Racing In Australia-perth

tarmacguy

Aug 5, 2007
hey all

I am bout to begin my racing "career" on sunday in my first road race here in "sunny" perth, and was just wondering if there are any other roadies here from perth, to share some light on the racing scene in perth.

cheers

Where abouts are you racing? It will probably be what we class as 'hilly' (roleystone by any chance?). Whatever you do, keep your HR as low as possible, allowing others to do the work if they are forcing the pace and you aren't chasing anybody. Not sure what grade you'll be racing in though. Also, be confident with your bke handling, we recently (Sunday) had a club member shatter a hip due to some suspect bunch riding. (I ride down south in bunbury). Don't panic, ever.

bobbyOCR said:
Where abouts are you racing? It will probably be what we class as 'hilly' (roleystone by any chance?). Whatever you do, keep your HR as low as possible, allowing others to do the work if they are forcing the pace and you aren't chasing anybody. Not sure what grade you'll be racing in though. Also, be confident with your bke handling, we recently (Sunday) had a club member shatter a hip due to some suspect bunch riding. (I ride down south in bunbury). Don't panic, ever.

yeah, i am doing the roleystone event, in the support category... am a little nervous, but have the usual expectations of a beignner