a side by side, assuming I
    > had a choice, for a miriad of reasons. So I can't spell
    > miriad, so what!? (laugh) Cannot stand top freezers, the
    > stuff would just get all jammed in there and slide out
    > onto me just to piss me off.

    We had a side by side and hated it. I have to admit that it
    was easier to find things, but that is likely because it
    just wasn't big enough for some things. I prefer a top or
    bottom freezer because the shelves are wider and you can
    pack more into them.

  14. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Dave Smith wrote:

    > Nancy Young wrote:
    >
    > > I wouldn't have anything but a side by side, assuming I
    > > had a choice, for a miriad of reasons. So I can't spell
    > > miriad, so what!? (laugh) Cannot stand top freezers, the
    > > stuff would just get all jammed in there and slide out
    > > onto me just to piss me off.
    >
    > We had a side by side and hated it. I have to admit that
    > it was easier to find things, but that is likely because
    > it just wasn't big enough for some things. I prefer a top
    > or bottom freezer because the shelves are wider and you
    > can pack more into them.

    Oh, I can pack anything into my shelves, and it wasn't much
    worse when I only had a 19 whatever cubic sf side by side.
    A turkey, no problem. Stacks of tilia'd meat, no problem.
    Then there is the appearance of those huge doors on
    top/bottom freezers with those huge doors, and how far they
    swing into the room.

    I had plenty of top freezers in my life and I still don't
    see how one can fit more in them. I'm not being
    argumentative or annoying or anything, I'm just saying, no
    looking back for me.

    Also, as Sue said, the newer models, I can't believe how
    much you can fit into the doors. Woah.

    nancy

  15. Spamtrap

    Spamtrap Guest

    NTANTIQUES said:
    > Am hosting the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt and brunch
    > this Sunday for about 16 adults and various munchkins. The
    > grownups sip Mimosas and Bloody Marys while the kids do
    > their thing. Thought I'd do an easy buffet with muffins,
    > fresh fruits, and a couple of frittatas - one with
    > mushrooms, chives, and Asiago and another with apple
    > smoked bacon & Gruyere. For a little variety I thought I'd
    > throw in one I saw on Rachael Ray's 30 Minute meals this
    > week. Did a test run on it last night. Glad I did - it was
    > just awful. For any among you tempted to try her Egg Pasta
    > Frittata using the recipe on the Food TV website, try at
    > your own risk...following her recipe exactly, I ended up
    > with a barely edible rubbery hockey puck...think noodle
    > casserole thats been reheated one too many times.

    Possible reasons:

    1. your oven is mis calibrated - or you didn't preheat it
    long enough. Also the thermometer if you used one was in
    the wrong position.
    2. The eggs you used are larger or smaller than the ones she
    used on the show.
    3. Your pan is of a different thickness than the one she
    used.
    4. You placed the pan in a different position in the oven
    than she did -
    i.e. the oven shelf., etc.
    5. Your stove top is mis calibrated - or you cooked at the
    wrong temperature/heat setting.
    6. You used a different amount of ingredients that she used.
    7. Your ingredients were at a different temperature when you
    started cooking than hers were at.
    8. being at a different altitude than she is at. 9 You
    didn't cook for the proper amount of time based on the
    above variables.

    Any one or more - possibly all - of the above are possible
    reasons for what you experienced.

  16. Roy Batty

    Roy Batty Guest

    notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 2004-04-10, Roy Batty <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> And I have really become annoyed with some of the
    >> things....
    >
    >Chill, Roy ...it's only tv.

    She is NOT above reproach!

  17. Roy Batty

    Roy Batty Guest

    Nancy Young <[email protected]> wrote:

    >She's extremely repetitive. Doesn't someone with the
    >show's producers (this is true of other shows, as well,
    >that I can think of) have her sit down and watch her show
    >and say, do you realize you said EVOO Extra Virgin Olive
    >Oil eight times in one episode, and why do you say both,
    >just pick one?

    EVOO -- argh, another bad Rachelism. But yeah, you'd think
    someone would break her of some of those bad habits.

    >I wouldn't mind if she didn't say garlic overboard!!
    >(giggle giggle) ever again, either.

    The Betty Rubble giggling drives me crazy, too.

