Racing and Training, the unwritten rules

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Super Mario, Apr 22, 2003.

  1. Matt Tabone

    Matt Tabone New Member

    Joined:
    May 5, 2003
    No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO!

    I would appreciate if you could remove me from being associated with him. I have never met this person. If this is some sort of joke, then it is not very funny.

    Can my homepage be removed from this forum? I just had a friend ring me and tell me that my homepage has just been linked to this!

    I do not, and will not race and behave like this person says! I do not condone any of the staements he makes.

    I am now considering taking action against my name being used in conjunction with this issue>

    I am a member of the club Marconi. I have never raced the way he has said. I have only won 1 race this year. I have been racing A grade for the past month and have gotten droped every time! I am enjoying myself racing. I would rather get droped trying to win a race than race the way this person does! This person is a coward.

    I have enterd 4 opens, all in the Elite catagory! None of this E grade shit!

    I would like to see this person banned from the site!

  2. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Just to correct you - everyone who enters races the Austral heats a well as the support events. It's not possible to pick and choose, you enter for the carnival and get what you get.

    Only about 16 riders out of 160 make the Austral final, yet a lot of people say they raced the Austral.

  3. "Matt Tabone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO! I would like to see this person banned from the site!

    hmmmm. I think we all wish he'd go away.

    Lets put some facts down here. Super Mario's .sig is : 'I'm not going to say I'm the greatest
    cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'

    Yesterday, the saeco black-lightning clad, cipo worshipping (a-grade!? the photo's title is
    'c-grade') Matt Tabone's motto on his own webpage on www.cycle2max.com was: 'I'm not going to say
    I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'

    What a strange coincidence! What are the chances of that happening?

    Then suddenly Matt Tabone suddenly posts on this thread on aus.bicycle after being 'rung up' by a
    lurker, to deny he is Super Mario- and today his motto on cycle2max has disappeared?

    Cheers Gemma

  4. Rman

    Rman Guest

    "Shabby" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Rman wrote:
    > > Sheet, guys who race only the elimination at the Austral don't say
    they
    > > have entered the Austral. There's plenty of open races that have
    support
    > > events/minor events in Victoria.
    >

    > Just to correct you - everyone who enters races the Austral heats a well as the support events.
    > It's not possible to pick and choose, you enter for the carnival and get what you get.
    >
    > Only about 16 riders out of 160 make the Austral final, yet a lot of people say they raced the
    > Austral.

    Stand corrected !!

  5. John Staines

    John Staines Guest

    The Plot thickens eh Gemma......

    But couldn't Mr Super Mario be a very clever person and have set poor Mr Tabone up? The perfect
    crime so to speak.....ummm Super Mario and clever in the same sentence....narrrr I don't think so.

    It would appear that you've been caught with your hand in the cookie jar Mr Tabone.....unless as
    I've suggested you've been "set up". :eek:) But as the Lovely Ms Gemma has stated the evidence is
    mounting and the coincidences are becoming less so.

    Best wishes

    Detective Colombo ;o)

    Gemma Kernich wrote:

    > "Matt Tabone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO! I would like to see this person banned from the site!
    > >
    > hmmmm. I think we all wish he'd go away.
    >
    > Lets put some facts down here. Super Mario's .sig is : 'I'm not going to say I'm the greatest
    > cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'
    >
    > Yesterday, the saeco black-lightning clad, cipo worshipping (a-grade!? the photo's title is
    > 'c-grade') Matt Tabone's motto on his own webpage on www.cycle2max.com was: 'I'm not going to say
    > I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'
    >
    > What a strange coincidence! What are the chances of that happening?
    >
    > Then suddenly Matt Tabone suddenly posts on this thread on aus.bicycle after being 'rung up' by a
    > lurker, to deny he is Super Mario- and today his motto on cycle2max has disappeared?
    >
    > Cheers Gemma

  6. Stu

    Stu Guest

    I'm not going to say Matt Tabone is Super Mario, but I won't disagree with anyone who says he is

  7. Stu

    Stu Guest

    oh l forgot to add, the line that goes with the picture is "This was taken shortly before I broke
    away and stayed away for 4 laps for a huge win!" posted on the 30/04/2003

    and both Matthew and Super share the same email forum thingy [email protected]

  8. John Staines

    John Staines Guest

    hahahaha top draw! Champagne comedy Stu! :eek:)

  9. "stu" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > oh l forgot to add, the line that goes with the picture is "This was taken shortly before I broke
    > away and stayed away for 4 laps for a huge win!" posted on the 30/04/2003

    :)

    > and both Matthew and Super share the same email forum thingy [email protected]

    Why, how very perceptive of you stu. The plot thickens further!

    Cheers Peter

  10. imabuff1

    imabuff1 New Member

    Joined:
    May 2, 2003
    Please Read This.

    http://www.cyclingforums.com/t24154.html

  11. Mark Lee

    Mark Lee Guest

    "Matt Tabone" <[email protected]>
    > No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO!
    >
    > I would appreciate if you could remove me from being associated with him. I have never met this
    > person. If this is some sort of joke, then it is not very funny.

