racing in melbourne and sydney

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by byron27, Jun 20, 2004.

  1. byron27

    byron27 Guest

    Im heading over east this weekend and am interested in racing while im
    on holidays. I wont have time on the weekends (family commitments..) but
    can race during the week. Are there any regular weeknight road races
    that are held in melbourne and sydney?.

  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Im heading over east this weekend and am interested in racing while im
    > on holidays. I wont have time on the weekends (family commitments..)

    but
    > can race during the week. Are there any regular weeknight road races
    > that are held in melbourne and sydney?.

    Not that I know of in Melbourne during winter anyway..
    There's probably some hard training rides you could do.
    http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/TrainingRides.php

    hth
    hippy

  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > Im heading over east this weekend and am interested in racing while im
    > on holidays. I wont have time on the weekends (family commitments..) but
    > can race during the week. Are there any regular weeknight road races
    > that are held in melbourne and sydney?.

    every weeknight. CBD to North Boring. 'Tour de Suburbia' A grade starts
    at approx 5:15pm. duration 40 minutes plus hills. Must carry helmet,
    lights, DIY repairs, backpack or panniers Interval sprints for lights
    and KOM up Doncaster Rd

    --

  4. byron27

    byron27 Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > every weeknight. CBD to North Boring. 'Tour de Suburbia' A grade starts
    > at approx 5:15pm. duration 40 minutes plus hills. Must carry helmet,
    > lights, DIY repairs, backpack or panniers Interval sprints for lights
    > and KOM up Doncaster Rd

    where does it start in the CBD?

    --

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > where does it start in the CBD?

    Well, its my commute home. :D

    So, my work to home :rolleyes:

    --

  6. byron27

    byron27 Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > Well, its my commute home. :D
    > So, my work to home :rolleyes:

    whats the prizemoney like? a couple of killer pythons and a choc milk?

    --

  7. Resound

    Resound Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > whats the prizemoney like? a couple of killer pythons and a choc milk?

    <troll> A packet of Winfield Blue, a helmet and a license to top
    post. </troll>

    --

  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > whats the prizemoney like? a couple of killer pythons and a choc milk?

    You get to wear the coveted Rainbow pyjamas for 8 hours, and yes a 24
    hour licence to top-post at will. Some jealous fools may look on in awe
    but you can walk tall knowing that you did the training and any mention
    of those ampules of ribena found in the bin were someone elses'...

    --

  9. byron27

    byron27 Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > You get to wear the coveted Rainbow pyjamas for 8 hours, and yes a 24
    > hour licence to top-post at will. Some jealous fools may look on in awe
    > but you can walk tall knowing that you did the training and any mention
    > of those ampules of ribena found in the bin were someone elses'...

    Rainbow pajamas?? Whats the chamois like in those? I had a pair of
    special edition Kmart yellow trackydacks to celebrate lance's last tour
    win, but the chamois was not up to scratch....

    Has this licence to top-post been authorised by Drs?

    --

  10. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > Has this licence to top-post been authorised by Drs?

    Who cares?;)

    He can 'win back' the right not to if he wins the race!

    --

  11. byron27

    byron27 Guest

    No chance!!

    im in top top-posting sprinting form!

    That top-posting licence is mine....

    also, has the choc milk in melbourne got any better?

    Last time i was there the Big M was it and it was sacharine and gooey
    and yuck!.

    Little known fact: Perth has the highest consumption rate of flavoured
    milk in the world: 43litres per year.

    --

  12. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:86SBc.90896$R%[email protected]

    [...]

    > Little known fact: Perth has the highest consumption rate of flavoured
    > milk in the world: 43litres per year.

    That's pretty pissy for a city of over a million people. I could beat that
    myself.

    --

    A: Top-posters.

  13. John L

    John L Guest

    That's not the only thing you beat :)

    Still top-posting, still using emoticons & still laughing.

    John L.

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:31:12 +1000, "DRS"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >That's pretty pissy for a city of over a million people. I could beat that
    >myself.

  14. byron27

    byron27 Guest

    wrote:
    > > Little known fact: Perth has the highest consumption rate of flavoured
    > > milk in the world: 43litres per year.

    > That's pretty pissy for a city of over a million people. I could beat
    > that myself.

    mmmmm......yes, obviously i have left something off that statistic.

    There is one thing that strikes me as being pretty strange about
    flavoured milk. In Perth, it seems to be the "tough mans" drink. All the
    tradesmen and bikies drink the stuff. A durry in one hand and a
    chocchill in the other....a true man.

    --

  15. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > There is one thing that strikes me as being pretty strange about
    > flavoured milk. In Perth, it seems to be the "tough mans" drink. All the
    > tradesmen and bikies drink the stuff. A durry in one hand and a
    > chocchill in the other....a true man.

    My first job out of college, I worked in a design studio with a rather
    attractive receptionist. Got talkin bout surfin, etc, etc Turns out she
    was a Big-M calendar Girl (in every sense of the word ;) ).