    I still like her and her show. I just think it could be
    improved a bit, and they shouldn't pretend that all that can
    happen in 30 mins.

  18. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

    On 2004-04-11, Roy Batty <[email protected]> wrote:

    > She is NOT above reproach!

    What part of tv isn't?

    nb

  19. Steve Ritter

    Steve Ritter Guest

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:12:21 -0700, SpamTrap <[email protected]>
    Interjected.. :

    > NTANTIQUES said:
    > > Am hosting the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt and brunch
    > > this Sunday for about 16 adults and various munchkins.
    > > The grownups sip Mimosas and Bloody Marys while the kids
    > > do their thing. Thought I'd do an easy buffet with
    > > muffins, fresh fruits, and a couple of frittatas - one
    > > with mushrooms, chives, and Asiago and another with
    > > apple smoked bacon & Gruyere. For a little variety I
    > > thought I'd throw in one I saw on Rachael Ray's 30
    > > Minute meals this week. Did a test run on it last night.
    > > Glad I did - it was just awful. For any among you
    > > tempted to try her Egg Pasta Frittata using the recipe
    > > on the Food TV website, try at your own risk...following
    > > her recipe exactly, I ended up with a barely edible
    > > rubbery hockey puck...think noodle casserole thats been
    > > reheated one too many times.
    > >

    > Possible reasons:
    >
    > 1. your oven is mis calibrated - or you didn't preheat it
    > long enough. Also the thermometer if you used one was
    > in the wrong position.
    > 2. The eggs you used are larger or smaller than the ones
    > she used on the show.
    > 3. Your pan is of a different thickness than the one she
    > used.
    > 4. You placed the pan in a different position in the oven
    > than she did -
    > i.e. the oven shelf., etc.
    > 5. Your stove top is mis calibrated - or you cooked at the
    > wrong temperature/heat setting.
    > 6. You used a different amount of ingredients that she
    > used.
    > 7. Your ingredients were at a different temperature when
    > you started cooking than hers were at.
    > 8. being at a different altitude than she is at. 9 You
    > didn't cook for the proper amount of time based on the
    > above variables.
    >

    > Any one or more - possibly all - of the above are possible
    > reasons for what you experienced.

    By this type of reasoning, no recipe could ever be
    reproduced by anyone. Some of the points certainly have
    merit. But we all have heard of 'bad' recipes. One that
    just simply does not work.

    This may be one of them.

    Steve

    Buffering... _69%_ |||||||||||||||||||

  20. Ntantiques

    Ntantiques Guest

    >Possible reasons:
    >
    >1. your oven is mis calibrated - or you didn't preheat it
    > long enough. Also the thermometer if you used one was in
    > the wrong position.
    >2. The eggs you used are larger or smaller than the ones
    > she used on the show.
    >3. Your pan is of a different thickness than the one
    > she used.
    >4. You placed the pan in a different position in the oven
    > than she did -
    >i.e. the oven shelf., etc.
    >5. Your stove top is mis calibrated - or you cooked at the
    > wrong temperature/heat setting.
    >6. You used a different amount of ingredients that
    > she used.
    >7. Your ingredients were at a different temperature when
    > you started cooking than hers were at.
    >8. being at a different altitude than she is at. 9 You
    > didn't cook for the proper amount of time based on the
    > above variables.
    >

    >Any one or more - possibly all - of the above are possible
    >reasons for what you experienced.

    Reaonable thoughts, but none seem applicable to my
    situation...I know my way around a kitchen & think the
    recipe was either incorrectly transcribed to the FoodTV
    website or just a dud.

    Ended up doing a third frittata with blanched fresh
    asparagus & gruyere...all three turned out beautifully &
    went over like gangbusters with the Easter Brunch bunch.
    Made them last night, wrapped 'em in parchment paper and
    served them up this morning sliced in wedges over an herb
    salad mix from Trader Joe's lightly dressed with my version
    of a dijon vinagrette. Even the kids scarfed 'em up - which
    I considered the ultimate compliment considering each of the
    little ones was hauling around a basket filled with about 12
    pounds of chocolate easter eggs. The weather was fabulous &
    we served in the garden where the lavender is in full bloom
    and the first of the roses have popped. A grand day - good
    food & good company...it doesn't get any better... Thanks to
    all for your suggestions & Happy Easter! NT