Racing and Training, the unwritten rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Super Mario" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When I said comfortably, I meant by about 10m. It's not like I had huge gap. But a win is a win. I
> never do any work in a race. I used to and wouldn't have anything left at the end.
>
> But doing bugger all in a race and letting everyone else work is best for me. As Lance say's "It's
> a race, I'm here to win, it's not a popularity contest"
>
>

strange, 'cos Lance don't win by himself, ask him that next time you see him. hang on if you see
him, you'll ride home, don't wanna race quality now, it's all about your 10 bucks..........

well, i cant spak for team racing form my experience so i will just be quiet

good on ya for winning races! they need a stir around here, and self beleif gives you that extra 1%
imho, if you can- do!

chase away, i reckon if you have a team that attacks you while you are off, bugger 'em they deserve
to be an un-team.

usually money is shared by the workers, looks like you might not have been 'in on things and they
may have got a little peeved. when you took their cake! "Super Mario"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
: Andrew,
:
: why shouldn't I chase if I'm not getting anything for sitting back? There have been quite a few
: instances (before I imployed this new tactic) when I have been chase by team mates.
:
: At the end of the race, They just said to me that I was just unlucky! I'm not in the sport to help
: team mates anymore. It might sound harsh, but you don't get recognition for helping a mate win
: when he gets the prize money. I don't think I should pay 10 bucks a week for a race that I have to
: help someone else win.
:
: I have been more succsesful with this new tactic than before I used this system. I might step on a
: few toes, but I'm winning races. I have gone from C grade to A grade in 3 months with this new
: coach. His way might upset some people, but whatever works.
:
: He also told me to jump staright onto a wheel when someone attacks and stay with him, when he
: tires jump off the front. This has worked as well.
:
: I was in a 2 man break not long ago, we had about a 500m lead. I droped off the guy in front by
: about 10m. I figured that he is going to tire at the same rate I am. I sucked down half a bidon of
: Gatorade and sucked on 3 carbo gel packets, when he tired I jumped past him, and won comfortably
: while he got sucked in by the bunch and finished at the back of the pack. :D
:
:
:
: --
: I'm not going to say I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with
anyone who says I am!
:
: >--------------------------<
: Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

> Super Mario wrote:
> > I agree. But I don't see why I should work for someone else's benefit! As I mentioned before
> > "It's a race, I'm there to win, It's not a popuarity contest. If a rider doesn't like the way
> > ride (i ride safe) then that's his problem. If there is a possibiltiy that I would get
> > dropped, then I won't start the race! No use forking out 10 bucks for someone else's wallet!:D
>
> If the feild looks too tough, I won't start! I might get called everything under the sun, butI
> don't care!
>
> The best part, I race club in A-grade, and yet my licence say's
> E-grade. And thats what I enter opens in! Easy 100 bucks!
>

So FOS, your license and my license are the same. There is no provision "Grade" on it. We all belong
to the "Elite" category. And I dunno where you are from, but in Victoria, the biggest cycling state
in Aus, there is no E grade open races. The Melb. Warnambool is an open and only goes down to D.

You may have a sticker, or a drawn in "E grade" on it by your pissy little club, but that's it.

Since you are so FOS, I'll guess what is happening. You think open races are races hosted by
other clubs (which they are not, they are just club races), where you are not known and are
sneaking into E grade (called being a bushranger), riding off the front in E grade, double fist
across the line win.

Now since the racing calendar for these races is by far the biggest in Australia down here in
Victoria, I know who races in E grade in club races. Kids learning on Repcos and old guys out there
having a bash. So congrats on beating them, you da man, in your all white Cipo World Champ kit, your
Rudys, your snarl.........

You don't get a lot of responses to your posts, 'cos we all know you're FOS, only I am dumb enough
to reply.......

"RMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> So FOS, your license and my license are the same. There is no provision "Grade" on it. We all
> belong to the "Elite" category. And I dunno where you are from, but in Victoria, the biggest
> cycling state in Aus, there is no E grade open races. The Melb. Warnambool is an open
and
> only goes down to D.
>
> You may have a sticker, or a drawn in "E grade" on it by your pissy little club, but that's it.
>
> Since you are so FOS, I'll guess what is happening. You think open races are races hosted by other
> clubs (which they are not, they are just club races), where you are not known and are sneaking
> into E grade (called
being
> a bushranger), riding off the front in E grade, double fist across the
line
> win.
>
> Now since the racing calendar for these races is by far the biggest in Australia down here in
> Victoria, I know who races in E grade in club
races.
> Kids learning on Repcos and old guys out there having a bash. So congrats on beating them, you da
> man, in your all white Cipo World Champ kit, your Rudys, your snarl.........
>
> You don't get a lot of responses to your posts, 'cos we all know you're
FOS,
> only I am dumb enough to reply.......
>
>
Hey RMan I think Super Mario must be a particularly unfunny "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" wannabe. He can't
be for real!! Mark Lee

"Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> "RMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > So FOS, your license and my license are the same. There is no provision "Grade" on it. We all
> > belong to the "Elite" category. And I dunno where you are from, but in Victoria, the biggest
> > cycling
state
> > in Aus, there is no E grade open races. The Melb. Warnambool is an open
> and
> > only goes down to D.
> >
> > You may have a sticker, or a drawn in "E grade" on it by your pissy
little
> > club, but that's it.
> >
> > Since you are so FOS, I'll guess what is happening. You think open
races
> > are races hosted by other clubs (which they are not, they are just club races), where you are
> > not known and are sneaking into E grade (called
> being
> > a bushranger), riding off the front in E grade, double fist across the
> line
> > win.
> >
> > Now since the racing calendar for these races is by far the biggest in Australia down here in
> > Victoria, I know who races in E grade in club
> races.
> > Kids learning on Repcos and old guys out there having a bash. So
congrats
> > on beating them, you da man, in your all white Cipo World Champ kit,
your
> > Rudys, your snarl.........
> >
> > You don't get a lot of responses to your posts, 'cos we all know you're
> FOS,
> > only I am dumb enough to reply.......
> >
> >
> Hey RMan I think Super Mario must be a particularly unfunny "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" wannabe. He can't
> be for real!! Mark Lee
>
>

Ahhh, but man does he look good, choppin' up the peleton......

i used to race for many reasons not just winning. it was fun (after the event) of pushing myself to
my limits. winning was secondary. if you race just to win or just for the money you will not be
doing it for long. hang around with the big boys and get goood. a big fish in a small pond is still
a small fish

: And if i happen to race at a different club, I'll go down 2 grades! Who will know? It actually
: doesn't worry me!
:
: I just like winning. If I can't I won't race. It might get up peoples noses.
:
: I was not always with this attitude, but issues arising at my last club changed my mind!
:
:
:
: --
anyone who says I am!
:
anyone who says I am!
:
anyone who says I am!
:
: >--------------------------<
: Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

"RMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> You don't get a lot of responses to your posts, 'cos we all know you're
FOS,
> only I am dumb enough to reply.......

I learnt that one on the 'engineering' thread. He built the Concorde :)

Cheers Peter

Hey cocksnot

Look at The N.S.W. cycling website. There are 4 races here that have grades, an A, B, C, D, E grades!

Victoria isn't the only state Australia! Wake up and mell the coffee!
I only do 3 opens a year and they are the ones that have an E grade! Contact the N.S.W. cycling federation.

This is off the website!!!!!!

look who is a ****** now!!!!!
Mon 9 RANDWICK BOTANY CC Entries Close 23/5/03

Code 084

2003 SNOWY WILSON MEMORIAL CRITERIUM

Heffron Park, Robey St., Maroubra

8:15am E Grade 15mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M
8.45am D Grade 20mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M
9:15am C Grade 25mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M
10:00am Women's B/C/Masters 15km HandicapW/U19W/WMAS
(prizes for 1st unplaced "C" Grade rider & WMAS rider)
10.30am B Grade 30mins + 3 laps Men/Masters/ U19M
11:15am Women's A Grade 25mins + 3laps W/U19W/WMAS
12.30pm A Grade 45 mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M
A Grade - Guaranteed $300 for win plus 4 x $50 primes

Sponsored by
NEWINGTON INN HOTE, PETERSHAM
Prizemoney: Min $2500 Cash and/or Prizes
Entry fee: $20
Information only: Helen Vella (02) 9667 3307 (ah)

Email: [email protected]

So FOS, your license and my license are the same. There is no provision "Grade" on it. We all belong
to the "Elite" category. And I dunno where you are from, but in Victoria, the biggest cycling state
in Aus, there is no E grade open races. The Melb. Warnambool is an open and only goes down to D.

