Racing Bicycle Lady Goods

Prayercall

Aug 24, 2015
On the racing bicycle my lady goods are dying!! is that normal? can I fix it any way to be a bit more comfortable?

That's not uncommon, especially on longer rides. The best solution I've found is to buy a female specific bike saddle. They're shaped a bit differently and are much more comfortable if you're going to be riding a lot. You could also look for padded bike shorts, again there are female specific designs made to soften the ride a bit...I've never used them but a friend of mine really likes them, and I think they're probably less expensive than a new saddle, so it's worth a try.

Cobb Saddles. Look at their website, read their article on "innie vs outie", and either find a local dealer that has demos, or talk with one of their reps to make a recommendation and send you one to try.

If I correctly understand that lady good thing (this is the first time I've read of that idiom), I believe it is the saddle. That's why I always recommend to bikers for them to get a feel of the bike by test riding before you buy. Sometimes it is not just the saddle adjustment that is giving a problem but the saddle itself. No matter if the saddle has a soft surface but if the contour is against the comfort of the bottom, the saddle should be replaced.

Yes I agree. Replace your saddle. I have been battling to "break in" the saddle that came with my bike and only when I read the reviews did I realise it wasn't me but the saddle was rubbish. Just bought a new saddle with excellent reviews. I am waiting for it to arrive and looking forward to better cycling days

I'm not sure if you have a shop near you where you can get your saddles replaced. I have never replaced mine mainly because I've just started cycling again. And so my bicycle was newly purchased but I think with time and use, saddles are going to give up. I hope you find a store that can replace your bike's saddle. Good luck!

That's totally normal. When you go hard, you can end up working muscles you never knew you could work! And it can wear you out.

It's a very common problem. If you don't want to replace your saddle just yet you can try with a gel saddle cover first (I got mine at the supermarket), it works for me on my regular city rides (1hr commute and errands and so on). Also, cycling shorts or knickers. I received a pair of cycling shorts for Christmas and put them to the test on a 80km ride this past weekend, worked better than the gel cover.

There's also padded underwear for cycling http://totalwomenscycling.com/commuting/best-padded-cycling-underwear-women-43123/