Racing handlebars/armrests?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Cam Wilson, Jun 13, 2003.

  1. Cam Wilson

    Cam Wilson Guest

    I'm not terribly up on all the lingo and equipment/accessories on racing bikes these days, and am
    wondering if "racing handlebars which you can rest your arms on", are the same as *aerobars*, or are
    they a different animal altogether?

    the reason I ask is that I am going to be looking at someone's older (early 90's) race bike soon,
    and he mentions this type of handlebars in addition to the drop handlebars.

    thanks for any info on this. with a little luck, i'll have an actual racing bike in my possession by
    the end of the weekend (no more mtn biking it in tri's).

    Cam

    Tags:

  2. Suz

    Suz Guest

    "Cam Wilson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm not terribly up on all the lingo and equipment/accessories on racing bikes these days, and am
    > wondering if "racing handlebars which you can rest your arms on", are the same as *aerobars*,

    YES!

  3. Cam Wilson

    Cam Wilson Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Suz" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Cam Wilson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm not terribly up on all the lingo and equipment/accessories on racing bikes these days, and
    > > am wondering if "racing handlebars which you can rest your arms on", are the same as *aerobars*,
    > >
    > YES!

    THANKS! (that's what I thought)