    As for Chocolate Milk. that's for nancies:D Any thinking flavoured milk
    connessuer(?) knows that BigM coffee is the Go! Just take a look at any
    building site. Amongst the rubble will be the obligatory empty slab-box,
    pie wrappers/burger bags and empty Coffee BigM cartons

    Oh, just remembered there's another category in the race! the coveted
    'Badgar's Arse' Jersey. Goes to the racer who gets the most road-grime
    up their back :D

    --

  16. byron27

    byron27 Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > My first job out of college, I worked in a design studio with a rather
    > attractive receptionist. Got talkin bout surfin, etc, etc Turns out she
    > was a Big-M calendar Girl (in every sense of the word ;) ).
    > As for Chocolate Milk. that's for nancies:D Any thinking flavoured milk
    > connessuer(?) knows that BigM coffee is the Go! Just take a look at any
    > building site. Amongst the rubble will be the obligatory empty slab-box,
    > pie wrappers/burger bags and empty Coffee BigM cartons
    > Oh, just remembered there's another category in the race! the coveted
    > 'Badgar's Arse' Jersey. Goes to the racer who gets the most road-grime
    > up their back :D

    sorry, but as any perthites on this forum will attest, perth has the
    best quality and selection of flavoured milk in Australia. I have tried
    a Big M, and god knows, i have persisted with it each time i have
    travelled to essendonland, and it just doesnt cut the mustard with what
    we have over here. I'll send some to you xpress post flyingdutch, should
    only take a day or two:p.

    With the size of my arse all the dirt gets caught in my crud catcher. No
    badgers for me....

    --

  17. Bluenose

    Bluenose Guest

    Well, EVERYONE knows that South Australia is the flavoured milk drinking
    capital of Aus'ralia (I've noticed you Aussies don't say the T) Remember
    the saying "It's a Farmers Union iced coffee or it's nothing" In fact I
    think we may have at least 6 different kinds of iced coffee alone. :)

    Cheers!

    ps I've tried Big M and it's horrific! ;)

    byron27 wrote:

    > flyingdutch wrote:
    > > My first job out of college, I worked in a design studio with a rather
    > > attractive receptionist. Got talkin bout surfin, etc, etc Turns out she
    > > was a Big-M calendar Girl (in every sense of the word ;) ).
    > > As for Chocolate Milk. that's for nancies:D Any thinking flavoured milk
    > > connessuer(?) knows that BigM coffee is the Go! Just take a look at any
    > > building site. Amongst the rubble will be the obligatory empty slab-box,
    > > pie wrappers/burger bags and empty Coffee BigM cartons
    > > Oh, just remembered there's another category in the race! the coveted
    > > 'Badgar's Arse' Jersey. Goes to the racer who gets the most road-grime
    > > up their back :D

    > sorry, but as any perthites on this forum will attest, perth has the
    > best quality and selection of flavoured milk in Australia. I have tried
    > a Big M, and god knows, i have persisted with it each time i have
    > travelled to essendonland, and it just doesnt cut the mustard with what
    > we have over here. I'll send some to you xpress post flyingdutch, should
    > only take a day or two:p.
    >
    > With the size of my arse all the dirt gets caught in my crud catcher. No
    > badgers for me....
    >
    > --

  18. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > sorry, but as any perthites on this forum will attest, perth has the
    > best quality and selection of flavoured milk in Australia. I have tried
    > a Big M, and god knows, i have persisted with it each time i have
    > travelled to essendonland, and it just doesnt cut the mustard with what
    > we have over here. I'll send some to you xpress post flyingdutch, should
    > only take a day or two:p.
    > With the size of my arse all the dirt gets caught in my crud catcher. No
    > badgers for me....

    Yes, but the BigM girls ... :rolleyes:

    As for Milk, I have been down with Flu/Cold thing and getting by on
    Codral (woohoo. gotta lerv that codiene:p ) and, shudder, soymilk in my
    coffee, shudder!!! Get big 'sharky's in it. Gives your coffee a texture.
    bluuuurrrgghhh!

    --

  19. byron27

    byron27 Guest

    wrote:
    > Yes, but the BigM girls ... :rolleyes:

    Yes, i know what you mean. the big choc milk manufacturer over here,
    Masters, had an ad campaign recently where the foreman (?) ofa
    buildingsite was this hot little thing in little stubbies and a singlet
    telling this tradesman how she would be "supervising him today" while
    sculling a choc milk.

    Its weird, that seems so normal to me but that ad is probably on
    "funniest ads from around the world" TV shows around the world.......

    --

  20. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > Yes, i know what you mean. the big choc milk manufacturer over here,
    > Masters, had an ad campaign recently where the foreman (?) ofa
    > buildingsite was this hot little thing in little stubbies and a singlet
    > telling this tradesman how she would be "supervising him today" while
    > sculling a choc milk.

    Aah. My second job was at an Ad agency. Worked on the 'Hard Yakka'
    calendar. Lasses in overalls and hardhats. Terrible stuff:D Oh, what one
    does to make a quid...