You may have a sticker, or a drawn in "E grade" on it by your pissy little club, but that's it.

Since you are so FOS, I'll guess what is happening. You think open races are races hosted by
other clubs (which they are not, they are just club races), where you are not known and are
sneaking into E grade (called being a bushranger), riding off the front in E grade, double fist
across the line win.

Now since the racing calendar for these races is by far the biggest in Australia down here in
Victoria, I know who races in E grade in club races. Kids learning on Repcos and old guys out there
having a bash. So congrats on beating them, you da man, in your all white Cipo World Champ kit, your
Rudys, your snarl.........

You don't get a lot of responses to your posts, 'cos we all know you're FOS, only I am dumb enough
to reply....... [/B][/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Super Mario
Hey cocksnot

Look at The N.S.W. cycling website. There are 4 races here that have grades, an A, B, C, D, E grades!

Victoria isn't the only state Australia! Wake up and mell the coffee!
I only do 3 opens a year and they are the ones that have an E grade! Contact the N.S.W. cycling federation.

This is off the website!!!!!!

look who is a ****** now!!!!!
Mon 9 RANDWICK BOTANY CC Entries Close 23/5/03

Code 084

2003 SNOWY WILSON MEMORIAL CRITERIUM

Heffron Park, Robey St., Maroubra

8:15am E Grade 15mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M
8.45am D Grade 20mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M
9:15am C Grade 25mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M
10:00am Women's B/C/Masters 15km HandicapW/U19W/WMAS
(prizes for 1st unplaced "C" Grade rider & WMAS rider)
10.30am B Grade 30mins + 3 laps Men/Masters/ U19M
11:15am Women's A Grade 25mins + 3laps W/U19W/WMAS
12.30pm A Grade 45 mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M
A Grade - Guaranteed $300 for win plus 4 x $50 primes

Sponsored by
NEWINGTON INN HOTE, PETERSHAM
Prizemoney: Min $2500 Cash and/or Prizes
Entry fee: $20
Information only: Helen Vella (02) 9667 3307 (ah)

Email: [email protected]

How did everyone race on the weekend. I know I went ok. Did some good training miles also. Got 170km quality, for the weekend.

Saturday, I went all of 400m to heffron, to race in the A grade there! There was a guy from tassie who also registered in A grade, as soon as I found out he was a fairly good rider, I pulled out and just watched the race!

Sunday I went all of 400m again and sat at the back of the vets race, sucked the last guys wheel and had a great training session!

And cocksnot, for your infomation, clubs that have host an open, are actually classified open! They are the ones that have an E grade! I actually don't care if I'm racing a kid on a repco, or an old man going slowly around! It's 100 bucks in my pocket!

Maybe one day I might go up to D grade! But not TODAY!

Well done, I'll concede you have E grade races on your NSW Road calendar.

But, Jesus, a 15 min crit, you champ......... Get serious, that's just a minor support race for the
A grade race. Now if your E grade race was over 45 min plus 3 you may have a chance of convincing
me. Does anyone think a 15 min E grade crit is an "open" event ? Are you telling me you race A
grade at club level, but will enter in E grade at this event ? And you have no qualms about that ?
Dignity ? So FOS.

Sheet, guys who race only the elimination at the Austral don't say they have entered the Austral.
There's plenty of open races that have support events/minor events in Victoria.

But please do not rock up in your Cipo gear, you'll embarrass us all.

And also please tell me where on your license it says you're an E grade racer, 'cos it don't on
mine. Perhaps your Cycling Australia licence has extra categories to show what level you started
club racing in ?

