Racing Clubs in NY

rjp2

Mar 10, 2005
I will be moving to NYC from San Francisco and am looking for racing clubs in NYC. Looked around online and found Kissena and CRCA. Are there others? Anyone have comments on these clubs?

Thanks

rjp2 said:
I will be moving to NYC from San Francisco and am looking for racing clubs in NYC. Looked around online and found Kissena and CRCA. Are there others? Anyone have comments on these clubs?

Thanks
both are very involved in the racing scene. Kissena has a smaller team but promotes a number of races. they've always been very involved with racers, putting their money and energy back into the sport. they also have the track in NYC and hold events there.

CRCA has a bazillion "sub-teams" which race honestly (i.e. one team will chase another down). not as familiar with their involvement in the sport itself but they promote some races in the area.

if you're in the city those are the biggest and best known teams.

good luck

If you live in Manhattan, go to Central Park any day from mid-afternoon to dark. There will be groups riding the loop at any speed you want to go. You'll hook up with riders from all over the place and can get info. about their clubs and training rides, etc. CRCA holds races in Central Park just about every weekend, members only.

Show up to a single race in Central Park on a Saturday or Sunday morning, and you'll meet lots of people from lots of different clubs/teams. That is probably the best way to find what you're interested in; websites don't do racing clubs around here much justice - some don't have a website and others are misrepresented. Racing in the NYC area at any level is fantastic, although limited to Central Park, and Prospect Park in Brooklyn. With easy access to the surrounding North East you'll be in no short supply of races.