Racing and Training, the unwritten rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Mark Lee
Is this Super Mario? http://www.cycle2max.com/c2m/cycling.nsf go to Matthew Tabone?

Mark Lee
No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO!

I would appreciate if you could remove me from being associated with him. I have never met this person. If this is some sort of joke, then it is not very funny.

Can my homepage be removed from this forum? I just had a friend ring me and tell me that my homepage has just been linked to this!

I do not, and will not race and behave like this person says! I do not condone any of the staements he makes.

I am now considering taking action against my name being used in conjunction with this issue>

I am a member of the club Marconi. I have never raced the way he has said. I have only won 1 race this year. I have been racing A grade for the past month and have gotten droped every time! I am enjoying myself racing. I would rather get droped trying to win a race than race the way this person does! This person is a coward.

I have enterd 4 opens, all in the Elite catagory! None of this E grade ****!

I would like to see this person banned from the site!

Originally posted by Rman
Sheet, guys who race only the elimination at the Austral don't say they have entered the Austral.
There's plenty of open races that have support events/minor events in Victoria.

Just to correct you - everyone who enters races the Austral heats a well as the support events. It's not possible to pick and choose, you enter for the carnival and get what you get.

Only about 16 riders out of 160 make the Austral final, yet a lot of people say they raced the Austral.

"Matt Tabone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO! I would like to see this person banned from the site!
>
hmmmm. I think we all wish he'd go away.

Lets put some facts down here. Super Mario's .sig is : 'I'm not going to say I'm the greatest
cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'

Yesterday, the saeco black-lightning clad, cipo worshipping (a-grade!? the photo's title is
'c-grade') Matt Tabone's motto on his own webpage on www.cycle2max.com was: 'I'm not going to say
I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'

What a strange coincidence! What are the chances of that happening?

Then suddenly Matt Tabone suddenly posts on this thread on aus.bicycle after being 'rung up' by a
lurker, to deny he is Super Mario- and today his motto on cycle2max has disappeared?

Cheers Gemma

"Shabby" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Rman wrote:
> > Sheet, guys who race only the elimination at the Austral don't say
they
> > have entered the Austral. There's plenty of open races that have
support
> > events/minor events in Victoria.
>
>
>
> Just to correct you - everyone who enters races the Austral heats a well as the support events.
> It's not possible to pick and choose, you enter for the carnival and get what you get.
>
> Only about 16 riders out of 160 make the Austral final, yet a lot of people say they raced the
> Austral.
>
>

Stand corrected !!

The Plot thickens eh Gemma......

But couldn't Mr Super Mario be a very clever person and have set poor Mr Tabone up? The perfect
crime so to speak.....ummm Super Mario and clever in the same sentence....narrrr I don't think so.

It would appear that you've been caught with your hand in the cookie jar Mr Tabone.....unless as
I've suggested you've been "set up". :eek:) But as the Lovely Ms Gemma has stated the evidence is
mounting and the coincidences are becoming less so.

Best wishes

Detective Colombo ;o)

Gemma Kernich wrote:
>
> "Matt Tabone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO! I would like to see this person banned from the site!
> >
> hmmmm. I think we all wish he'd go away.
>
> Lets put some facts down here. Super Mario's .sig is : 'I'm not going to say I'm the greatest
> cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'
>
> Yesterday, the saeco black-lightning clad, cipo worshipping (a-grade!? the photo's title is
> 'c-grade') Matt Tabone's motto on his own webpage on www.cycle2max.com was: 'I'm not going to say
> I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'
>
> What a strange coincidence! What are the chances of that happening?
>
> Then suddenly Matt Tabone suddenly posts on this thread on aus.bicycle after being 'rung up' by a
> lurker, to deny he is Super Mario- and today his motto on cycle2max has disappeared?
>
> Cheers Gemma

I'm not going to say Matt Tabone is Super Mario, but I won't disagree with anyone who says he is

oh l forgot to add, the line that goes with the picture is "This was taken shortly before I broke
away and stayed away for 4 laps for a huge win!" posted on the 30/04/2003

and both Matthew and Super share the same email forum thingy [email protected]

hahahaha top draw! Champagne comedy Stu! :eek:)

stu wrote:
>
> I'm not going to say Matt Tabone is Super Mario, but I won't disagree with anyone who says he is

"stu" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> oh l forgot to add, the line that goes with the picture is "This was taken shortly before I broke
> away and stayed away for 4 laps for a huge win!" posted on the 30/04/2003

:)

>
> and both Matthew and Super share the same email forum thingy [email protected]

Why, how very perceptive of you stu. The plot thickens further!

