Rachael Ray

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Chuck Kopsho, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. Chuck Kopsho

    Chuck Kopsho Guest

    To All:
    I'm just a newbie to the group and wanted to know what y'all thought
    of the cute and irrepressable Miss Rachael Ray. I like her, she's a
    breath of fresh air on Food Network.

    Cheers,
    Chuck Kopsho
    Oceanside, California

    Tags:

  2. Yeff

    Yeff Guest

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:07:08 -0700, Chuck Kopsho wrote:

    > I'm just a newbie to the group and wanted to know what y'all thought
    > of the cute and irrepressable Miss Rachael Ray.

    I send her two or three letters every day and she never answers. I did get
    word about something called a "TRO" but I don't know what that is...

    --

    -Jeff B. (who just realized it's time to try calling Stevie Nicks again)
    zoomie at fastmail dot fm

  3. AlleyGator

    AlleyGator Guest

    [email protected] (Chuck Kopsho) wrote:

    >To All:
    > I'm just a newbie to the group and wanted to know what y'all thought
    >of the cute and irrepressable Miss Rachael Ray. I like her, she's a
    >breath of fresh air on Food Network.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Chuck Kopsho
    > Oceanside, California

    I have to tell ya Chuck - first of all, welcome. You'll find a lot of
    really nice people here and a few "characters", of course - most of
    the time the characters are a whole lot of fun, and pretty nice people
    in their own right. I was a serious viewer of the Food network
    several years ago. These days, I think they're so commecrcial and
    completely full of shit that I rarely turn them on. Rachael, however,
    is sort of an enigma. At first, I liked her a lot, because she was a
    fresh face, and pretty informative in her approach. Then, she got to
    be an enormously abusive kind of loudmouth. IMO only, of course. I'm
    sure it had something to do with what her producers told her she
    needed to change. She seems to have smoothed out her approach these
    days - I'm sure that if I met her in person, I'd probably fall in
    love. She seems to be a genuinely nice, loveable girl. I, obviously,
    don't have my own cooking show. So she must have a real one-up on me,
    eh? Obviously, she's doing something right. And while I haven't ever
    been able to exactly hit that "30-minute" thing, I have tried a number
    of her meals, and without fail, they have all been completely fine.
    And I'm about the biggest food idiot you have ever met.

  4. Nola

    Nola Guest

    On 16-Apr-2005, [email protected] (Chuck Kopsho) wrote:

    > To All:
    > I'm just a newbie to the group and wanted to know what y'all thought
    > of the cute and irrepressable Miss Rachael Ray. I like her, she's a
    > breath of fresh air on Food Network.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Chuck Kopsho
    > Oceanside, California

    She's loved and hated; thought to be cute and ugly, nice body and
    chubby-thighs/too-small-boobs/just-right-boobs, etc. ad nauseum.

    Rather than have everyone post the same old crap about Rachael, please take
    a look at the archive at:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group...81&as_maxd=16&as_maxm=4&as_maxy=2005&safe=off

    or use the small version http://tinyurl.com/dzz87

    "Better Things for Better Living … Through Chemistry." - DuPont, or was it
    Timothy Leary?

  5. L, not -L

    L, not -L Guest

    On 16-Apr-2005, Dog3 <[email protected];ajklsd;ajlds.nutz> wrote:

    > > I send her two or three letters every day and she never answers. I
    > > did get word about something called a "TRO" but I don't know what that
    > > is...
    > >

    > There are hundreds of TRO sites out the with different names. The TRO
    > acronym could stand for anything. Did you ask her a cooking question or
    > were you trying to get into her britches :) Just a guess but I think
    > whoever answered the letter means the TRO search engine at tro.com.
    >
    > Michael

    Based on context, I thought the OP was joking and TRO meant Temporary
    Restraining Order.

    It's a joke. I hope<wink>

  6. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:07:08 -0700, Chuck Kopsho wrote:

    > To All:
    > I'm just a newbie to the group and wanted to know what y'all thought
    > of the cute and irrepressable Miss Rachael Ray. I like her, she's a
    > breath of fresh air on Food Network.

    I think she's absolutely adorable and she inspires my husband to cook,
    so what's not to like about her?

  7. -L.