    Yes, it is some kind of joke. Question is: who is the joker?

    > Can my homepage be removed from this forum? I just had a friend ring me and tell me that my
    > homepage has just been linked to this!

    The message will stay for quite a while but fewer and fewer people will see
    it.

    > I do not, and will not race and behave like this person says! I do not condone any of the
    > staements he makes.

    Glad to hear it.

    > I am now considering taking action against my name being used in conjunction with this issue>

    How do you explain the coincidences? I found your profile yesterday, totally by accident and notice
    you have removed your motto which was identical to Super Mario's.

    > I am a member of the club Marconi. I have never raced the way he has said. I have only won 1 race
    > this year. I have been racing A grade for the past month and have gotten droped every time! I am
    > enjoying myself racing. I would rather get droped trying to win a race than race the way this
    > person does! This person is a coward.

    I agree with you but believe this Super Mario is a fictitious (but very annoying) character rather
    like the much funnier "Fabrizio Mazzoleni". Question is: who is the author? You or someone having a
    joke (or worse) at your expense.

    > I have enterd 4 opens, all in the Elite catagory! None of this E grade shit!
    >
    > I would like to see this person banned from the site!

    We (I, Gemma, John Staines and others) would like to see Super Mario leave of his own accord.
    Cracking his anonymity is the first step. Let's see if he keeps posting in the future. Mark Lee

  12. Notziggy

    Notziggy Guest

    To decide for yourself, see the homepage referred to in this thread. It has been removed from
    cycle2max.com but can be found cached on Google
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Matthew+Tabone&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
    http://www.google.com.au/search?q=cache:F32XX2Ka-ioJ:www.cycle2max.com/c2m/profiles.nsf/Vprofile/51-
    D5425AF9708BEF69256D180002E195%3FOpenDocument+%22Matthew+Tabone%22&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

    John Staines wrote:
    > The Plot thickens eh Gemma......
    >
    > But couldn't Mr Super Mario be a very clever person and have set poor Mr Tabone up? The perfect
    > crime so to speak.....ummm Super Mario and clever in the same sentence....narrrr I don't think so.
    >
    > It would appear that you've been caught with your hand in the cookie jar Mr Tabone.....unless as
    > I've suggested you've been "set up". :eek:) But as the Lovely Ms Gemma has stated the evidence is
    > mounting and the coincidences are becoming less so.
    >
    > Best wishes
    >
    > Detective Colombo ;o)
    >
    > Gemma Kernich wrote:
    >
    >>"Matt Tabone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO! I would like to see this person banned from the site!
    >>>

    >>hmmmm. I think we all wish he'd go away.
    >>
    >>Lets put some facts down here. Super Mario's .sig is : 'I'm not going to say I'm the greatest
    >>cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'
    >>
    >>Yesterday, the saeco black-lightning clad, cipo worshipping (a-grade!? the photo's title is
    >>'c-grade') Matt Tabone's motto on his own webpage on www.cycle2max.com was: 'I'm not going to say
    >>I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!'
    >>
    >>What a strange coincidence! What are the chances of that happening?
    >>
    >>Then suddenly Matt Tabone suddenly posts on this thread on aus.bicycle after being 'rung up' by a
    >>lurker, to deny he is Super Mario- and today his motto on cycle2max has disappeared?
    >>
    >>Cheers Gemma

  13. Notziggy

    Notziggy Guest

    www.randwickbotanycc.com Randwick Botany ??

    Super Mario wrote:
    > imabuff1 wrote:
    > > So what club you in Super Mario. You race much.
    >

    > It starts with R, has two words, and the other word is B!
    >
    > Can anyone guess?
    >

    > --
    > I'm not going to say I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!
    >
    > I'm not going to say I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!
    >
    > I'm not going to say I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!

  14. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003

    Yet:

    http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthread.php?postid=101417#post101417 says

    Mate, you are a tool. Yes, Super Mario is Matt Tabone, member of Marconi and winner of 15 minute crits.

  15. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    QUOTE]

    You are a tool Matt Tabone. May you win 15 minute crits, for you will be destroyed next time you race anywhere else.

  16. Stu

    Stu Guest

    oh not fare, they pulled the thread by the look of it. it was just getting interesting to l wonder
    if someone can google it(wouldn't think so) or if it is still no my hard drive somewhere

    pulled... thread...get it?? hey its 10am and almost anything will pass for a joke at the minute,
    maybe l should start writing for one of the news"shows"

  17. Andrew G

    Andrew G Guest

    looks like someone might have it in for matt tabone..... "Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...
    :
    : "Matt Tabone" <[email protected]>
    : > No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO!
    : >

  18. Mark Lee said:

    > We (I, Gemma, John Staines and others) would like to see Super Mario leave of his own accord.
    > Cracking his anonymity is the first step. Let's see
    if
    > he keeps posting in the future.

    I wouldn't totally agree with that, I want to see the result of his road test with his handmade
    190mm cranks!

    Gemma