You gotta do a lot more than that to show me you're not FOS.

I really should know better, your probably chuckling of your Dorritos and your coke reading this.

> Hey cocksnot
>
> Look at The N.S.W. cycling website. There are 4 races here that have grades, an A, B, C, D,
> E grades!
>
> Victoria isn't the only state Australia! Wake up and mell the coffee! I only do 3 opens a year and
> they are the ones that have an E grade! Contact the N.S.W. cycling federation.
>
> This is off the website!!!!!!
>
>
>
> look who is a ****** now!!!!! Mon 9 RANDWICK BOTANY CC Entries Close 23/5/03
>
> Code 084
>
> 2003 SNOWY WILSON MEMORIAL CRITERIUM
>
> Heffron Park, Robey St., Maroubra
>
> 8:15am E Grade 15mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M
> 9.45am D Grade 20mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M
> 10:15am C Grade 25mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M
> 11:00am Women's B/C/Masters 15km HandicapW/U19W/WMAS (prizes for 1st unplaced "C" Grade rider &
> WMAS rider)
> 12.30am B Grade 30mins + 3 laps Men/Masters/ U19M
> 13:15am Women's A Grade 25mins + 3laps W/U19W/WMAS
> 14.30pm A Grade 45 mins + 3laps Men/Masters/U19M A Grade - Guaranteed $300 for win plus 4 x $50
> primes
>
> Sponsored by NEWINGTON INN HOTE, PETERSHAM Prizemoney: Min $2500 Cash and/or Prizes Entry fee: $20
> Information only: Helen Vella (02) 9667 3307 (ah)
>
> Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.randwickbotany.com
>
> So FOS, your license and my license are the same. There is no provision "Grade" on it. We all
> belong to the "Elite" category. And I dunno where you are from, but in Victoria, the biggest
> cycling state in Aus, there is no E grade open races. The Melb. Warnambool is an open and only
> goes down to D.
>
> You may have a sticker, or a drawn in "E grade" on it by your pissy little club, but that's it.
>
> Since you are so FOS, I'll guess what is happening. You think open races are races hosted by other
> clubs (which they are not, they are just club races), where you are not known and are sneaking
> into E grade (called being a bushranger), riding off the front in E grade, double fist across the
> line win.
>
> Now since the racing calendar for these races is by far the biggest in Australia down here in
> Victoria, I know who races in E grade in club races. Kids learning on Repcos and old guys out
> there having a bash. So congrats on beating them, you da man, in your all white Cipo World Champ
> kit, your Rudys, your snarl.........
>
> You don't get a lot of responses to your posts, 'cos we all know you're FOS, only I am dumb enough
> to reply.......
>
>
>
> --
> I'm not going to say I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with
anyone who says I am!
>
> I'm not going to say I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with
anyone who says I am!
>
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

I agree it is not much of a race, when you only ride 15 mins. But these poor fools have to start somewhere & if they have this higher belief in themselves well, let them. I dont agree with the wearing of Jersey's such as World Champ or Aussie Champ unless you earnt it.

My best mate is a former Junior World Champ, & good friends of mine are CURRENT World Sprint, Teams & Keiren Champs. I think earn it wear it, dont earn it hang it in you cupboard & admire it. I know what it takes to earn one of these things. Dont disrespect it.

Oh & for the debate of Gradings on Licences, It does show an open grade on most licences, not all. You can find this at the lower right hand side of your licence. When I get my scanner working I will scan a pic.

Cheers
:D

news:[email protected]... [snip]

>
> And cocksnot, for your infomation, clubs that have host an open, are actually classified open!
> They are the ones that have an E grade! I actually don't care if I'm racing a kid on a repco, or
> an old man going slowly around! It's 100 bucks in my pocket!
>

Whatever, champ, whatever.

I officially resign from this thread..........

Hey Super Mario you told me before you race for Marconi and i can guarantee you were there at the race on Saturday :) Why do you feel the need to lie about where you are racing? Are you scared that people are going to work out you arent what you say you are cause frankly noone cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.