    -L. Guest

    Someone wrote:
    > She irritates the snot out of me with all of her prattle. She yaps

    like my
    > 16 year old niece does. OTOH, if I overlook her yapping, I do enjoy

    her
    > show. Neither program, 30 Minute Meals or the $40 a day show are

    believable
    > but I do like many of her recipes and I've jotted down some of the

    places
    > she has visited. The food and menus in a lot of places she has

    visited look
    > terrific and I'll try 'em out if I am in whatever city.

    What I can't stand about her are her fake orgasms every time she tastes
    something..."Mmmmmm!" "Ah!" <puke> Well, that and the EVOO thang.

    BTW, M., I know you x-n-a your posts, but I feel compelled to reply to
    so many of them in context. Is it ok if I do so and hide your identity
    as I did here? Or would you rather I not quote you at all? This has
    bugged me...

    -L.

  8. "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:07:08 -0700, Chuck Kopsho wrote:
    >
    >> To All:
    >> I'm just a newbie to the group and wanted to know what y'all thought
    >> of the cute and irrepressable Miss Rachael Ray. I like her, she's a
    >> breath of fresh air on Food Network.
    >>

    > I think she's absolutely adorable and she inspires my husband to cook,
    > so what's not to like about her?

    I agree. I love her accent, and she gets my husband to sit still for half
    an hour and watch a cooking show, so she's ok by me. Of course, we don't
    have cable -- we get to see the show when we stay in hotels, visit my mom,
    or rent a beach house for a week. If we watched her every day, she might
    start getting a little old.

    Chris

  9. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:50:11 GMT, Chris Neidecker wrote:

    > If we watched her every day, she might start getting a little old.

    I like people with upbeat personalities (life's too short). I think
    those who don't like her are basically unhappy people who don't want
    to be reminded that others can walk around without a black cloud
    hanging over their head.

    How hard is it to switch the channel if you're annoyed by what's on
    it? Black Cloud people choose not to switch channels, but they
    complain anyway.

    :)

  10. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2005-04-17, sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:50:11 GMT, Chris Neidecker wrote:

    > those who don't like her are basically unhappy people who don't want
    > to be reminded that others can walk around without a black cloud
    > hanging over their head.

    > it? Black Cloud people choose not to switch channels, but they

    LOL...

    Black Cloud people. I like that. ;)

    nb

  11. Fudge

    Fudge Guest

    One of those broads that was vacinated with a phonograph needle. Yak, Yak,
    Yak. And that stupid tittering laugh. When she is on TV, I switch channels.
    Most of the stuff she eats on TV, I would not feed to my dog.

    Farmer John

    "Chuck Kopsho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > To All:
    > I'm just a newbie to the group and wanted to know what y'all thought
    > of the cute and irrepressable Miss Rachael Ray. I like her, she's a
    > breath of fresh air on Food Network.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Chuck Kopsho
    > Oceanside, California

  12. Tony P.

    Tony P. Guest

    says...
    > [email protected] (Chuck Kopsho) wrote in news:25952-4261463C-
    > [email protected]l-3114.bay.webtv.net:
    >
    > > To All:
    > > I'm just a newbie to the group and wanted to know what y'all thought
    > > of the cute and irrepressable Miss Rachael Ray. I like her, she's a
    > > breath of fresh air on Food Network.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > Chuck Kopsho
    > > Oceanside, California

    > She irritates the snot out of me with all of her prattle. She yaps like my
    > 16 year old niece does. OTOH, if I overlook her yapping, I do enjoy her
    > show. Neither program, 30 Minute Meals or the $40 a day show are believable
    > but I do like many of her recipes and I've jotted down some of the places
    > she has visited. The food and menus in a lot of places she has visited look
    > terrific and I'll try 'em out if I am in whatever city.

    She needs to get in touch with her Italian, and more specifically
    Sicilian roots. Then maybe she it won't look so forced when she smiles
    and prattles on.

  13. "Chuck Kopsho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > To All:
    > I'm just a newbie to the group and wanted to know what y'all thought
    > of the cute and irrepressable Miss Rachael Ray. I like her, she's a
    > breath of fresh air on Food Network.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Chuck Kopsho
    > Oceanside, California

    You'll be happy to know that Nielsen ratings indicate her show most watched
    on Food Network..Not only that, she has a huge and happy audience of kids.
    http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/entertainment/11360233.htm

  14. On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Fudge wrote:

    > Most of the stuff she eats on TV, I would not feed to my dog.
    >
    > Farmer John

    You define arrogance, Farmer.