Cheers Peter

Originally posted by Peter Signorini
"stu" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> oh l forgot to add, the line that goes with the picture is "This was taken shortly before I broke
> away and stayed away for 4 laps for a huge win!" posted on the 30/04/2003

:)

>
> and both Matthew and Super share the same email forum thingy [email protected]

Why, how very perceptive of you stu. The plot thickens further!

Cheers Peter

Please Read This.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t24154.html

"Matt Tabone" <[email protected]>
> No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO!
>
> I would appreciate if you could remove me from being associated with him. I have never met this
> person. If this is some sort of joke, then it is not very funny.
>
Yes, it is some kind of joke. Question is: who is the joker?

> Can my homepage be removed from this forum? I just had a friend ring me and tell me that my
> homepage has just been linked to this!
>
The message will stay for quite a while but fewer and fewer people will see
it.

> I do not, and will not race and behave like this person says! I do not condone any of the
> staements he makes.
>
Glad to hear it.

> I am now considering taking action against my name being used in conjunction with this issue>
>
How do you explain the coincidences? I found your profile yesterday, totally by accident and notice
you have removed your motto which was identical to Super Mario's.

> I am a member of the club Marconi. I have never raced the way he has said. I have only won 1 race
> this year. I have been racing A grade for the past month and have gotten droped every time! I am
> enjoying myself racing. I would rather get droped trying to win a race than race the way this
> person does! This person is a coward.
>
I agree with you but believe this Super Mario is a fictitious (but very annoying) character rather
like the much funnier "Fabrizio Mazzoleni". Question is: who is the author? You or someone having a
joke (or worse) at your expense.

> I have enterd 4 opens, all in the Elite catagory! None of this E grade ****!
>
> I would like to see this person banned from the site!
>
We (I, Gemma, John Staines and others) would like to see Super Mario leave of his own accord.
Cracking his anonymity is the first step. Let's see if he keeps posting in the future. Mark Lee

To decide for yourself, see the homepage referred to in this thread. It has been removed from
cycle2max.com but can be found cached on Google
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Matthew+Tabone&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=cache:F32XX2Ka-ioJ:www.cycle2max.com/c2m/profiles.nsf/Vprofile/51-
D5425AF9708BEF69256D180002E195%3FOpenDocument+%22Matthew+Tabone%22&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

John Staines wrote:
> The Plot thickens eh Gemma......
>
> But couldn't Mr Super Mario be a very clever person and have set poor Mr Tabone up? The perfect
> crime so to speak.....ummm Super Mario and clever in the same sentence....narrrr I don't think so.
>
> It would appear that you've been caught with your hand in the cookie jar Mr Tabone.....unless as
> I've suggested you've been "set up". :eek:) But as the Lovely Ms Gemma has stated the evidence is
> mounting and the coincidences are becoming less so.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Detective Colombo ;o)
>
> Gemma Kernich wrote:
>
>>"Matt Tabone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO! I would like to see this person banned from the site!
>>>
>>
>>hmmmm. I think we all wish he'd go away.
>>
>>Lets put some facts down here. Super Mario's .sig is : 'I'm not going to say I'm the greatest
>>cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'
>>
>>Yesterday, the saeco black-lightning clad, cipo worshipping (a-grade!? the photo's title is
>>'c-grade') Matt Tabone's motto on his own webpage on www.cycle2max.com was: 'I'm not going to say
>>I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'
>>
>>What a strange coincidence! What are the chances of that happening?
>>
>>Then suddenly Matt Tabone suddenly posts on this thread on aus.bicycle after being 'rung up' by a
>>lurker, to deny he is Super Mario- and today his motto on cycle2max has disappeared?
>>
>>Cheers Gemma

www.randwickbotanycc.com Randwick Botany ??

Super Mario wrote:
> imabuff1 wrote:
> > So what club you in Super Mario. You race much.
>
>
>
> It starts with R, has two words, and the other word is B!
>
> Can anyone guess?
>
>
>
> --
> I'm not going to say I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!
>
> I'm not going to say I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!
>
>
>
>>--------------------------<
>
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

Originally posted by Super Mario
It starts with R, has two words, and the other word is B!

Can anyone guess?

Yet:

http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthread.php?postid=101417#post101417 says

I'm from Sydney Australia. I'm a B grade cyclist and race for the Marconi Cycling Club. I usally try to do about 220km each week.

I don't do alot of kms, but I try to comprimse this by doing quality Kms. I work on time and heart rates.

Mate, you are a tool. Yes, Super Mario is Matt Tabone, member of Marconi and winner of 15 minute crits.

I agree with this comment. I used to be a memeber at randwick-botany, while there course is off-road and clear of traffic, it's gets quite boring if you race there week in and week out!

I am now a memeber of marconi, and I love there course. It is a road course and they have marshels on all major corners which have the power to block traffic so riders can turn safely.

QUOTE]

I'm from Sydney Australia. I'm a B grade cyclist and race for the Marconi Cycling Club. I usally try to do about 220km each week.

I don't do alot of kms, but I try to comprimse this by doing quality Kms. I work on time and heart rates.

You are a tool Matt Tabone. May you win 15 minute crits, for you will be destroyed next time you race anywhere else.

oh not fare, they pulled the thread by the look of it. it was just getting interesting to l wonder
if someone can google it(wouldn't think so) or if it is still no my hard drive somewhere

pulled... thread...get it?? hey its 10am and almost anything will pass for a joke at the minute,
maybe l should start writing for one of the news"shows"

looks like someone might have it in for matt tabone..... "Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
:
: "Matt Tabone" <[email protected]>
: > No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO!
: >
: > I would appreciate if you could remove me from being associated with him. I have never met this
: > person. If this is some sort of joke, then it is not very funny.
: Yes, it is some kind of joke. Question is: who is the joker?
:
: > Can my homepage be removed from this forum? I just had a friend ring me and tell me that my
: > homepage has just been linked to this!
: The message will stay for quite a while but fewer and fewer people will
see
: it.
:
: > I do not, and will not race and behave like this person says! I do not condone any of the
: > staements he makes.
: Glad to hear it.
:
: > I am now considering taking action against my name being used in conjunction with this issue>
: How do you explain the coincidences? I found your profile yesterday, totally by accident and
: notice you have removed your motto which was identical to Super Mario's.
:
: > I am a member of the club Marconi. I have never raced the way he has said. I have only won 1
: > race this year. I have been racing A grade for the past month and have gotten droped every time!
: > I am enjoying myself racing. I would rather get droped trying to win a race than race the way
: > this person does! This person is a coward.
: I agree with you but believe this Super Mario is a fictitious (but very annoying) character rather
: like the much funnier "Fabrizio Mazzoleni". Question is: who is the author? You or someone having
: a joke (or worse)
at
: your expense.
:
: > I have enterd 4 opens, all in the Elite catagory! None of this E grade ****!
: > I would like to see this person banned from the site!
: We (I, Gemma, John Staines and others) would like to see Super Mario leave of his own accord.
: Cracking his anonymity is the first step. Let's see
if
: he keeps posting in the future. Mark Lee
:
:

Mark Lee said:

> We (I, Gemma, John Staines and others) would like to see Super Mario leave of his own accord.
> Cracking his anonymity is the first step. Let's see
if
> he keeps posting in the future.

I wouldn't totally agree with that, I want to see the result of his road test with his handmade
190mm cranks!

Gemma

Status
Not open for further replies.